Author Topic: Films  (Read 7759 times)

klondike

Re: Films
« Reply #45 on: Apr 05, 2020, 08:48:04 AM »
Not exactly films but Spielberg made a tv series in the mid-80s called 'Amazing Stories', and, while good for their time they haven't aged well but he's just re-vamped the idea, as 'Amazing Stories' again, and they're much more enjoyable little tales of weirdness..
There was a cheap and cheerful science fiction magazine of that name many years ago. It gave a leg up to many authors of the genre some who went on to be greats. I always liked SF but haven't read any for years now. If the libraries were open I could maybe sample some again.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amazing_Stories
So long and thanks for all the fish

mick607

« Reply #46 on: Apr 05, 2020, 09:37:14 AM »
Last nights offering was poor & when I say poor I really mean poor."light From Light" supposed to be a supernatural film about a ghost hunter, everything about this film was embarrasingly bad.Top of the bill was "Brahms The Boy 2", again only slightly better, but not that much better. The first Brahms The Boy was at least watchable but this one was doomed from the start to go nowhere. I struggled to stay awake.Both films were mediocre at best, don't waste your time with these.A complete & utter waste of good cine film.

Raven

« Reply #47 on: Apr 05, 2020, 10:27:03 AM »
Watched War for the Planet of the Apes last night, long drawn out film and I got bored at times. Lots of coffee breaks while Himself watched.

zoony

« Reply #48 on: Apr 05, 2020, 11:37:15 AM »
I watched 'The Banker'..Sam L and Nicholas Hoult. Both of whom I enjoy watching..At least I got to the end of it..7.5/10 from me..
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

zoony

« Reply #49 on: Apr 10, 2020, 09:30:27 PM »
Anybody still with Westworld? I'm a couple of episodes into series 3 and quite enjoying being rather confused..

cowboy wisdom.

Hugh

« Reply #50 on: Apr 11, 2020, 08:22:09 AM »
Hi zoony Westworld just a little to confusing for me, but pleased you are enjoying it. Its certainly one of the best programs made for TV.

Mandaldrian Star Wars more my cup of tea, chapter 5 now being streamed. 

klondike

« Reply #51 on: Apr 11, 2020, 08:31:45 AM »
Anybody still with Westworld? I'm a couple of episodes into series 3 and quite enjoying being rather confused..
I watched both series twice and finally think I understood. Keep with it. Much of the confusion is caused by not always showing stuff in correct chronological sequence.

BTW I watched good liar which you recommended and enjoyed it. I did guess the twist before the reveal but obviously not all the detail as there were no clues to that which I spotted. Its IMDB rating deserved to be higher IMO as I've seen real dross with higher scores but I suppose that's all down to taste.

zoony

« Reply #52 on: Apr 11, 2020, 01:29:40 PM »
I watched both series twice and finally think I understood. Keep with it. Much of the confusion is caused by not always showing stuff in correct chronological sequence.

BTW I watched good liar which you recommended and enjoyed it. I did guess the twist before the reveal but obviously not all the detail as there were no clues to that which I spotted. Its IMDB rating deserved to be higher IMO as I've seen real dross with higher scores but I suppose that's all down to taste.

It's Series 3 of Westworld I speak of K..Good Liar was obviously a bit too British for some of the critics..

cowboy wisdom.

klondike

« Reply #53 on: Apr 11, 2020, 03:08:57 PM »
Hmmm. Series 3? I'm not sure how they swung that one as the way series 2 ended I'd assumed that was it. I guess I'll download it then but have some reservations. I wasn't fond of season 2 of Killing Eve and she seems to have resurrected for season 3 (at least it's the right time of year for resurrection). I liked the first few of Vikings but pulled the plug part way through the series after Radnar got the chop.

===

I see Westworld season 3 is still running. I'll grab them as they come then.

zoony

« Reply #54 on: Apr 11, 2020, 03:29:31 PM »
You might've given up on Vikings a bit early K. Ivar The Boneless makes an interesting protagonist though I was surprised that Ragnar was got rid of..Might've been studio politics rather than story-line but the search for a king of the combined tribes has been interesting and, naturally, rather bloody.. ;D

cowboy wisdom.

klondike

« Reply #55 on: Apr 11, 2020, 03:33:26 PM »
I've still got them and can download later ones should I run low on stuff to watch. I might try GoT again - I have all of them but never got into it for some reason.

zoony

« Reply #56 on: Apr 11, 2020, 03:53:15 PM »
I intentionally didn't get into G of T when it first appeared because of the fuss made of it and how brilliant it was..Just being contrary I suppose but when I did watch it a couple of years later I was hugely impressed and enjoyed it immensely.

cowboy wisdom.

Hugh

« Reply #57 on: Apr 13, 2020, 08:21:11 AM »
The film I watched last night was The Lion King which I really enjoyed.

mick607

« Reply #58 on: Apr 13, 2020, 08:29:53 AM »
The film I watched last night was The Lion King which I really enjoyed.
One of my favourites Hugh.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #59 on: Apr 13, 2020, 08:53:19 AM »
Never seen it, but Veronica and I bought it for our granddaughter a while back and she very much enjoyed it
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!