Author Topic: Another go at learning to play guitar  (Read 6422 times)

Cassandra

Re: Another go at learning to play guitar
« Reply #45 on: Sep 12, 2019, 04:25:46 AM »

Well thank God for that! I already spoke to the Samaritans and they're trying to trace your ip address as we speak! {I jest but bear it in mind for the future my oh-so-learned friend.. ;) ...}

Sorry to have alarmed Zoon, I'm not renown for misrepresentation, as your lordship pleases ... Had a chat with an old pal tonight who is feeling as equally depressed as I am about the abandonment of democracy, by resort to the Courts. From my late profession, he too is horrified by what we both see as the flagrant mis-use of the justice system in the pursuit of political gain.

"The 'opposition' are now the un-elected Government by interlocutory default, with a 30 plus majority! Why on earth would they want an election to relinquish such control,"

was my lead as case prosecution, in this 2 hour telephonic ramble twixt two elderly councils!

Still at the bench as a senior appeal Judge, he also does a lot of charity work for deprived families throughout the UK. He explained that the sheer hatred for the political classes generally among those he meets in his latter activities, has begun to convince him there's a,

"tsunami heading for Labour's beach dear boy, mark it well, Farage is the new Cromwell!".

Suitably re-inforced, I had a stiff G&T, and promptly fell asleep, to be awakened four hours later by my small companion licking my nose.

Now the dogs snoring and I can't sleep!

ps sorry to have buggered up your music themed thread with these distractions - "all part of the banjo playing business" - as my dear old pater would have said!
My Little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

Michael Rolls

« Reply #46 on: Sep 12, 2019, 06:09:15 AM »
Cassandra
Is this the one?
Mike
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEymZ3rXOmc
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

Scrumpy

« Reply #47 on: Sep 12, 2019, 08:24:05 AM »
' Elthel Smith you stand here before us today  charged with the murder of your husband Harold Smith by putting a feather pillow over his head whilst he was sleeping.. How do you plead.'?

' Not guilty yor 'onour.. My 'usband 'arold was always saying how 'e was fed up wiv it all.. This went on for free years.. He looked at me with the eyes of a puppy and said 'Time to let go'..  He was beggin' me to 'elp  'im end it all and i did..'

Verdict:  Not guilty.. Misunderstanding..
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

Cassandra

« Reply #48 on: Sep 12, 2019, 12:31:49 PM »
Cassandra
Is this the one?
Mike
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEymZ3rXOmc

Yes and thank you so much. Dad was actually as good as that too! He he took a wager with a friend and stood on a street corner busking once to see how much he'd get and told it was not insignificant. The local bobby on the beat (late 1940's) went to end this impromptu episode of strumming and then incredulously seeing who it was, said very politely;-

"Oh excuse me sir, would you mind moving on."

Father replied, "I'm waiting for a friend, so I just thought I'd practice a bit."

"What about all this money then said the PC?"

"Nothing to do with me came the reply."

"Well in that case, I'd better keep it just in case anyone claims it."

Dad's delivery and demeanour were very similar to John Le Mesurier's, if you can imagine this rather absurd episode of events?

Cassandra

« Reply #49 on: Sep 12, 2019, 12:35:01 PM »
' Elthel Smith you stand here before us today  charged with the murder of your husband Harold Smith by putting a feather pillow over his head whilst he was sleeping.. How do you plead.'?

' Not guilty yor 'onour.. My 'usband 'arold was always saying how 'e was fed up wiv it all.. This went on for free years.. He looked at me with the eyes of a puppy and said 'Time to let go'..  He was beggin' me to 'elp  'im end it all and i did..'

Verdict:  Not guilty.. Misunderstanding..
:D :D :D A classic defence!

Michael Rolls

« Reply #50 on: Sep 12, 2019, 06:46:53 PM »
Love both posts!
Mike

Michael Rolls

« Reply #51 on: Sep 12, 2019, 06:48:22 PM »
John le Mesurier - one of my very, very favourite actors - especially in Dad's Army
Mike

Michael Rolls

« Reply #52 on: Sep 12, 2019, 06:49:31 PM »
The number of times he started a gentle correction or warning of Captain Mainwaring with 'Well, sir...'
Mike

Cassandra

« Reply #53 on: Sep 12, 2019, 08:44:08 PM »
The number of times he started a gentle correction or warning of Captain Mainwaring with 'Well, sir...'
Mike

Or,

"Do you think that's wise sir?" :)

Michael Rolls

« Reply #54 on: Sep 12, 2019, 10:48:13 PM »
Or,

"Do you think that's wise sir?" :)
Yes - I'd forgotten that gem - rather like Sir Humphrey and 'That's very brave, Minister.'
Mike

zoony

« Reply #55 on: Sep 12, 2019, 11:09:02 PM »
C-G...I posted this on another wotsit but thought you'd prob'ly smile all the way through it..The video's quite good too.. ;D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_QheuTi8Q8&list=PLda54R_XAv-J4jXH9ayP0oUVJKNvWReYN
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

Cee Gee

« Reply #56 on: Sep 13, 2019, 07:33:30 AM »
C-G...I posted this on another wotsit but thought you'd prob'ly smile all the way through it..The video's quite good too.. ;D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_QheuTi8Q8&list=PLda54R_XAv-J4jXH9ayP0oUVJKNvWReYN

Great stuff.....woke me up nicely  :)

Cassandra

« Reply #57 on: Sep 13, 2019, 11:00:45 AM »

Exhilarating zoon, he can play a bit what!

zoony

« Reply #58 on: Sep 13, 2019, 02:47:13 PM »
  I'll say! Phenomenal picker but so far away from anything I ever did that I feel no envy whatsoever...The hell I don't!  ;D
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.