Author Topic: Another go at learning to play guitar  (Read 6450 times)

Bee

Re: Another go at learning to play guitar
« Reply #15 on: Sep 06, 2019, 06:49:43 PM »
zoony I remember you posting the link before, I enjoyed listening then and enjoyed listening again just now. :) :) :)
The only way is up....

zoony

« Reply #16 on: Sep 06, 2019, 06:52:42 PM »
Thank you Bee. I thought that if CG could hear what I was talking about rather than my weak description of it it might help.
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

Bee

« Reply #17 on: Sep 06, 2019, 06:57:47 PM »
Thank you Bee. I thought that if CG could hear what I was talking about rather than my weak description of it it might help.

You are welcome zoony, fingers crossed CeeGee understands.
The only way is up....

Cee Gee

« Reply #18 on: Sep 06, 2019, 07:15:31 PM »
yes Bee CG has listened and understands :) . Mike you have a great talent your song is fantastic and should be out to a wider audience to make you a bob or too. I also like your other song all good friends. That is some studio setup you have. 8)

zoony

« Reply #19 on: Sep 06, 2019, 07:19:06 PM »
 ;D ;D  No mate, just a photo of one. My stuff was recorded in a cellar.
 Bee..I remember that during the writing of that song, the voice I was hearing in my head was Billie Holiday's..

cowboy wisdom.

Bee

« Reply #20 on: Sep 06, 2019, 08:06:59 PM »
yes Bee CG has listened and understands :) . Mike you have a great talent your song is fantastic and should be out to a wider audience to make you a bob or too. I also like your other song all good friends. That is some studio setup you have. 8)

Cee Gee I apologise if I sounded patronising, I didn't mean to, it was a wrong choice of words.
The only way is up....

Cassandra

« Reply #21 on: Sep 06, 2019, 08:32:24 PM »
CG..This in one of mine written with that string change. You'll hear it's depth as the verse starts after the intro..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEVMYbGOKD8&feature=em-upload_owner

Zoon , Brilliant my friend, really mean it, what a talent! Truly evocative of the Alan Parson's Project -     
'Since the last Goodbye' (Chris Rainbow vocals).
My Little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

zoony

« Reply #22 on: Sep 06, 2019, 09:03:31 PM »
You're very kind Cass but like most things, it was a long time ago. I thought I might at least write one song somebody would like enough to use but it wasn't to be. On the other hand, the years I played for my living were the happiest of my life and are a fund of wonderful memories so I regret nothing..

cowboy wisdom.

Cee Gee

« Reply #23 on: Sep 06, 2019, 09:09:39 PM »

Cee Gee I apologise if I sounded patronising, I didn't mean to, it was a wrong choice of words.

No need to apologise I did not take it the wrong way, it was a reasonable comment. Sorry if I gave the impression that I had. :-* :-*

Bee

« Reply #24 on: Sep 06, 2019, 10:20:51 PM »

No need to apologise I did not take it the wrong way, it was a reasonable comment. Sorry if I gave the impression that I had. :-* :-*

Thanks for that Cee Gee, that's made me feel better. ;D
The only way is up....

Michael Rolls

« Reply #25 on: Sep 10, 2019, 06:39:33 AM »
By chance I came across this guitar version of Clair de Lune - thought others might enjoy it
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

Cee Gee

« Reply #26 on: Sep 10, 2019, 09:26:10 AM »
Mike I keep going back to your blues in D. I really think that it could and should have been an hit song. Surely there must be someone that would buy it have you tried. :)   By the way you sang it like a Star.

Cee Gee

« Reply #27 on: Sep 10, 2019, 09:31:20 AM »
By chance I came across this guitar version of Clair de Lune - thought others might enjoy it
Mike

Thanks for the link....very nice :) 

zoony

« Reply #28 on: Sep 10, 2019, 12:30:12 PM »
Mike I keep going back to your blues in D. I really think that it could and should have been an hit song. Surely there must be someone that would buy it have you tried. :)   By the way you sang it like a Star.

Thanks CG, that's a lovely thing to say... I got a bit excited when I wrote it but the truth is that one needs a bit of luck as to who hears it. The days when one could send a CD to somebody out of the blue ended long ago and I never met any of those influential people. Hey ho...

cowboy wisdom.

zoony

« Reply #29 on: Sep 11, 2019, 01:51:38 AM »
I hope that I don't sound pretentious saying this C-G, but there are songs, like Blues in D, that only need a spark. After that they more or less write themselves. All Good Friends was another and though it's a much simpler song, it's possibly more commercial. When I came back to England in 1980 or so I had an old Radio Times binder with all my writings in it which I was carrying when I was involved in quite a large car accident. I was in the back, saw it coming but was helpless to do anything but brace myself. All survived intact eventually but I never saw that binder again. It was an unpleasant time for a while after, much of it spent just trying to remember and catch fragments of half-remembered lyrics and tunes..
 I've not thought about that for a long time...I'm going outside and may be some time... ;D

cowboy wisdom.