Author Topic: Bank Bonuses  (Read 1313 times)

HiJinx

Bank Bonuses
« on: Feb 05, 2009, 05:29:46 PM »
Bank Bonuses
The reason that the RBS & Lloyds bank bonuses are unforgivable is not because they had to use taxpayers money to survive the problems caused by their own feckless greed.
It is because they have caused real life tragedy to millions of people who are suffering untold financial hardships.
This is something that an employed person can never understand.
Unemployment brings with it; repossessed homes, broken families, canceled holidays,  means tested benefits & a  loss of self esteem.
Giving bankers bonuses is like pouring salt into the wounds of the deprived.
And likely to cause enough bitterness & resentment to fire a revolution.

charlie gracie

Re: Bank Bonuses
« Reply #1 on: Feb 07, 2009, 04:50:09 PM »
What really puzzles me is the way the stock market system works and why governments allow young
"whizz kids" to gamble with millions of $$$$/s and they make millions in bonuses and these same whizz kids
can be the cause of banks to close  bankrupt businesses, put millions of people out of work,and all the heartache that follows redundancy
In fact these Kids, have wrecked the worlds banking system. thinking they are playing a game of Monopoly
They are nothing but SPIVS. That crook Nick Leeson comes to mind,

geum

« Reply #2 on: Feb 16, 2009, 10:38:17 PM »
I've had a Lloyds bank account for over 50 years - probably longer than the current boss has been alive. What really startled me was two things from the select committee interviews a) none of the top bankers had any banking qualifications and b) there was a reluctant apology of sorts for the shareholders, but for the depositors - nothing.

With so many depending on savings interest for survival, these incompetent so-called economists should have any income over 250k pounds (or 10 times industrial average) taxed at 95% at least. They may be paid millions but they certainly do NOT earn it.

The economy only works if money circulates rapidly, so everybody gets a chance to use it. With trillions locked in the banks and so many being put out of work and relying on inadequate benefits (if they're lucky) there's no way the "economy" will recover quickly, maybe not fully even in my lifetime.

And as for "Prudence" and her handler - they can just sod off back to whichever fairy tale she came from.

John

« Reply #3 on: Feb 22, 2009, 02:50:39 PM »
Unfortunately it matters not whether you were a customer for 5 minutes or 5 years.

This is all about product and profit, not now about people.

I doubt that much money actually moves now.

The largest money moving market must be illegal drug dealing.

The majority of Bank notes in the UK are physically tainted by drugs.

The government is missing an opportunity to criminalise the majority of the population with drug possession.