Author Topic: Films  (Read 40646 times)

Hugh

Films
« on: Aug 11, 2019, 06:01:56 PM »
Am I on my own really enjoying films made for a much younger generation. Alita one of my latest blu-ray discs which is full of action and special effects. Made by the same produce of Avatar. Captain Marvel, Aquaman and Bumblebee all apart of my film collection. Special effect like we have in these films wasn't possible a few years back, but now UK a world leader.

GrannyMac

Re: Films
« Reply #1 on: Aug 11, 2019, 06:15:26 PM »
I have to admit not seeing any of those.   :-[
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

mick607

« Reply #2 on: Aug 11, 2019, 06:23:04 PM »
Am I on my own really enjoying films made for a much younger generation. Alita one of my latest blu-ray discs which is full of action and special effects. Made by the same produce of Avatar. Captain Marvel, Aquaman and Bumblebee all apart of my film collection. Special effect like we have in these films wasn't possible a few years back, but now UK a world leader.
If you watch Blurays Hugh & if you have a CEX retail store nearby then second hand BR discs for 50p upwards, never had a bad one yet & they do online if you have no store nearby.Go & grab a bargain or two.

zoony

« Reply #3 on: Aug 11, 2019, 07:05:50 PM »
  I watched 'Alita' a couple of weeks ago Hugh and I agree, very enjoyable and I'm very much a fan of the genre plus tv series' like 'Peggy Carter' and the ever-weird 'Preacher'. The humour and inventiveness in the scripts are always good to excellent. Films such as 'Ant Man' and the 'Iron Man' trilogy..
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

Hugh

« Reply #4 on: Aug 11, 2019, 07:46:29 PM »
I am waiting for the release of "Avengers End Game" Zooney iron man will be in it. The films made hell of a lot of money at the box office. Sure to be a follow up film of Alita the way it ended was a give away.

zoony

« Reply #5 on: Aug 11, 2019, 08:31:42 PM »
That goes without saying these days. 'S okay by me..

cowboy wisdom.

Hugh

« Reply #6 on: Aug 12, 2019, 09:19:19 AM »
Follow up films in the past used to be very poor but now they must be even better than the first. Which quite hard to do in some cases.

Hugh

« Reply #7 on: Nov 12, 2019, 01:06:17 PM »
The Avenger End Game film saw the last of many of the Avengers killing off many, including Iron Man. Certainly took the Avenger films out with a bang. The latest Spider man film SPIDER-MAN far from home, was very good one of the best. With a big surprise at the end. Now looking forward to the release of the SCARE CROW which will be out early next year I expect.
Do not have any of those stores near me Mick 607 and I am far to impatient to wait for a Blue-ray to come down in price.

Alex22

« Reply #8 on: Nov 12, 2019, 03:27:05 PM »
Boys never grow up, perhaps that's why you all enjoy this type of film  ? 8) ? 8) ?

zoony

« Reply #9 on: Nov 12, 2019, 03:36:11 PM »
  Quite possibly Alex. I like to watch things that make me smile. So much of the stuff made today revolves around tragedy, real or invented and there's enough of that around already..

cowboy wisdom.

Hugh

« Reply #10 on: Nov 12, 2019, 03:59:46 PM »
These types of films are nothing like real life, and have great creative special effects which makes them very interesting to us boys. Films based on tragedy do not interest me I have seen to much of that in my life.

USA use to lead the world in film making but not any more. Special effects in films UK leads the world and we are very good at it.

Now the ladies have had a go at us boys, how about telling us the films you enjoy  :) :) :) :) :)

mick607

« Reply #11 on: Nov 12, 2019, 08:03:20 PM »
The Avenger End Game film saw the last of many of the Avengers killing off many, including Iron Man. Certainly took the Avenger films out with a bang. The latest Spider man film SPIDER-MAN far from home, was very good one of the best. With a big surprise at the end. Now looking forward to the release of the SCARE CROW which will be out early next year I expect.
Do not have any of those stores near me Mick 607 and I am far to impatient to wait for a Blue-ray to come down in price.
CEX also do mail order, which I have used a few times. 1st class Royal Mail delivery also very quick too.£1.50 post & packaging.https://uk.webuy.com/product-detail?id=8717418549558&categoryName=blu-ray-movies&superCatName=film-tv&title=avengers-endgame-%2812%29-2019-3d%2Bbr

Hugh

« Reply #12 on: Nov 13, 2019, 11:14:54 AM »
I have Amazon Prime Mick, so I get next day delivery free Mick. Very good service, and I get an email when its delivered, so if it does get posted through the wrong door I will know straight the way. Blue-Rays cost £15 which is pretty much the same price as Tesco for new releases. Before Yvonne past away I use to wait several months and wait for the price to drop. Now I am on my own, home entertainment very important to me.
Had a look at Lex and the prices are certainly very good, and I would use it if I did not have Prime.

zoony

« Reply #13 on: Nov 22, 2019, 11:22:43 PM »
I watched Captain Marvel earlier Hugh. (Stan Lee's last I think..) If you've seen it I'd be interested in your view of 're-younging' famous actors like Sam.L Jackson? Even with the right voice it was rather odd...Somewhat creepy, in fact, and I found myself distracted by it..

cowboy wisdom.

Hugh

« Reply #14 on: Nov 23, 2019, 08:07:45 AM »
I have seen L Jackson in a number of films Zoony and I found him quite entertaining. He appears in "Spiderman Far from Home" and the way the film finished he will take part in future Spiderman films.
Captain Marvel I believe they found the right person to cover that part she was very good.