Author Topic: Pensions.  (Read 578 times)

Ashy

Re: Pensions.
« Reply #15 on: Aug 16, 2019, 11:30:09 AM »
Talking about trees, the wind blew a birds nest out of one of my trees the other day. Made a proper mess.

StephenM123

« Reply #16 on: Aug 16, 2019, 05:28:22 PM »
according to our family tree one of my ancestors was born in Edinburgh in 1680. He died in Cardiff in 1765. A long life for the time.

You have got a good set of genes then! Mine are Levi's! 😁

Scrumpy

« Reply #17 on: Aug 16, 2019, 05:34:14 PM »

Talking about wind.....
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

StephenM123

« Reply #18 on: Aug 16, 2019, 05:45:26 PM »

Talking about wind.....

Lincolnshire sprouts are bad for that!

Scrumpy

« Reply #19 on: Aug 16, 2019, 06:14:25 PM »
Talking of sprouts..
Don’t forget to put the Christmas ones on to boil tomorrow .
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

Alex22

« Reply #20 on: Aug 16, 2019, 11:24:40 PM »
Tesco will be selling battered sprouts this Christmas  :) and there could be a shortage because of all the heavy rain, though if there is, no doubt be blamed on Brexit

Sheila

« Reply #21 on: Aug 17, 2019, 07:54:22 AM »
Talking of doors, my wife and I were discussing a new door for the toilet. She said a panel door would look nice, but I thought a flush door would be more appropriate.

Many years ago we went to Turkey for our honeymoon.  The en suite had a glass door so, in theory, you could sit on the loo and wave to your partner.  We both got food poisoning!  Romance was temporarily suspended.

Actually this is a bit of a recurring theme because a few years ago we went to The Radisson in India.  The en suite there had a huge curved glass wall.  Luckily there was a curtain that could be pulled round so we did!

Scrumpy

« Reply #22 on: Aug 17, 2019, 09:51:56 AM »
Tesco will be selling battered sprouts this Christmas  :) and there could be a shortage because of all the heavy rain, though if there is, no doubt be blamed on Brexit

Best get our sprouts now then.. The turkey will be fine though because we breed them..
Not too sure about the sage and onion stuffing .. France might block the onion .. I already have a jar of cranberry..
.. and as for the cracker !!  Available from any country not just France and Germany.

sparky

« Reply #23 on: Aug 17, 2019, 09:56:44 AM »

The turkey will be fine though because we breed them..

Right that's forum members Christmas dinner sorted then,  ;D ;D ;D

Alex22

« Reply #24 on: Aug 17, 2019, 12:15:20 PM »
Many years ago we went to Turkey for our honeymoon.  The en suite had a glass door so, in theory, you could sit on the loo and wave to your partner.  We both got food poisoning!  Romance was temporarily suspended.

This happened to me only last year Sheila.   I went with an old female friend for a city break, we were always close friends - but not that close  ;D Reception changed the room for us.   I wonder why so many hotels are now having glass partitions instead of proper doors ?  space I suppose  8)

Ashy

« Reply #25 on: Aug 17, 2019, 01:06:13 PM »
I don't know what it has got to do with pensions, nothing probably, but recently I was sitting in a train in a seat by the toilet which had one of those new curved power doors. A lady went in and I assume she couldn't work out how to lock it. After a short time a man came along and before I could say anything he had pressed the open button. Luckily he saw the funny side.