Author Topic: Rugby World Cup  (Read 829 times)

Floydian

Re: Rugby World Cup
« Reply #45 on: Oct 06, 2019, 11:48:34 AM »
Ah, i see. I think I've misread your post Ron. Sorry to hear of your situation or i wouldn't have been so glib.
Ha ha, charade you are...

Michael Rolls

« Reply #46 on: Oct 06, 2019, 05:40:13 PM »
As a Francophile in all matters other than Rugby and the EU (!), I had hoped that Tonga might cause an upset - and they so nearly did! France were their usual enigmatic self - brilliant one minute, woeful the next. What did strike home was that their flyhalf, Ntamack, played well - and it seems no time at all that I was watching his father playing for his country for the first time.
Mike  :'(
The older I get, the better I was!

Bee

« Reply #47 on: Oct 06, 2019, 10:26:09 PM »
I had other things to do today but I heard France had won which I was pleased about.

I believe England and France play against each other on 12th October, my eldest son is a big rugby fan and used to play for his school, it will be interesting in his house when England and France play against each other with his wife being French. ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: Oct 06, 2019, 10:34:16 PM by Bee »
I abhor ignorance.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #48 on: Oct 06, 2019, 10:41:54 PM »
Yes, that's the date, Bee. I can see marital harmony might be at risk in your son's establishment  ;D ;D
Mike

Bee

« Reply #49 on: Oct 06, 2019, 10:44:46 PM »
Yes, that's the date, Bee. I can see marital harmony might be at risk in your son's establishment  ;D ;D
Mike

;D ;D ;D
I abhor ignorance.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #50 on: Oct 07, 2019, 08:33:09 AM »
The second Italian prop, Nicola Quaglio, has been cited for his part in the disgraceful spear tackle on the Springbok number 8 - at the time, I was amazed that he escaped any sanction at all - I don't see how anyone reviewing the incident could have not regarded both of them as equally culpable. As I said in my earlier post, sheer thuggery.
Mike

Michael Rolls

« Reply #51 on: Oct 07, 2019, 08:37:41 AM »
I'm behind the times - the hearing was yesterday. Both received bans for three matches. If, as is highly likely, Italy do not progress beyond their next and last pool match against NZ, they will be banned for their respective following two club matches,
Mike

zoony

« Reply #52 on: Oct 07, 2019, 06:03:55 PM »
  I do wish that the powers that be would re-broadcast the rugby matches in full later in the day for those of us who aren't conscious at such times of the day.
" There ain't no Devil, it's jus' God when he's drunk.."

Tom Waites

Michael Rolls

« Reply #53 on: Oct 07, 2019, 08:39:51 PM »
sacrifices are good for the soul!
Mike  ;D ;D

zoony

« Reply #54 on: Oct 07, 2019, 10:06:34 PM »
Ah, souls...Hmm.  ;)
" There ain't no Devil, it's jus' God when he's drunk.."

Tom Waites

Bee

« Reply #55 on: Oct 07, 2019, 10:33:28 PM »
tut tut. ;D ;D
I abhor ignorance.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #56 on: Oct 07, 2019, 10:46:36 PM »
 :D :D :D

Michael Rolls

« Reply #57 on: Oct 09, 2019, 05:29:04 PM »
Well done Scotland - and well played Adam Hastings! Now I feel REALLY old - I remember when his dad first played for Scotland!
However, I remain really put out at the scheduling. Since playing n the 20th of September, this was was Russia's fourth game, it was Scotland's third, and they have had nine days to recover from their most recent match, Russia have had five- and a number of the Russians looked shattered after 30 minutes, never mind 80. As I have said before, to the best of my knowledge no top level club competition expects sides to play more often than once a week - and those games aren't at the intensity of the World Cup
Mike

Bee

« Reply #58 on: Oct 09, 2019, 10:13:26 PM »
Well done to Scotland also well done to Wales.

I completely agree with you Mike about very few days for rest between games, especially with it being a World Cup and the intensity of it all and yes Russia did look tired after only a short time playing.

With the typhoon threat we now have to wait and see what will happen on Saturday with the matches planned.
I abhor ignorance.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #59 on: Oct 10, 2019, 04:47:46 AM »
According to the BBC News website England v France is definitely off, Scotland v Japan decision still to be made. Cancelled games because of weather are regarded as scoreless draws, so England top their group with France second. If Scotlandís game is cancelled, havenít checked for sure yet, but I reckon that means Scotland are out and Japan go through
Mike