Author Topic: Poirot - Hickory, Dickory, Dock  (Read 1067 times)

Michael Rolls

Poirot - Hickory, Dickory, Dock
« on: Aug 11, 2019, 11:15:54 PM »
Did anybody else watch this? How on EARTH did they do those sequences featuring the mouse?
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

zoony

Re: Poirot - Hickory, Dickory, Dock
« Reply #1 on: Aug 12, 2019, 12:06:35 AM »
No idea what you're talking about but it was probably a wireless mouse..
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #2 on: Aug 12, 2019, 04:50:09 AM »
You obviously haven’t seen the episode
Mike

zoony

« Reply #3 on: Aug 12, 2019, 11:54:11 AM »
No...It was a joke.

cowboy wisdom.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #4 on: Aug 12, 2019, 12:02:15 PM »
Whoops - now where did I leave my sense of humour cap?
Mike  :-[   ;D ;D ;D

Cassandra

« Reply #5 on: Aug 12, 2019, 02:29:15 PM »
I really enjoy David Suchet's Poirot and have all the episodes. Sadly I've watched them so many times that even with my declining state I remember huge chunks of the script from memory! It's the beautiful settings and magnificent attention to detail that I find as attractive as the stories.

In a case I once took a side of, a husband and wife Animal training partnership were divorcing and each claimed different parts of their common business. The other side was handled by a late close friend from our chambers. It was really a trial over who got exclusive rights to say Horses, against those pertaining to Dogs. They were big in both the European and the UK film industries.

It is a particularly fond memory, as they never quarreled over anything and treated each other with great kindness and respect throughout the proceedings. I always recall him comforting her tears during a spell in the witness box over a favourite Dog she'd trained. They really wanted an independent judgement. Following two days, the Judge took all parties to Chamber and with great empathy advised they met with Council in a neutral setting and agreed out of court, with council agreeing division etc.

We achieved this position over a weekend in the Cotswolds, during which we viewed dozens of videos detailing animal training, including Mice. The husband was a brilliant cameraman and they were paid to reproduce such works as the scenes for 'Hickory Dickory Dock' (but not specifically) and were paid a 'fixed' fee. In some cases it could work first take, others a whole weekend for just 30 seconds or so. Part of their genius was the partnership. I heard it never worked well for either as a business following partition and so happily after a few years apart they resurrected the company and their marriage both successfully.

I firmly recall that everything was achieved by kindness and favour. The lady had an unbelievable charisma with any creature. My own little dog really loved her and after a few meetings was performing 'roll overs' etc. to order.
My Little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

Michael Rolls

« Reply #6 on: Aug 12, 2019, 05:24:34 PM »
What a lovely tale. So glad they got back together - they seemed to deserve each other in the nicest possible way that that phrase can be interpreted.
Mike

Scrumpy

« Reply #7 on: Aug 12, 2019, 05:58:14 PM »
Interesting story Cassandra.
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

Cassandra

« Reply #8 on: Aug 12, 2019, 06:24:41 PM »
Thank you both, there are some cases that ended well, the majority rarely did I found. I was so pleased to hear from my friend and learned partner of their reunion. They were both sensitive souls and the lady particularly emotionally intellectual. I forgot to mention (the whole point of the original post, sorry) that when I first went to visit their home and adjacent animal training / shoot facility I met a certain wire haired fox terrier called 'Scrubby' I think he was called? Anyway this accomplished canine actor was the wonderful "M'sieur Bob" in another Poirot Episode entitled "Dumb Witness". This adorable creature stole David Suchet's heart during filming and he followed the actor everywhere apparently. Never a pest, just following quietly, sitting and looking up at him, head on one side, living his part in fact. A natural friendship was born by these two unlikely thespians. Hence the perceptible electricity that exists between them on screen.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #9 on: Aug 12, 2019, 10:33:32 PM »

How lovely!
Mike

zoony

« Reply #10 on: Aug 12, 2019, 10:56:22 PM »
A lovely actor, always supressing the urge to express himself for the sake of the characterisation. And I quite like David Suchet too.

cowboy wisdom.

Cassandra

« Reply #11 on: Aug 13, 2019, 12:57:23 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D