Author Topic: what was you favourite perfume...or aftershave  (Read 2929 times)

Butterpuff

what was you favourite perfume...or aftershave
« on: Sep 12, 2019, 10:54:08 AM »
there are so many perfumes and aftershaves that we never hear of now, one of my favourites was evening in Paris ,another was Primitive ( who remembers the little black cat).The chemist's windows were always done up beautifully at Christmas with all the lovely boxes of perfume,now perfume costs so much,some as much as £100...are they really worth it

Raven

Re: what was you favourite perfume...or aftershave
« Reply #1 on: Sep 12, 2019, 11:41:25 AM »
My favourite is Estee Lauders "White Linen" has been for years. Only wear it if we're going out at the W/E, no point wasting it on the horses.  ;D

GrannyMac

« Reply #2 on: Sep 12, 2019, 11:48:36 AM »
I liked Opium. Find it too heavy these days, prefer Elle. I liked Paris, bought some limited edition in Majorca years ago, think it was more rose based but not found it here.
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

Bee

« Reply #3 on: Sep 12, 2019, 11:52:20 AM »
Estee Lauders Youth Dew for me. :)
The only way is up....

Scrumpy

« Reply #4 on: Sep 12, 2019, 12:57:17 PM »

I love Opium..  I use it very occasionally..

I also use Jo Malone..Jasmine Sambac & Marigold. Intense.. Some of my happiest nights was wearing this perfume.. ;)
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

Alex22

« Reply #5 on: Sep 12, 2019, 04:53:22 PM »
I liked Opium too,  I wore it for years !    I like a lot of perfumes and at the moment I'm on Gucci Bamboo.  Coco by Chanel is another favourite one, Amarige, Ysatis......both by Givenchy and quite heady.   

My Mum used to wear Evening in Paris Butterpuff, then she moved on to Coty L'Aimant - remember that one ?  Yes nowadays it's so expensive, but because I'm retired and not wearing it every day a bottle lasts longer, particularly keeping it in the original box in a drawer or cupboard.

Scrumpy

« Reply #6 on: Sep 12, 2019, 06:13:20 PM »

Alex.. That brought back memories.
My mum would have a bottle of Evening in Paris.. It sat all alone on her dressing table. No mascara.. No lotions ..nor eye shadow. Maybe a little tin/jar of rouge that she gently rubbed into her cheeks.. Wearing it lifted her spirits and took her out of her drabness for a while..
Welcome to the site Butterpuff.
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

StephenM123

« Reply #7 on: Sep 12, 2019, 08:16:49 PM »
In the day I used to get Brut most Christmases. Although I was built like Henry I thought myself more of Barry. A few years ago I was given Ferrari Black which I preferred. However, in reality, I use aftershave rarely!

StephenM123

« Reply #8 on: Sep 12, 2019, 08:19:55 PM »
I don't have a favourite for the ladies are there are so many. The brand I hate is Lush - their smells remind me of vapers!

Alex22

« Reply #9 on: Sep 12, 2019, 11:10:41 PM »
I agree with you there Stephen I cross the street rather than pass their door - awful smell that gets in the back of your throat, but Lush is not really perfume.  ;)

Butterpuff

« Reply #10 on: Sep 13, 2019, 12:06:21 AM »
thank you Scrumpy...I'm loving this forum....I used to have the little black bottle of cream coty l'aimant...I loved it too

Michael Rolls

« Reply #11 on: Sep 17, 2019, 07:26:14 PM »
Imperial Leather soap, Old Spice after shave. Oh, and given the chance, the aroma of a decent malt or cognac ain't too shabby!
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

Alfred

« Reply #12 on: Sep 18, 2019, 02:38:15 PM »
Yes I too used to have brute for my birthday and Christmas presents as both my wife and daughter liked the scent, so I got used to using it every now and again,

Audrine

« Reply #13 on: Dec 04, 2019, 10:35:49 PM »
Emeralde by Coty in my younger days now Coco by Chanel. Audrine

Jacqueline

« Reply #14 on: Dec 04, 2019, 10:53:05 PM »
I'm an Opium girl, I'm using Black Opium at the moment.  I also like Poison, that was mum's favorite.  I think my sense of smell is not as good as it was as I can't smell a lot of these new perfumes.   I used to get Aramis for my husband, but he never had it for long my son used to use it up.

Did anyone use the Avon perfumes, my Aunt was an Avon Lady ( until she was 80) Little pots of perfume cream, Topaz I think.