Author Topic: I wonder if Hugh is OK?  (Read 1304 times)

Hugh

Re: I wonder if Hugh is OK?
« Reply #30 on: Aug 13, 2019, 10:43:12 AM »
When a person can write a good convincing letter it quite often gets believed. This produces restrictions on forums.

Macca

« Reply #31 on: Aug 14, 2019, 08:03:53 PM »
I am never disrespectful to other people on forums - EXCEPT when they initiate the insults. Example: I was called a racist just because I want border control. Calling me a racist is in fact a very serious matter, always the leftie progressives who dish out the insults. So I up the ante and they usually explode with rage.
I can not abide leftie progressives who self evidently are as thick as planks.
"Don't argue with an idiot, he will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience" - Mark Twain

Bee

« Reply #32 on: Aug 14, 2019, 08:28:43 PM »
I am never disrespectful to other people on forums - EXCEPT when they initiate the insults. Example: I was called a racist just because I want border control. Calling me a racist is in fact a very serious matter, always the leftie progressives who dish out the insults. So I up the ante and they usually explode with rage.
I can not abide leftie progressives who self evidently are as thick as planks.

I am a leftie as you like to call us, whether I am a progessive or not I couldn't say.....I don't insult people and I am certainly not thick as a plank, that is an insult in itself.

When I first joined this forum I took some stick, also mickey taking and twisting things all because I was stupid enough to disclose certain things about my family from the present day and going back to my grandmother......and they certainly weren't lefties that did that. >:( >:(
I abhor ignorance.

zoony

« Reply #33 on: Aug 14, 2019, 08:42:24 PM »
Bee. That wasn't stupid it was something you thought constructive to share. What was stupid were some of the responses. Something I thought at the time.
" There ain't no Devil, it's jus' God when he's drunk.."

Tom Waites

Macca

« Reply #34 on: Aug 14, 2019, 08:51:41 PM »
Thats why i did not say leftie. I said leftie-progressives. All leftie-progressives are as thick as planks. Thats not an insult thats a fact.
"Don't argue with an idiot, he will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience" - Mark Twain

Bee

« Reply #35 on: Aug 14, 2019, 08:58:14 PM »
Bee. That wasn't stupid it was something you thought constructive to share. What was stupid were some of the responses. Something I thought at the time.

Thanks for that zoony, good of you to say so.
I abhor ignorance.

Bee

« Reply #36 on: Aug 14, 2019, 09:05:42 PM »
Thats why i did not say leftie. I said leftie-progressives. All leftie-progressives are as thick as planks. Thats not an insult thats a fact.

If you say so but not from what I have read............lets face it there are good and bad in all political beliefs and I certainly wouldn't insult people for what they believe in, I may not like it but would never insult the way in which you have done.
I abhor ignorance.

Macca

« Reply #37 on: Aug 14, 2019, 09:17:25 PM »

If you say so but not from what I have read............lets face it there are good and bad in all political beliefs and I certainly wouldn't insult people for what they believe in, I may not like it but would never insult the way in which you have done.
[/quote
They are duplicitous and unprincipled and ply their ideology above any rational discourse. Example: They love all Brown-skinned people.... because they are brown-skinned. I don't care what colour skin a person has if they are dishonourable and evil, of character ... their skin colour is not relevant.

Macca

« Reply #38 on: Aug 14, 2019, 09:24:44 PM »

[/quote
They are duplicitous and unprincipled and ply their ideology above any rational discourse. Example: They love all Brown-skinned people.... because they are brown-skinned. I don't care what colour skin a person has if they are dishonourable and evil, of character ... their skin colour is not relevant.

I respect the left-wing person. I do not respect leftie progressives, a radical aspect of the political left. They have no principled stance and are duplicitous in their thought and discourse. Example: Hitler was a Vegetarian - I am a vegetarian, therefore, I must be a Nazi. This is the leftie lib/pro mindset. They are the type who feel triggered when you call illegal immigrants "illegal" instead of "Undocumented".

Bee

« Reply #39 on: Aug 14, 2019, 10:45:07 PM »
I respect the left-wing person. I do not respect leftie progressives, a radical aspect of the political left. They have no principled stance and are duplicitous in their thought and discourse. Example: Hitler was a Vegetarian - I am a vegetarian, therefore, I must be a Nazi. This is the leftie lib/pro mindset. They are the type who feel triggered when you call illegal immigrants "illegal" instead of "Undocumented".

Macca I am not going to keep arguing with you, it is getting boring now so we will have to agree to disagree.
I abhor ignorance.

GrannyMac

« Reply #40 on: Aug 15, 2019, 06:59:46 AM »

Macca I am not going to keep arguing with you, it is getting boring now so we will have to agree to disagree.

Bee, I'm a great believer in walking away.  Better to leave an argument than feel pushed out of the forum!  You and I don't always hold the same views, but so what.   

This thread was started because a regular poster had gone missing, I'd hate to see another of us disappear.  😊
No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.

Aesop

Bee

« Reply #41 on: Aug 15, 2019, 07:08:17 AM »
Bee, I'm a great believer in walking away.  Better to leave an argument than feel pushed out of the forum!  You and I don't always hold the same views, but so what.   

This thread was started because a regular poster had gone missing, I'd hate to see another of us disappear.  😊

Thankyou for your comments GrannyMac, much appreciated.........I won't be disappearing any time soon ;D  ............I am only sorry that the thread was taken off track although I do realise it often happens.
I abhor ignorance.

Macca

« Reply #42 on: Aug 15, 2019, 07:28:10 AM »

How bizarre. I simply defined the meaning of a political label. I am shocked that people supposedly of the "senior generation" feel triggered. Perhaps if i agree all the  time throwing in the occasional.. Well done old bean.. I will proceed with gentle backslapping.

Hugh

« Reply #43 on: Aug 15, 2019, 07:41:18 AM »
Give it a break Macca, I can see you love a good argument but some members do not. You could drive members away which I would hate to see. So please be more democratic if you feel its up setting some one. Hugh 

Hugh

« Reply #44 on: Aug 15, 2019, 07:47:00 AM »
Thread going off track Bee, they all go off track so don't be sorry about it. Although it some time quite difficult to catch up with the discussion.