Author Topic: One drey at a time..  (Read 412 times)

zoony

One drey at a time..
« on: Aug 22, 2019, 05:32:22 PM »
  I've mentioned before the huge evergreen that grows fairly close to my garden which has a good population of birds and squirrels living out their lives in it. Last year I noticed that it didn't look healthy which worried me slightly as it's big enough to crush my house should it fall. Well, it won't. Tree surgeons have spent the day taking it down so I guess somebody else noticed it too. I have much more light but I'd rather have the lovely, old tree and the squirrels.. :'(
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

Alex22

Re: One drey at a time..
« Reply #1 on: Aug 22, 2019, 06:09:29 PM »
I had the same worry with a tree in my neighbour's garden, every time we had a storm I'd worry the thing would come down on my extension roof.  Earlier this year he had it taken down bit by bit and now I too have more light, but I miss the birds ! 

minniemouse

« Reply #2 on: Aug 22, 2019, 10:11:03 PM »
The tree on the grass verge near my house looked as though it was dying.  I was worried it would topple into the road and strike a car.  I phoned the Council who sent an Official.  He knocked on my door and said I've inspected the tree and someone is trying to poison it.  (He had spotted that holes had been drilled in the trunk apparently).  I was shocked and worried that he would think it was me.  Thankfully when I protested my innocence, he believed me. Even so, lurking in my shed was tree root killer which I had purchased when I had a tree chopped down and the stump was left.  I was paranoid they would come and search the house so quickly binned it!   :o
Smoking kills you, bacon kills you, smoking bacon cures it.

Scrumpy

« Reply #3 on: Aug 23, 2019, 10:02:06 AM »

Are you sure about THAT minniemouse. !!

;D ;D ;D .. Sometimes it is the guilty protesting their innocence..
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

crabbyob

« Reply #4 on: Aug 23, 2019, 10:05:28 AM »
The tree on the grass verge near my house looked as though it was dying.  I was worried it would topple into the road and strike a car.  I phoned the Council who sent an Official.  He knocked on my door and said I've inspected the tree and someone is trying to poison it.  (He had spotted that holes had been drilled in the trunk apparently).  I was shocked and worried that he would think it was me.  Thankfully when I protested my innocence, he believed me. Even so, lurking in my shed was tree root killer which I had purchased when I had a tree chopped down and the stump was left.  I was paranoid they would come and search the house so quickly binned it!   :o
I was that official, and now you have confessed i will be back round to take down your particulars... ::)
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

Scrumpy

« Reply #5 on: Aug 23, 2019, 10:15:26 AM »

;D ;D ;D  Crabby..Don't forget your clipboard  and pen..
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

crabbyob

« Reply #6 on: Aug 23, 2019, 10:18:55 AM »
i wont need them i will simply talk fast in Jockineese and she being a black country girl will be flumoxed.....
oops i nearly forgot, miss mouse i need you to confirm your address for official purposes..... {i think this might be more of a success if she reads it at night, after wine o'clock..
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

minniemouse

« Reply #7 on: Aug 23, 2019, 03:31:43 PM »
......I can't do that, you might be a rat.  :o
Smoking kills you, bacon kills you, smoking bacon cures it.

crabbyob

« Reply #8 on: Aug 23, 2019, 06:50:31 PM »
now i'm wounded
i might have accepted Squirrel but rat
thats it i'm off, i get nothing but abuse on this forum...

Ashy

« Reply #9 on: Aug 23, 2019, 07:07:07 PM »
My advice, for what it's worth, is, always wear overalls and carry a bucket. That way if you're seen coming out of a strip club, anyone will think you are the cleaner.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #10 on: Aug 23, 2019, 08:03:06 PM »
My advice, for what it's worth, is, always wear overalls and carry a bucket. That way if you're seen coming out of a strip club, anyone will think you are the cleaner.
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!