Author Topic: Films  (Read 40645 times)

zoony

Re: Films
« Reply #15 on: Nov 23, 2019, 08:56:01 PM »
  If you enjoy Star Wars stuff there's a new series called 'The Mandalorian' Which is set in George Lucas's universe. Has a very Western feel to it. Very enjoyable so far..
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

Hugh

« Reply #16 on: Nov 24, 2019, 05:05:57 AM »
When and where it is on Zoony.  ??? ???

zoony

« Reply #17 on: Nov 24, 2019, 02:12:35 PM »
Unfortunately it's on Disney which I didn't know when I downloaded it, so I'll be getting a legal e-mail ticking me off..Forgot to use my VPN....You may have to wait a little while..

cowboy wisdom.

Hugh

« Reply #18 on: Nov 24, 2019, 05:26:55 PM »
It will be on sky before long Zoony so I will just have to keep my eyes open for it.

Hugh

« Reply #19 on: Mar 14, 2020, 09:48:58 AM »
Alita battle angel was a film I really enjoyed, and was looking forward to a follow up which unfortunately not being made for 7 or 8 years. James Camerons far to busy with follow up sequels to AVATAR which made a fortune at the box office. Avatar 2 released later this year and 3 and 4 over the next few years or so.

Disney are having their own film channel which starts on the 24th of this month Zooney

zoony

« Reply #20 on: Mar 14, 2020, 11:54:50 AM »
Have to say that I don't watch much Disney stuff Hugh. Much prefer Pixar or Aardman.. Very little in the way of quality films at this time of year but an awful lot of dross.

cowboy wisdom.

Hugh

« Reply #21 on: Mar 14, 2020, 12:53:35 PM »
Pixar a part of the Disney channel when it starts on 23rd March Zoony.

Maddie Malone

« Reply #22 on: Mar 14, 2020, 01:15:46 PM »
It’s not films but I’ve watched something called Taken .
It’s a series about people being abducted by aliens.
Another one is  project blue book .  Watched series 1 and series  2 just started this week .

zoony

« Reply #23 on: Mar 14, 2020, 01:22:22 PM »
Pixar a part of the Disney channel when it starts on 23rd March Zoony.

Sad to hear that. I dislike Disney. Bunch of bullies..

cowboy wisdom.

Hugh

« Reply #24 on: Mar 14, 2020, 02:00:42 PM »
I have watched Taken a while back MM quite good.

West Worlds a very good series with a good write up, but I just couldn't get into it.

I am pleased I enjoy films made for younger generation which earn most money at the box office. Not enjoyed by the older generation and classed as trash, but I really enjoyed them. Captain Marvel for one.

stellamaris

« Reply #25 on: Mar 14, 2020, 06:06:00 PM »
Like Granny Mac, I haven't seen any of them.  It's actually the overload of obvious special effects that puts me off.  The last time I loved special effects was The Terminator 2. ;D   I spend far too much time picking out adverts which are done in front of the green screen, or whatever it is called.  Talking about depressive films, yesterday I watched what was probably a 4th or 5th version of The Bunker, about the last days of Adolph Hitler.   And I will probably watch any of them again. Compulsive ::)

I do like a good cartoon though.

Keep on chooglin' - John Fogerty
Pronouns: She/Her/Beautiful/Wondrous one/Dearest Heart

zoony

« Reply #26 on: Mar 14, 2020, 06:55:35 PM »
I'm with you Hugh..Though many are dross there are well-thought out ones, well written, directed and well produced. These are usually the ones that attract the better actors as well. I watch a lot of US tv and dislike a lot of it but I don't watch what I don't enjoy and I have reasonably catholic tastes. What I do makes me illegal so grease yer holster if'n yure thinkin' o' callin' me out hoss... ;D

cowboy wisdom.

Ode Iron

« Reply #27 on: Mar 14, 2020, 07:00:30 PM »
Not seen 1917 yet...i seem to be stuck in a time warp.
Watched a late 40's film recently with a very young Dickie Henderson!!
I did like Benjamin and Brenner in the original Westworld.
I was an ABC minor in the 60s and never grew out of that..still got me badge!
Masks are muzzles

zoony

« Reply #28 on: Mar 14, 2020, 07:05:33 PM »
Like Granny Mac, I haven't seen any of them.  It's actually the overload of obvious special effects that puts me off.  The last time I loved special effects was The Terminator 2. ;D   I spend far too much time picking out adverts which are done in front of the green screen, or whatever it is called.  Talking about depressive films, yesterday I watched what was probably a 4th or 5th version of The Bunker, about the last days of Adolph Hitler.   And I will probably watch any of them again. Compulsive ::)

I do like a good cartoon though.

Spud..I find that the films/tv stuff that use too much CGSE are the ones made for the younger audiences..Not too much of it in the things I watch such as Blacklist or Billions..I download stuff each day ready for the evening. If I like it, I watch. If I don't it's binned. But then, I don't have a life.. ;)

cowboy wisdom.

Hugh

« Reply #29 on: Mar 14, 2020, 08:01:41 PM »
1917 I understand is a well made film but the chances are I will never watch it. I just don't want to see the horrors of war. I just want to sit and get away from real life and its horrors. Captain Marvel a well made film with a good story line and quite enjoyably funny in places. I just wonder how many forum members have seen this film or want to see it for that matter.