Author Topic: Joan Bakewell,Polly Toynbee,Will Self and the BBC  (Read 267 times)

digitalis

Joan Bakewell,Polly Toynbee,Will Self and the BBC
« on: Aug 18, 2019, 10:04:02 AM »

Listened to R4 this morning. Will Self at 08.50. JB at 9am. With no offence meant,whats with the BBC trotting out the old biddy JB...again! She's old(e) totty. Aint she got enough loot! Cant the BBC look-c for some other commentator,prophet. Why not have aJoe Soap voice their opinion? Let them take 300 for 40 mins work. What wrong with Brenda from Bristol,the Rotheram (Gordon-Brown) Lady,some other local. Lets spread the dosh a little. The above tosh seem to have enough lolly and land and housing to take a gap year(or ten!). Let someone else put their hand into our wallet.

I'm getting a bit tired of the same-old same-old selling their books and appearances. They offer nothing new,and charge high wages. Let the black council house boy have a say,or someone from the slammer,some victim of crime. Anyone but our well-paid,over-paid, London crowd. Let me be open(and as such above regularly espouse),why not have on some Anglophiles or others from abroad commentating. They'd cost us less dosh. And the above couldn't criticize cos they want open borders.

Why is the BBC the last most closed Trades Union? Downsize,outsource,compete,abolish,I'm thinking

Scrumpy

Re: Joan Bakewell,Polly Toynbee,Will Self and the BBC
« Reply #1 on: Aug 18, 2019, 11:02:08 AM »

Too true..
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

Diasi

« Reply #2 on: Aug 18, 2019, 11:46:54 AM »
Listened to R4 this morning. Will Self at 08.50. JB at 9am. With no offence meant,whats with the BBC trotting out the old biddy JB...again! She's old(e) totty. Aint she got enough loot! Cant the BBC look-c for some other commentator,prophet. Why not have aJoe Soap voice their opinion? Let them take 300 for 40 mins work. What wrong with Brenda from Bristol,the Rotheram (Gordon-Brown) Lady,some other local. Lets spread the dosh a little. The above tosh seem to have enough lolly and land and housing to take a gap year(or ten!). Let someone else put their hand into our wallet.

I'm getting a bit tired of the same-old same-old selling their books and appearances. They offer nothing new,and charge high wages. Let the black council house boy have a say,or someone from the slammer,some victim of crime. Anyone but our well-paid,over-paid, London crowd. Let me be open(and as such above regularly espouse),why not have on some Anglophiles or others from abroad commentating. They'd cost us less dosh. And the above couldn't criticize cos they want open borders.

Why is the BBC the last most closed Trades Union? Downsize,outsource,compete,abolish,I'm thinking

You must be crackers, do you really want people from real life telling it as it is?

The truth would cause chaos.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

Bobcat

« Reply #3 on: Aug 18, 2019, 11:49:31 AM »
Sorry but I like R4, leave it as it is, I'm not interested in the opinion of Joe Soap. If you don't like R4 tune into one of the hundreds of other channels that are now available, you will be able to find one that suits your taste.

Macca

« Reply #4 on: Aug 18, 2019, 08:49:23 PM »
You must be crackers, do you really want people from real life telling it as it is?

The truth would cause chaos.

True. I have never heard such a load of crap as perpetuated by the BBC R4. An absolute conduit for theme spin.
"Don't argue with an idiot, he will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience" - Mark Twain

crabbyob

« Reply #5 on: Aug 19, 2019, 09:34:27 AM »
and their football results are crap
whats with this Scotland 0
or Hamilton Accies 0
or Doncaster Rovers 0
they lie about everything else, why not spread a little sunshine on the downtrodden
P.S. how many BBC radios are there, about thirty years ago i progressed from one to two
at what age might i travel further along the dial?
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”