Author Topic: funny moments,  (Read 694 times)

Alfred

funny moments,
« on: Jul 17, 2019, 04:18:48 PM »
Many years ago my wife before we married, went to visit  an aunt who lived in a block of flats over looking a school , well this aunt had at the time a minah bird and being a warm sunny day the bird in its cage was put out on a small balcony over looking the school,

some time later the school had two teams of girls playing net ball and the teacher from time to time blew her whistle as the game continued

my wife during a conversation said to her aunt dont you get fed up with that school in particular especially with the teachers who seemed to be obsessed with their whistles. her aunt said you get used to it over time,

out side on the pavement onlookers passing the school stopped and wondered what sort of game this net ball was, as suddenly as the game started the whistle blew again,  and so all the girls stopped being very confused as to why this maniac of a teacher kept stopping the game minutes after it had begun.

then my wife looking out seeing what was going on suddenly realised that the minah bird was mimicking the teachers whistle, and had it down to perfection, when the teachers also realised what had happened and my wife's aunt finally had a letter from the school asking her to keep the minah bird indoors until after the children had gone home,

Q ; do you have a funny moment to share with us,

mick607

Re: funny moments,
« Reply #1 on: Jul 17, 2019, 07:27:38 PM »
I would have told the shool to get stuffed   & would only comply to their request when they stopped blowing the whistles loudly in the daytime due to me working night shifts & the whistle was keeping me awake !

greenframe

« Reply #2 on: Aug 07, 2019, 02:04:02 PM »
Many years ago my wife before we married, went to visit  an aunt who lived in a block of flats over looking a school , well this aunt had at the time a minah bird and being a warm sunny day the bird in its cage was put out on a small balcony over looking the school,

some time later the school had two teams of girls playing net ball and the teacher from time to time blew her whistle as the game continued

my wife during a conversation said to her aunt dont you get fed up with that school in particular especially with the teachers who seemed to be obsessed with their whistles. her aunt said you get used to it over time,

out side on the pavement onlookers passing the school stopped and wondered what sort of game this net ball was, as suddenly as the game started the whistle blew again,  and so all the girls stopped being very confused as to why this maniac of a teacher kept stopping the game minutes after it had begun.

then my wife looking out seeing what was going on suddenly realised that the minah bird was mimicking the teachers whistle, and had it down to perfection, when the teachers also realised what had happened and my wife's aunt finally had a letter from the school asking her to keep the minah bird indoors until after the children had gone home,

Q ; do you have a funny moment to share with us,

;D ;D ;D  HaHa my friends parrot did something similar to this but was making the sound of her husband calling for her  :D :D

Raven

« Reply #3 on: Aug 08, 2019, 07:32:07 AM »
My pals bird would always sound like the phone ringing if I was minding her kids. It drove me nuts as I always had to check, just incase it was the phone.