Author Topic: Andy and Peter will not be left in a hot car.  (Read 414 times)

brian54

Andy and Peter will not be left in a hot car.
« on: Jun 25, 2019, 06:51:52 AM »
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/weather/uk-weather-forecast-met-office-issues-danger-alerts-ahead-of-32c-heatwave/ar-AADnViu?li=BBoPWjQ

We will get up at 5am so they can have a walk when it is cooler and they can then do extra guarding of the house. They will have plenty of water even though it is on a meter. They will have their normal food possibly later in the day.

Raven

Re: Andy and Peter will not be left in a hot car.
« Reply #1 on: Jun 25, 2019, 11:13:28 AM »
Early Morning walks on the beach and late evening in the woods for Dageus, Rest of the time he's in a cool dark corner sleeping away the day.

Goingtoseed

« Reply #2 on: Jun 25, 2019, 12:55:31 PM »
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/weather/uk-weather-forecast-met-office-issues-danger-alerts-ahead-of-32c-heatwave/ar-AADnViu?li=BBoPWjQ

We will get up at 5am so they can have a walk when it is cooler and they can then do extra guarding of the house. They will have plenty of water even though it is on a meter. They will have their normal food possibly later in the day.

Hang on, do you actually read the water meter especially when filling up the dogs' bowl?
I have never read our meter - that is the job of the water company - I pay for what I use and certainly don't worry about how much I use.

brian54

« Reply #3 on: Jun 25, 2019, 01:43:15 PM »

Hang on, do you actually read the water meter especially when filling up the dogs' bowl?
I have never read our meter - that is the job of the water company - I pay for what I use and certainly don't worry about how much I use.

No. I don't know how much they cost to feed either. I just put their food in the trolley with mine. I just buy a mixture of food of varying prices.

Alex22

« Reply #4 on: Jun 25, 2019, 02:34:40 PM »
Put your hand on the pavement for seven seconds before heading outside with your dog.  If it’s too hot for your hand, then it’s also too hot for paws. 

Cassandra

« Reply #5 on: Jun 25, 2019, 03:17:42 PM »
Put your hand on the pavement for seven seconds before heading outside with your dog.  If it’s too hot for your hand, then it’s also too hot for paws.
Thank you Alex  8)
My Little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

Michael Rolls

« Reply #6 on: Jun 25, 2019, 06:23:32 PM »
Never heard that before - sounds good advice
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

brian54

« Reply #7 on: Jun 26, 2019, 03:54:34 PM »
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/cars/news/leaving-a-dog-in-a-hot-car-—-the-cruel-offence-that-could-cost-you-£20000/ar-AADrp0F?li=AAnZ9Ug

People said we were cruel to get Andy the same day our old Andy died.
On the up side he got a home the same day his previous owner died.
He was under a lot of pressure as we had not got over the death of our previous dog but he appeared to understand.

Cassandra

« Reply #8 on: Jun 26, 2019, 04:01:18 PM »
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/cars/news/leaving-a-dog-in-a-hot-car-—-the-cruel-offence-that-could-cost-you-£20000/ar-AADrp0F?li=AAnZ9Ug

People said we were cruel to get Andy the same day our old Andy died.
On the up side he got a home the same day his previous owner died.
He was under a lot of pressure as we had not got over the death of our previous dog but he appeared to understand.

Did 'Andy 1' die on a hot day then, or for that matter perhaps you mean his owner slipped off his mortal coil during a heat wave?

brian54

« Reply #9 on: Jun 26, 2019, 04:36:10 PM »
Did 'Andy 1' die on a hot day then, or for that matter perhaps you mean his owner slipped off his mortal coil during a heat wave?
Andy 2 came in March on the day Andy 1 died at 17. He was clearly upset but he realised we were as well. He put his grief on one side and I think he said I have got to get Dougal and Brian right. Sadly Dougal died later. Peter was ordered the next day and Dogs Trust said he could come after Andy interviewed him.

Cassandra

« Reply #10 on: Jun 26, 2019, 04:49:52 PM »

Andy must have thought he'd been accepted by a hospice and probably told Pete your next?

brian54

« Reply #11 on: Jun 28, 2019, 06:29:01 AM »
Andy must have thought he'd been accepted by a hospice and probably told Pete your next?

Dougal died over 4 years later. Sadly I think Andy will pass away next but not for a long time. I think he is still training Peter.

little bob

« Reply #12 on: Jun 28, 2019, 04:08:34 PM »
Are you feeding your dogs the right food Brian,you seem to have a lot of dead dogs at your house-I was going to ask you to look after mine but I wont bother now.

brian54

« Reply #13 on: Jun 28, 2019, 04:15:25 PM »
Are you feeding your dogs the right food Brian,you seem to have a lot of dead dogs at your house-I was going to ask you to look after mine but I wont bother now.

The dogs at my house have lasted 15 to 17 years. I don't think that is bad.