Author Topic: 'I'll do the talking'..  (Read 838 times)

Sheila

Re: 'I'll do the talking'..
« Reply #15 on: Aug 05, 2019, 12:16:55 PM »
xetog, I seem to remember saying to you the other day that you could also ask one of your children for help.  Would you listen - no.  I have one like you at home.

If I try to stop him from doing something stupid, he is more determined to do it.  My theory is that it is something to do with 25 years in the military "Never show emotion, never show fear". 

Or is is just that men think they know better?

I hope you feel better soon - and stop doing daft things. 

mick607

« Reply #16 on: Aug 05, 2019, 03:46:09 PM »
I DON'T BELIEVE IT!!!!!

Mike.X
My wife often asks if I am Michael or Victor today, I wonder why !

xetog

« Reply #17 on: Aug 05, 2019, 06:04:36 PM »

Sheila. I have come to that point in life where I take instructions, not give them.  It is a very hard thing to admit and whether I have learned my lesson or not I cannot say.  I think I may have because this one incident is going to wreak havoc with my life over the next few months.  I think men used to be trained for the role and I have certainly worked hard to bring my gaggle up correctly, but although I still have the duty to protect and provide for my wife, our kids have not only long flown the nest.  Unfortunately nature/nurture never prepared me for this and I find I am unprepared for it.

Mike.X
If you want to control peoples thoughts, first control their words.

Sheila

« Reply #18 on: Aug 06, 2019, 07:24:11 AM »
Mike, it's going to be a difficult few months but you'll come out the other side - with help.  Moving house when you're not well will be hard but you have a good family.

I've had two years of ill health and have had to give up some things that I enjoy but I am recovering and am ok now.  Getting older is not for wimps! x

GrannyMac

« Reply #19 on: Aug 06, 2019, 08:09:16 AM »
I suppose she took the step ladder away because it was in her way.

😂😉 made me chuckle.

Seriously, I hope you feel better soon Mike.
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais