Author Topic: Money Grabbing Disabled Pensioners  (Read 6964 times)

mick607

Re: Money Grabbing Disabled Pensioners
« Reply #30 on: Sep 28, 2019, 08:26:08 AM »
There are 60k students in our city. Zero council tax is paid by them which causes a lot of resentment by those who do pay. Seems unfair to me. Students seem to enjoy the pubs & clubs here so can't be that bad off.

mick607

« Reply #31 on: Sep 28, 2019, 08:29:39 AM »
Well there is some sense in all of this hype. Homes with large gardens tend to be more expensive than those with gardens the size of a postage stamp. Therefore the more land you own the more expensive the property.
Stands to reason that the bigger the garden the more that you should contribute. Those with window boxes will of course be exempt.

I would go one further and re-value all houses if there has been any additions to it such as a summer house, sun room, conservatory or even a fish pond - they all add value you know and consequently should be paying more Council Tax.

Not forgetting that a DLA/PIP recipient automatically gets a 25% reduction in council tax.
Do you get 50% discount GTS.?

crabbyob

« Reply #32 on: Sep 28, 2019, 09:55:14 AM »
can i just point out to those riding high, that those of us who chose to p*ss their money against the wall paid more tax to manufacture that [censored] than you who used every devious means possible to AVOID paying said tax did....
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

mick607

« Reply #33 on: Sep 28, 2019, 10:06:35 AM »
Todays mortgage free home owners also received income tax relief on their mortgage interest payments too.

sparky

« Reply #34 on: Sep 28, 2019, 10:18:01 AM »
Crabbyob I do not know of any way to avoid paying well over a 1/4 of my state pension in council tax, which in effect subsidises homes with maybe 4 to 6 adults who are all making far more use of council services than I ever could.

crabbyob

« Reply #35 on: Sep 28, 2019, 10:38:51 AM »
Sparky, in that instance, the tax is one million percent wrong, but beating-up people in council houses helps your case not one little bit..
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

sparky

« Reply #36 on: Sep 28, 2019, 11:11:30 AM »
Crabbyob, As someone whose  home was on a council estate  with my parents till my twenties, the last thing I would do is knock council tenants, at that time 99% of the people on our estate, were great , honest,  and  hard working people, who would always be there for us, particularly  during the war and the raids, This is about two things, the fairness of the council funding system, Which the present system is not, and how a person chooses to spend their money, if person "A" chooses to spend their money on booze, gambling, exotic holidays, or whatever, but live in a lower value house or area, good luck to them, its their money, But if person "B" prefers to spend their money living in a better home , or improving the one they have,  why should they be penalised and made to pay more for identical council services than person "A".

crabbyob

« Reply #37 on: Sep 28, 2019, 11:21:40 AM »
lol, Sparky, may i refer you to my previous answer... ;D
while you were improving and adding value to your investment, the more they pi&&
up against the wall then the bigger the tax pot gets... and if there are six of them....wow they should get a rebate.. ;D ;D ;D

ronyork

« Reply #38 on: Sep 28, 2019, 12:12:58 PM »
The whole system is completely unfair. People who make themselves unwell (ill) taking drugs filling their lungs with tobacco smoke and now vaping (now banned in eighteen countries) get care round the clock when needed. just this week I applied for pull up pants for Audrey  but no ,can have protectors but not pull up,s I change Audrey 3/4 times a day and purchase the pants ,but no doubt an alcholic receiving  benefits who keeps filling his pants when out of his mind would get them supplied and a nurse to help. I would add that Audrey in her demented state has to have pull ups and you can guess the mess when not , Have appealed through various agency,s for perhaps some help but am informed she does not meet the criteria, she cannot keep herself clean, feed , dress in fact Audrey can do NOTHING I inject for diabetes take her blood every day and mostly feed her. but I wish to keep her at home, Am just giving her a coffee with a mince pie and she say,s what,s this what do i do with it, Yes I can apply again along another channel,  the pay for everything way, think from memory the charges were £19.80 weekday and weekend around£25  an hour, unless you are on benefits of some sort or perhaps the boat people. . must pop along to get dinner sorted,then tea, but I will get her off to bed around seven which gives me a few hours to myself. [censored] off yes.

sparky

« Reply #39 on: Sep 28, 2019, 01:00:40 PM »

I do believe that all the anger by the public towards politicians about Brexit, is  just the tip of the Iceberg, Ronyork's  unjust   situation is yet another example of how the British public are fed up to the back teeth with  politicians total incompetence on so many issues, why should he have to spend time fighting  for what he needs  for Audrey, in addition to all his other duties,  when we are throwing away money on not only foreign aid but countless other wasteful government projects, there needs to be an uprising in this country to make sure our politicians start getting  off their arses and  put in place proper systems in all areas that prioritise  our own,  rather than those abroad and the flotsam that arrive at  our shores
Lets start with drunks and druggies last  to be seen, ahead of those with a genuine medical problem, and ALL health tourists paying up front before the slightest medical help is given.
We could then move on to making sure all the scum roaming our streets bent on committing any sort of crime were  given meaningful sentences in prisons  they would not want to go back to.

Diasi

« Reply #40 on: Sep 28, 2019, 01:08:16 PM »
I do believe that all the anger by the public towards politicians about Brexit, is  just the tip of the Iceberg, Ronyork's  unjust   situation is yet another example of how the British public are fed up to the back teeth with  politicians total incompetence on so many issues, why should he have to spend time fighting  for what he needs  for Audrey, in addition to all his other duties,  when we are throwing away money on not only foreign aid but countless other wasteful government projects, there needs to be an uprising in this country to make sure our politicians start getting  off their arses and  put in place proper systems in all areas that prioritise  our own,  rather than those abroad and the flotsam that arrive at  our shores
Lets start with drunks and druggies last  to be seen, ahead of those with a genuine medical problem, and ALL health tourists paying up front before the slightest medical help is given.
We could then move on to making sure all the scum roaming our streets bent on committing any sort of crime were  given meaningful sentences in prisons  they would not want to go back to.

Scrap the HoL, halve the number of MPs & move the Government to a bog-basic office block in Sunderland, with other office blocks converted into one-room bedsits for MPs.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

sparky

« Reply #41 on: Sep 28, 2019, 01:29:51 PM »
Diasi, Yep,  between us we could start to bring he them down to earth and remember we pay them well over the odds to represent the British public, and not their own selfish interests .

Diasi

« Reply #42 on: Sep 28, 2019, 09:39:59 PM »
Diasi, Yep,  between us we could start to bring he them down to earth and remember we pay them well over the odds to represent the British public, and not their own selfish interests .

Westminster could be turned into apartments, at £50 million a pop, & they'd be snatched up by people wanting one of the most prestigious addresses in the world.

The Downing Street houses would sell for £100 million each.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

zoony

« Reply #43 on: Sep 28, 2019, 11:20:06 PM »
Palace of Westminster? Knock it down, build something useful, cull the peerage and put the Parliament in the middle of the country away from the entrenched grift, graft and greed of that there Lunnon.
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

Goingtoseed

« Reply #44 on: Sep 29, 2019, 04:23:06 PM »
No it doesn't stand to reason at all. You sound as though you are on the same envy kick as the originators of the idea. My plot is 3/4 of an acre. The house is valued at £240,000. That wouldn't buy a garage in some parts of the country - but I am already on the top band of Community Charge, even though the value of my property is only a fraction of many others in the same band - oh, and I don't get mains drainage nor street lighting - amenities many other take for granted
Mine

You state that the house is worth £240,000 but what is the actual value with the land included. As you are paying the top rate of CT the overall value should be upwards of £500,000!!