Author Topic: Lies  (Read 1492 times)

crabbyob

Lies
« on: Aug 22, 2019, 06:28:08 PM »
i almost choked when i heard a journalist stating that it was time that they the journalists should begin outing liars, like our new PM...
what bloody arrogance, professional liars saying when they find a liar they should denounce them...
when they are proved to be liars journalists should be jailed...
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

Raven

Re: Lies
« Reply #1 on: Aug 22, 2019, 07:17:29 PM »
While I totally agree with you Crabby, your post made me laugh. It was the thought of you jumping up n down in a rage.  ;D

GrannyMac

« Reply #2 on: Aug 22, 2019, 08:44:54 PM »
I agree that some journalists embellish the truth, so it makes me wonder why people start frothing at the mouth when they read - and believe - some of the stuff in the media.  🙄
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

Bee

« Reply #3 on: Aug 22, 2019, 11:19:10 PM »
i almost choked when i heard a journalist stating that it was time that they the journalists should begin outing liars, like our new PM...
what bloody arrogance, professional liars saying when they find a liar they should denounce them...
when they are proved to be liars journalists should be jailed...

Thanks for that Crabby. I will convey that to my son who just happens to be a freelance writer and journalist. ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)
The only way is up....

crabbyob

« Reply #4 on: Aug 23, 2019, 09:51:45 AM »

Thanks for that Crabby. I will convey that to my son who just happens to be a freelance writer and journalist. ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

so why are you conveying it too him?... ;D ...is he also a stranger to the truth?
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

xetog

« Reply #5 on: Aug 23, 2019, 10:19:58 AM »

Lies, falsehoods, fake news,  whatever we want to call it has become the stock-in-trade of most people these days.  How has it become that if you get what you want by telling lies the lie becomes legitimate?  I would not pick particularly upon journalists, but have to agree that it seems being economical with the truth sells newspapers and TV ads.  I would suggest that it is we, the public who are at fault in failing to call out these liars but it has become so bad that it is impossible in some cases to sort out truth from lies.  Even ordinary folk fail to realise that gaining advantage by some mild exaggeration is still winning by a lie.  Lying is so commonplace now that it is a way of life, I fear beyond our ability to change.

Mike.X
If you want to control peoples thoughts, first control their words.

crabbyob

« Reply #6 on: Aug 23, 2019, 10:26:09 AM »
do you mean like all those MPs elected on a manifesto that stated they would uphold the result of the referendum, then called for a second one Mike ?

xetog

« Reply #7 on: Aug 23, 2019, 10:46:36 AM »

The cap certainly seems to fit crabbyob.

Mike.X

Diasi

« Reply #8 on: Aug 23, 2019, 03:45:20 PM »
Lies, falsehoods, fake news,  whatever we want to call it has become the stock-in-trade of most people these days.  How has it become that if you get what you want by telling lies the lie becomes legitimate?  I would not pick particularly upon journalists, but have to agree that it seems being economical with the truth sells newspapers and TV ads.  I would suggest that it is we, the public who are at fault in failing to call out these liars but it has become so bad that it is impossible in some cases to sort out truth from lies.  Even ordinary folk fail to realise that gaining advantage by some mild exaggeration is still winning by a lie.  Lying is so commonplace now that it is a way of life, I fear beyond our ability to change.

Mike.X

I found this old thread that dealt with how the duplicitous journalists & editors spin headlines to suit their agenda.

http://www.pensionersforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,17286.msg280338.html#msg280338
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

Bee

« Reply #9 on: Aug 27, 2019, 06:11:45 AM »

so why are you conveying it too him?... ;D ...is he also a stranger to the truth?

The reason I conveyed that to my son was so he could have a good laugh at your post.......and NO my son is not a stranger to the truth, where would it get him if he told lies and what would he gain from it???

The only way is up....

xetog

« Reply #10 on: Aug 27, 2019, 09:49:48 AM »

It didn't get Boris anywhere did it? ;D

Mike.X

Bee

« Reply #11 on: Aug 27, 2019, 05:43:33 PM »
It didn't get Boris anywhere did it? ;D

Mike.X

The difference is, my son is not a politician. 8)
The only way is up....

xetog

« Reply #12 on: Aug 27, 2019, 06:44:31 PM »

Boris got dismissed for lying when he was a journalist.

Mike,X

Bee

« Reply #13 on: Aug 27, 2019, 10:10:10 PM »
Oh! right, I didn't know that........................but rest assured that won't happen to my son, he is very honest with what he writes.
The only way is up....

xetog

« Reply #14 on: Aug 28, 2019, 08:54:36 AM »

Just a little smile  :) Bee, I wasn't trying to accuse anyone.

Mike.X