Author Topic: Recipe question.  (Read 464 times)

Scrumpy

Recipe question.
« on: Aug 21, 2019, 05:55:48 PM »

Can anyone on the forum help please.?

What is the best and where would I buy readymade sticky sauce to coat chicken wings or spare ribs.?

Or perhaps there is another sauce that can be recommended.
I am not up on this as I have never done this before..

Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

Sheila

Re: Recipe question.
« Reply #1 on: Aug 21, 2019, 05:57:55 PM »
??Hoisin Sauce??

Scrumpy

« Reply #2 on: Aug 21, 2019, 06:24:09 PM »

Sheila.. Thank you sweetheart. I will be roasting the chicken wings.. Have you tried Hoisin sauce and is it sticky.?
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

Sheila

« Reply #3 on: Aug 21, 2019, 06:45:56 PM »
It's a long time since I used it Scrumpy because OH doesn't like Chinese food very much.  I think perhaps Mr Google might be better than me!

Raven

« Reply #4 on: Aug 21, 2019, 07:27:12 PM »
Don't know if it's any good to you, but Tesco do a range of ready to use sauces for their stir fries. You get them in the fruit/veg dept. I use them for all sorts of things.

Traveller

« Reply #5 on: Aug 21, 2019, 07:45:24 PM »
I generally make all my sauces from scratch.  This rarely involves more than mixing a few ingredients together.  A lot of my recipes come from Cooks.com.  An American site that's got recipes for just about everything.
You'll have had your tea.

Scrumpy

« Reply #6 on: Aug 22, 2019, 08:29:02 AM »

Thank you.. I have never cooked this sort of food before and just wondered if anyone had any (easy) ideas..
I would prepare the sauces myself but after buying and using  the ingredients I find that I have no use for what is left. That is why I preferred a ready made sauce..
 I will look around the main stores and check out their sauces.

Alex22

« Reply #7 on: Aug 22, 2019, 11:34:51 AM »
I use Sweet Baby Ray's Original Barbecue Sauce   (not the Honey ) it's really nice.  Tesco and Sainsburys sell it, £2 in Tesco atm. 

Scrumpy

« Reply #8 on: Aug 23, 2019, 07:27:00 PM »
Thank you Alex but change of plan.. I’m going to do a roast dinner.  At least I know how to do it and won’t c*ck it up..

Alex22

« Reply #9 on: Aug 23, 2019, 08:01:32 PM »
It'll be hot in your kitchen then Scrumpy   ;D