Author Topic: Films  (Read 7765 times)

richmond62

Re: Films
« Reply #30 on: Mar 28, 2020, 08:41:09 PM »
The problem is normally not with the hole to bung the USB stick: what is
normally the problem is to find the button on the remote to load the stuff from the USB stick.

richmond62

« Reply #31 on: Mar 28, 2020, 08:42:44 PM »
Watched "To Have and Have Not" (1944) with Humphrey "Go-kart" last night.

Unlike an awful lot of guff it has stood the test of time.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #32 on: Mar 28, 2020, 09:00:31 PM »
Great film
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

zoony

« Reply #33 on: Mar 28, 2020, 11:54:14 PM »
Is anybody watching the 3rd series of 'Ozark'? Nicely different for a US tv hit..Quieter than most too.. ;D
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

klondike

« Reply #34 on: Mar 31, 2020, 12:59:09 PM »
Underwater.A new film release not one I will watch again, a bit too much like Alien only this one is set underwater.I for the life of me could not understand how no bubbles were seen in the water when they were breathing air ?
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5774060/
I watched this last night. I wouldnt watch it again either. Not a patch on Alien. With no building up of the characters at all I couldn't identify with any of them or give a damn which of them died and which survived if any. Bit too murky to see much either for most of the time. Cuts down on cost I suppose.

On the bubbles. This was supposed to be 6 miles deep where pressures are incredible and any opening in the suit would result in water going in PDQ rather than gasses coming out. If any had been released at the pressures people could breathe the bubbles would have been forced down to micrscopic sizes by the pressure. At one point the dialog meantioned "scrubbers" so the suits were closed systems like tiny submarines with any CO2 being chemically removed and the O2 level maintained from the cyliders in the suit.
So long and thanks for all the fish

mick607

« Reply #35 on: Mar 31, 2020, 01:11:02 PM »
The problem is normally not with the hole to bung the USB stick: what is
normally the problem is to find the button on the remote to load the stuff from the USB stick.
That button is usually marked "INPUT".

mick607

« Reply #36 on: Mar 31, 2020, 01:15:04 PM »
I watched this last night. I wouldnt watch it again either. Not a patch on Alien. With no building up of the characters at all I couldn't identify with any of them or give a damn which of them died and which survived if any. Bit too murky to see much either for most of the time. Cuts down on cost I suppose.

On the bubbles. This was supposed to be 6 miles deep where pressures are incredible and any opening in the suit would result in water going in PDQ rather than gasses coming out. If any had been released at the pressures people could breathe the bubbles would have been forced down to micrscopic sizes by the pressure. At one point the dialog meantioned "scrubbers" so the suits were closed systems like tiny submarines with any CO2 being chemically removed and the O2 level maintained from the cyliders in the suit.
Thanks for the "in depth" technical explanation Klondike. But wasn't that wench skinny ?I've seen more fat on a chip   ;D ;D ;D

klondike

« Reply #37 on: Mar 31, 2020, 01:17:50 PM »
I wouldn't climb over her to get to you in the bed  ;D
So long and thanks for all the fish

mick607

« Reply #38 on: Mar 31, 2020, 01:37:51 PM »
Likewise  ;D ;D ;D

mick607

« Reply #39 on: Mar 31, 2020, 01:39:34 PM »
In my younger days I went out with a bird just as skinny but much taller.She wasn't that bad   ;D

Hugh

« Reply #40 on: Apr 01, 2020, 08:18:15 PM »
Posted in Films yesterday but could not find it tonight. Having gone to my profile I found my post in thread in FILMS in hobbies and interests.

zoony

« Reply #41 on: Apr 01, 2020, 10:40:49 PM »
Anybody seen the new 'Batwoman' series? I gave it a fair chance..
 I guess it's inevitable that male heroes will be appropriated, for commercial reasons, by lesbian film makers and 're-imagined' but it needs to be better than this tripe.

cowboy wisdom.

zoony

« Reply #42 on: Apr 02, 2020, 09:40:31 PM »
Just almost watched the new Invisible Man. I say 'almost' because it was so slow-but-not-suspenseful and highly predictable and obvious from so very early on. If you're going to steal a classic title then it deserves a much better film.
4/10 from me.

cowboy wisdom.

zoony

« Reply #43 on: Apr 05, 2020, 12:09:18 AM »
Not exactly films but Spielberg made a tv series in the mid-80s called 'Amazing Stories', and, while good for their time they haven't aged well but he's just re-vamped the idea, as 'Amazing Stories' again, and they're much more enjoyable little tales of weirdness..

cowboy wisdom.

Hugh

« Reply #44 on: Apr 05, 2020, 07:53:29 AM »
Last night watched a kids program "4 Kids and It" not great but watchable.