Author Topic: Our house is burning.  (Read 1713 times)

Flying bomb

Our house is burning.
« on: Aug 23, 2019, 06:09:17 PM »

So, correctly, does the French president say.

If the Amazon forest is destroyed we loose 20% of the worlds  Oxygen !
Can the human body sustain this loss over years ?

A great tipping point grows ever nearer, methinks.
Thank Gawd I am not a youngster.
If the Buck stops here how can the Doe go all the way ?

Albert.

Traveller

Re: Our house is burning.
« Reply #1 on: Aug 23, 2019, 07:38:37 PM »
Don't worry, some stupid Swedish schoolgirl will go there in a dugout canoe and tell the government that they are polluting the atmosphere.
You'll have had your tea.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #2 on: Aug 23, 2019, 08:00:39 PM »
Which is very naughty of them
Mike  ;D
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

Diasi

« Reply #3 on: Aug 23, 2019, 10:10:11 PM »
Don't worry, some stupid Swedish schoolgirl will go there in a dugout canoe and tell the government that they are polluting the atmosphere.

Lol, I was just thinking the same thing.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

Diasi

« Reply #4 on: Aug 23, 2019, 10:12:07 PM »

Yes that's correct if the entire rain forest disappears & yes we could sustain it, but it would need some pruning of the ever growing population.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

Goingtoseed

« Reply #5 on: Aug 23, 2019, 11:40:37 PM »
Yes that's correct if the entire rain forest disappears & yes we could sustain it, but it would need some pruning of the ever growing population.

And how would you 'prune' the population?

Germany had a brilliant idea back in 1943/4. Every tenth POW received a welcome present of a lump of lead in the back of their head - 10% reduction overnight.

Macca

« Reply #6 on: Aug 24, 2019, 06:51:10 AM »

Not really. I just wish they would stop blaming me. I remember being told by a Minister to do my bit for our survival by ensuring my TV was never left on Standby. The fact he had a gas-guzzling huge 4x4 and a 20 room mansion with heated swimming pool seemed to escape his thoughts. As an easy going individual I will have no part in this crap about "energy-saving" and "anthropogenic destruction"
"Don't argue with an idiot, he will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience" - Mark Twain

Diasi

« Reply #7 on: Aug 24, 2019, 07:50:11 AM »
And how would you 'prune' the population?

Germany had a brilliant idea back in 1943/4. Every tenth POW received a welcome present of a lump of lead in the back of their head - 10% reduction overnight.

A start would be by stopping interfering with nature's way of pruning the population, such as IVF.

Hugh

« Reply #8 on: Aug 24, 2019, 08:37:37 AM »
If the Amazon forest is destroyed we loose 20% of the worlds  Oxygen !  Can the human body sustain this loss over years ?  

Whats happening to the Amazon Is more or less what happened in the UK forests many years ago. Sherwood forest which once covered a vast area now a tiny patch near Mansfield. Room for thought.  

Alex22

« Reply #9 on: Aug 24, 2019, 08:45:17 AM »
A start would be by stopping interfering with nature's way of pruning the population, such as IVF.
I don't think stopping IVF would make much difference, considering the cost of this treatment not everyone can afford it, so numbers would be small.

xetog

« Reply #10 on: Aug 24, 2019, 09:08:04 AM »

The NHS want's to give IVF of single women Alex.  Not a good idea I my opinion.

Mike.X
If you want to control peoples thoughts, first control their words.

Diasi

« Reply #11 on: Aug 24, 2019, 09:12:19 AM »
I don't think stopping IVF would make much difference, considering the cost of this treatment not everyone can afford it, so numbers would be small.

Every journey comprises small steps.

There are plenty of other things that could be done, but probably too contentious for this forum.

Hugh

« Reply #12 on: Aug 24, 2019, 10:51:00 AM »
Its quite surprising this quite serious thread and turned into a topic on IVF treatment. IVF should have been a thread on its own account. If the logging and fires in the amazon not brought under control we or out children will know the effects of it before much longer. All countries should plant and create new natural forests. In England we have plenty of forests but mainly of pines. I just wonder if this type of tree supplies us with Oxygen, like many of our natural trees ????

Macca

« Reply #13 on: Aug 24, 2019, 10:58:15 AM »
Its quite surprising this quite serious thread and turned into a topic on IVF treatment. IVF should have been a thread on its own account. If the logging and fires in the amazon not brought under control we or out children will know the effects of it before much longer. All countries should plant and create new natural forests. In England we have plenty of forests but mainly of pines. I just wonder if this type of tree supplies us with Oxygen, like many of our natural trees ????
Thank the heavens it was someone else who took this "off topic".. I was becoming paranoid.
"Don't argue with an idiot, he will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience" - Mark Twain

crabbyob

« Reply #14 on: Aug 24, 2019, 11:12:13 AM »
as stated before India a basic third world country [that has a space prog...lol]
has planted something like a Billion trees over the past ten years..
our children should be encouraged to plant a tree dedicated to each member of their family
my aunt planted a rose-bush for every family member we lost, i planted a tree for her..
two trees i planted at my last home have been removed..
the govt should allocate land where we might plant a tree in remembrance of whatever.
trees should be planted along the motorway verges, there are lots of places trees could be planted, they could be edible chestnut trees apple trees pear trees, they need not simply be lumps of wood.
they could be a monument to our generation...
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”