Author Topic: Another go at learning to play guitar  (Read 6420 times)

Cassandra

Re: Another go at learning to play guitar
« Reply #30 on: Sep 11, 2019, 05:08:03 AM »
I hope that I don't sound pretentious saying this C-G, but there are songs, like Blues in D, that only need a spark. After that they more or less write themselves. All Good Friends was another and though it's a much simpler song, it's possibly more commercial. When I came back to England in 1980 or so I had an old Radio Times binder with all my writings in it which I was carrying when I was involved in quite a large car accident. I was in the back, saw it coming but was helpless to do anything but brace myself. All survived intact eventually but I never saw that binder again. It was an unpleasant time for a while after, much of it spent just trying to remember and catch fragments of half-remembered lyrics and tunes..
 I've not thought about that for a long time...I'm going outside and may be some time... ;D

Zoon, are the health distractions you referred to recently connected with your crash? Neural/osteopathic injuries can be a lifetime with you and develop into osteo arthritis and fibro myalgia apart from physical injury trauma. I've handled a few cases claiming compensation involving listening to many hours of expert witness testimonies.

This is a day of reflective anniversarial sadness for me, so I can't sleep and me and dog are on the keyboard again. I'll crash out around midday I expect. What a sadness losing your library of music old chap, so sorry to hear about it. :'(
My Little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

Cee Gee

« Reply #31 on: Sep 11, 2019, 07:52:40 AM »
I hope that I don't sound pretentious saying this C-G, but there are songs, like Blues in D, that only need a spark. After that they more or less write themselves. All Good Friends was another and though it's a much simpler song, it's possibly more commercial. When I came back to England in 1980 or so I had an old Radio Times binder with all my writings in it which I was carrying when I was involved in quite a large car accident. I was in the back, saw it coming but was helpless to do anything but brace myself. All survived intact eventually but I never saw that binder again. It was an unpleasant time for a while after, much of it spent just trying to remember and catch fragments of half-remembered lyrics and tunes..
 I've not thought about that for a long time...I'm going outside and may be some time... ;D

Mike not at all pretentious...but a sad bad deal in life :(

Cee Gee

« Reply #32 on: Sep 11, 2019, 08:02:13 AM »
Cassandra I hope that your sadness soon passes and the pain of it is not to great.

zoony

« Reply #33 on: Sep 11, 2019, 12:23:01 PM »
Ditto my friend..
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

Cassandra

« Reply #34 on: Sep 11, 2019, 06:42:48 PM »
Cassandra I hope that your sadness soon passes and the pain of it is not to great.
Ditto my friend..

Thank you both. I think I'm at the 'abapical' of disillusion just now. Yesterday would have been our wedding anniversary. Today with the shocking news of the Scots Nats controlling us by injunction and the litany of calumny from Starmer and co I am at the nadir of endeavour. Whats the point of persevering, for what purpose I wonder in this putrid pit of indecency and corruption, time to let go?

zoony

« Reply #35 on: Sep 11, 2019, 07:23:02 PM »
No. Better to change the habits of a life-time and put the putrescent politics and those that expound them behind you. Don 't watch TV news. Take your little dog to lunch, re-read Rumpole, write for pleasure, learn to play the Alpenhorn..Anything to drag yourself out of the horrible rut which is holding you so hurtfully..
  For a start, you can do some research into sea-level rises in the Caribbean. It might not be the time to be living near the beach! ;)  You know SWMBO would agree.

cowboy wisdom.

Scrumpy

« Reply #36 on: Sep 11, 2019, 07:33:10 PM »

Cassandra... Time to let go. ?

No,no.. You can’t leave your dog.. It would break its heart.. Pets don’t understand when we are ‘p*ssed’ off.. They just live for the sound of our voices and the feel of our touch.. Seeing us makes them happy..   No,no.. that would be selfish.. Anyway, you are lucky to see the seasons and hear the birds.. Sounds corny eh!.. But true..

Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

Ode Iron

« Reply #37 on: Sep 11, 2019, 07:58:02 PM »
Crikey..serious stuff!
Often i feel "why carry on"..but not because of those Bandits in Parliament and their selfish dirty tricks. I still haven't grasped how to enjoy life to the full...probably never will.
Finances often present problems with me..yes money cannot give happiness..but does provide choice..and those chioces( for me anyway) would prevent much less worry and misery. Loss is different and can be extremley hard and difficult.
We are seriously thinking about another Golden Labrador..but both of us know ALL the responsibilities that go with having a pet. I still play guitar now and then,miss my Son and his drumkit to spar with.
Mason Williams..he was a favourite guitarist of mine-listen to Classical Gas on YT..amazing.
Masks are muzzles

zoony

« Reply #38 on: Sep 11, 2019, 08:17:45 PM »
Fully agree, Ode. A favourite since the first time I heard it. Along with:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6Zoezcq1RA

cowboy wisdom.

Cee Gee

« Reply #39 on: Sep 11, 2019, 08:35:42 PM »

Cassandra please follow the advice from Zoony, empty your head of all forms of politics both local and national and walk away from any involvement that is eating you up. I speak from experience, I tried to bring a local councillor to account for bad behaviour but I cannot discuss the matter other than the substance of the complaint was not investigated, instead with the help of false witness the assassinated my character and my complaints were dismissed. I was given a copy of the investigation including the so called witness statements. The lies and deceit about me caused me to have a sort of emotional breakdown that caused a lot of worry and stress to my wife. With the help of a religious person I have now walked away from the rubbish and live a better life for it.
Look to your loyal little dog and your mental health and  be happy my friend.

My best thoughts for your future happiness. Charlie.

Cassandra

« Reply #40 on: Sep 11, 2019, 08:41:29 PM »
Sorry everyone, I re-read what I’d written and when I’d ended

'I wonder in this putrid pit of indecency and corruption, time to let go?"

I didn’t envisage the next plan as, “where’s the Rope”?

I meant time to let go and "just drop debate or conjecture". Simply refrain from argument and let remainers continue with the Catachresis they are getting away with, seemingly unchallenged currently. I’ve always said on here that we would never get to leaving the wretched EU. I’m just stunned, even by my own cynical expectations by the way Remain has completely de-railed democracy in such an indiscreet and arrogant way. In this country all elections and previous Referenda results have been accepted. It’s called “losers consent” and is the very fabric of our civilisation, without it apathy reigns.

To prove I’m neither a one man band or maturing towards self-immolation I’ll reply on a thread of lighter tone where that ‘Rod Stewart’ of PF, code name Zoony is expounding on his love life. :)

Ode Iron

« Reply #41 on: Sep 11, 2019, 09:54:54 PM »
Some nice folk here..and sound advice too.
Proves that despite what is upsetting the populice..us as individuals must stick together..help and be kind to each other...but have a laugh also.
Because them buggers in Power ain't talking about us!
Love to all - ode ironx
Masks are muzzles

zoony

« Reply #42 on: Sep 11, 2019, 09:57:38 PM »
Sorry everyone, I re-read what I’d written and when I’d ended

'I wonder in this putrid pit of indecency and corruption, time to let go?"

I didn’t envisage the next plan as, “where’s the Rope”?

I meant time to let go and "just drop debate or conjecture". Simply refrain from argument and let remainers continue with the Catachresis they are getting away with, seemingly unchallenged currently. I’ve always said on here that we would never get to leaving the wretched EU. I’m just stunned, even by my own cynical expectations by the way Remain has completely de-railed democracy in such an indiscreet and arrogant way. In this country all elections and previous Referenda results have been accepted. It’s called “losers consent” and is the very fabric of our civilisation, without it apathy reigns.

To prove I’m neither a one man band or maturing towards self-immolation I’ll reply on a thread of lighter tone where that ‘Rod Stewart’ of PF, code name Zoony is expounding on his love life. :)

Well thank God for that! I already spoke to the Samaritans and they're trying to trace your ip address as we speak! {I jest but bear it in mind for the future my oh-so-learned friend.. ;) ...}

cowboy wisdom.

Ode Iron

« Reply #43 on: Sep 11, 2019, 09:59:46 PM »
Thanks for the link Zoony..watching it..nice bit of banjo indeed!
Masks are muzzles

Cassandra

« Reply #44 on: Sep 12, 2019, 03:41:14 AM »
Thanks for the link Zoony..watching it..nice bit of banjo indeed!

My father played the Banjo, violin and viola, all really quite well. As a child I loved the solo bit in the middle from Formby's rendition of 'Standing at a Lampost'. Still gives me a frisson now, when I hear it?