Author Topic: problems getting older.  (Read 776 times)

Sheila

Re: problems getting older.
« Reply #15 on: Jun 24, 2019, 06:56:21 PM »
Sorry Scrumpy, something went wrong - lift my leg up high whilst standing on the other - no!

Alex22

« Reply #16 on: Jun 24, 2019, 08:18:00 PM »
I used to cut my toe nails on the side of the bath, now I have to put my foot on the loo as it's lower.   My arms have definitely shrunk though  8)    But as Diasi says, at least I've been able bodied and had a life, unlike some youngsters so I'm not complaining !

stellamaris

« Reply #17 on: Jun 24, 2019, 08:25:01 PM »
I find toe separators are a good start.  Not those foamy things where you can't put your foot flat.  I mean the silicone ones, especially those for for hammer toes, whatever that is.  Once the toes are stretched, separated and relaxed it is much easier to tackle the next step of whatever you are doing and the way you are doing it.  They are particularly good for painting the nails because you can walk on them [for a bit] without smudging.
Keep on chooglin' - John Fogerty
Pronouns: She/Her/Beautiful/Wondrous one/Dearest Heart

zoony

« Reply #18 on: Jun 24, 2019, 08:29:09 PM »
  I enjoy the luxury of a Chiropodist's visit at home...It's safer than me cutting chunks off myself.
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

stellamaris

« Reply #19 on: Jun 24, 2019, 08:40:14 PM »
What does he/she do zoony.  We used to have a home visit, a neighbour of my sister, who we booked once a month and she called in on her way home with her kit. She just cut and filed the nails unless there were other little bits we wanted seeing to. Great set up and cheap but she moved.    I can't seem to find anyone who just comes in with their kit, cuts the nails, and then leaves.   I do go to one with her own premises every few months, but it is not cheap, because there are all the little extras, such as feet soaking, circulation testing,  cream treatments etc.
Keep on chooglin' - John Fogerty
Pronouns: She/Her/Beautiful/Wondrous one/Dearest Heart

Diasi

« Reply #20 on: Jun 24, 2019, 09:00:54 PM »
I used to cut my toe nails on the side of the bath, now I have to put my foot on the loo as it's lower.   My arms have definitely shrunk though  8)    But as Diasi says, at least I've been able bodied and had a life, unlike some youngsters so I'm not complaining !

Snap, foot on the loo as it serves a double purpose of containing the clippings.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

zoony

« Reply #21 on: Jun 24, 2019, 09:24:09 PM »
What does he/she do zoony.  We used to have a home visit, a neighbour of my sister, who we booked once a month and she called in on her way home with her kit. She just cut and filed the nails unless there were other little bits we wanted seeing to. Great set up and cheap but she moved.    I can't seem to find anyone who just comes in with their kit, cuts the nails, and then leaves.   I do go to one with her own premises every few months, but it is not cheap, because there are all the little extras, such as feet soaking, circulation testing,  cream treatments etc.

Spud, I made it clear from the start that I just wanted my toe-nails cut..short..Nada mas and that's precisely what she does. I pay her £25 and consider it worthwhile as a certain degree of neuropathy means my feet are numb in places and hypersensitive in others. She's well qualified, knowledgeable and very pleasant...But she lives in Stockport I'm afraid though I'm sure you could find a mobile one locally. Google it?
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.