Author Topic: I wonder if Hugh is OK?  (Read 651 times)

Hugh

Re: I wonder if Hugh is OK?
« Reply #30 on: Aug 13, 2019, 10:43:12 AM »
When a person can write a good convincing letter it quite often gets believed. This produces restrictions on forums.

Macca

« Reply #31 on: Aug 14, 2019, 08:03:53 PM »
I am never disrespectful to other people on forums - EXCEPT when they initiate the insults. Example: I was called a racist just because I want border control. Calling me a racist is in fact a very serious matter, always the leftie progressives who dish out the insults. So I up the ante and they usually explode with rage.
I can not abide leftie progressives who self evidently are as thick as planks.
“Don't worry about offending people. When you write something thought-provoking, some will complain, because they hate it when you make them think"

Bee

« Reply #32 on: Aug 14, 2019, 08:28:43 PM »
I am never disrespectful to other people on forums - EXCEPT when they initiate the insults. Example: I was called a racist just because I want border control. Calling me a racist is in fact a very serious matter, always the leftie progressives who dish out the insults. So I up the ante and they usually explode with rage.
I can not abide leftie progressives who self evidently are as thick as planks.

I am a leftie as you like to call us, whether I am a progessive or not I couldn't say.....I don't insult people and I am certainly not thick as a plank, that is an insult in itself.

When I first joined this forum I took some stick, also mickey taking and twisting things all because I was stupid enough to disclose certain things about my family from the present day and going back to my grandmother......and they certainly weren't lefties that did that. >:( >:(
I abhor ignorance.

zoony

« Reply #33 on: Aug 14, 2019, 08:42:24 PM »
Bee. That wasn't stupid it was something you thought constructive to share. What was stupid were some of the responses. Something I thought at the time.
The only people who profit from prohibition are gangsters and undertakers..

Macca

« Reply #34 on: Aug 14, 2019, 08:51:41 PM »
Thats why i did not say leftie. I said leftie-progressives. All leftie-progressives are as thick as planks. Thats not an insult thats a fact.
“Don't worry about offending people. When you write something thought-provoking, some will complain, because they hate it when you make them think"

Bee

« Reply #35 on: Aug 14, 2019, 08:58:14 PM »
Bee. That wasn't stupid it was something you thought constructive to share. What was stupid were some of the responses. Something I thought at the time.

Thanks for that zoony, good of you to say so.
I abhor ignorance.

Bee

« Reply #36 on: Aug 14, 2019, 09:05:42 PM »
Thats why i did not say leftie. I said leftie-progressives. All leftie-progressives are as thick as planks. Thats not an insult thats a fact.

If you say so but not from what I have read............lets face it there are good and bad in all political beliefs and I certainly wouldn't insult people for what they believe in, I may not like it but would never insult the way in which you have done.
I abhor ignorance.

Macca

« Reply #37 on: Aug 14, 2019, 09:17:25 PM »

If you say so but not from what I have read............lets face it there are good and bad in all political beliefs and I certainly wouldn't insult people for what they believe in, I may not like it but would never insult the way in which you have done.
[/quote
They are duplicitous and unprincipled and ply their ideology above any rational discourse. Example: They love all Brown-skinned people.... because they are brown-skinned. I don't care what colour skin a person has if they are dishonourable and evil, of character ... their skin colour is not relevant.

Macca

« Reply #38 on: Aug 14, 2019, 09:24:44 PM »

[/quote
They are duplicitous and unprincipled and ply their ideology above any rational discourse. Example: They love all Brown-skinned people.... because they are brown-skinned. I don't care what colour skin a person has if they are dishonourable and evil, of character ... their skin colour is not relevant.

I respect the left-wing person. I do not respect leftie progressives, a radical aspect of the political left. They have no principled stance and are duplicitous in their thought and discourse. Example: Hitler was a Vegetarian - I am a vegetarian, therefore, I must be a Nazi. This is the leftie lib/pro mindset. They are the type who feel triggered when you call illegal immigrants "illegal" instead of "Undocumented".

Bee

« Reply #39 on: Aug 14, 2019, 10:45:07 PM »
I respect the left-wing person. I do not respect leftie progressives, a radical aspect of the political left. They have no principled stance and are duplicitous in their thought and discourse. Example: Hitler was a Vegetarian - I am a vegetarian, therefore, I must be a Nazi. This is the leftie lib/pro mindset. They are the type who feel triggered when you call illegal immigrants "illegal" instead of "Undocumented".

Macca I am not going to keep arguing with you, it is getting boring now so we will have to agree to disagree.
I abhor ignorance.

GrannyMac

« Reply #40 on: Aug 15, 2019, 06:59:46 AM »

Macca I am not going to keep arguing with you, it is getting boring now so we will have to agree to disagree.

Bee, I'm a great believer in walking away.  Better to leave an argument than feel pushed out of the forum!  You and I don't always hold the same views, but so what.   

This thread was started because a regular poster had gone missing, I'd hate to see another of us disappear.  😊
No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.

Aesop

Bee

« Reply #41 on: Aug 15, 2019, 07:08:17 AM »
Bee, I'm a great believer in walking away.  Better to leave an argument than feel pushed out of the forum!  You and I don't always hold the same views, but so what.   

This thread was started because a regular poster had gone missing, I'd hate to see another of us disappear.  😊

Thankyou for your comments GrannyMac, much appreciated.........I won't be disappearing any time soon ;D  ............I am only sorry that the thread was taken off track although I do realise it often happens.
I abhor ignorance.

Macca

« Reply #42 on: Aug 15, 2019, 07:28:10 AM »

How bizarre. I simply defined the meaning of a political label. I am shocked that people supposedly of the "senior generation" feel triggered. Perhaps if i agree all the  time throwing in the occasional.. Well done old bean.. I will proceed with gentle backslapping.

Hugh

« Reply #43 on: Aug 15, 2019, 07:41:18 AM »
Give it a break Macca, I can see you love a good argument but some members do not. You could drive members away which I would hate to see. So please be more democratic if you feel its up setting some one. Hugh 

Hugh

« Reply #44 on: Aug 15, 2019, 07:47:00 AM »
Thread going off track Bee, they all go off track so don't be sorry about it. Although it some time quite difficult to catch up with the discussion.