Author Topic: my favourite t.v programme/s,  (Read 6191 times)

Alfred

my favourite t.v programme/s,
« on: Sep 23, 2019, 07:54:38 AM »
Im sure we all like to see entertaining  programmes, on the t.v and I'm sure many of you much like my wife, and I, really enjoy seeing (the Repair Shop on BBC 2)   at the moment they are being repeated all over again, and I hope in time, new ones will emerge as Iv found this show so very entertaining,

for those of you who have see it , seeing the various experts as they go about their tasks mending, repairing, and restoring broken or damaged items,. And the list is endless,

Seeing  the many and various family heirlooms, or gifts, bought many years ago and have become  family treasures,  passed down through the generations ,

and seeing these experts, at work  is almost like an addiction as we get hooked thinking how on earth are they going to repair that ,
which they inevitably do,. 

with so many items that go to the repair shop, its one show that I wouldn't miss . and its lovely to see items being restored or repaired back to their original state,

Q; Have you got a favourite/s a show which you really enjoy and will you share your thoughts with us,

Butterpuff

Re: my favourite t.v programme/s,
« Reply #1 on: Sep 23, 2019, 07:31:20 PM »
I love watching escape to the country,where families want to retire to somewhere away from the cities and when they're asked how much they have to spend on the new home.....well £700,000    or if it ticks all the boxes  we could stretch to £750,000...I can only dream

Scrumpy

« Reply #2 on: Sep 23, 2019, 07:46:11 PM »
At the moment.     Peaky Blinders.
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

Raven

« Reply #3 on: Sep 23, 2019, 07:47:23 PM »
At the moment it's "Outlander" for me.

zoony

« Reply #4 on: Sep 25, 2019, 04:31:03 PM »
Did anybody watch Werner Herzog's beautiful documentary, 'Nomad', about Bruce Chatwin?
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

Raven

« Reply #5 on: Sep 25, 2019, 07:19:33 PM »
No Zoony, We didn't see it.

zoony

« Reply #6 on: Sep 25, 2019, 07:48:38 PM »
Thank you Raven. Can't believe nobody watched it.. ???

cowboy wisdom.

crabbyob

« Reply #7 on: Sep 25, 2019, 10:35:03 PM »
football, golf and athletics...in any order
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

zoony

« Reply #8 on: Oct 09, 2019, 10:11:25 PM »
  I'm aware that it's not everybody's cup of tea and it made me wince at times but I was a big fan of 'Deadwood', the TV series so I was eager to see the feature film they've made to complete the story. (ish..) I just watched it and was pleasantly surprised for the most part. Same actors, same writers, same director etc,..I really enjoyed it. My one, small criticism might be that it was a bit on the dour side.

cowboy wisdom.

crabbyob

« Reply #9 on: Oct 10, 2019, 02:15:11 AM »
theres a movie out perhaps last year called 'yesterday' if you enjoy beatles music you should enjoy this fantasy, look out for a 68 year old John Lennon, amazing..
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

Scrumpy

« Reply #10 on: Oct 10, 2019, 08:35:57 AM »

The Apprentice is pretty good..
 Can't believe how thick some of these (clever) contestants are.  The youngest this year is 19.. and so bloody superior . He will go far in life.
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #11 on: Oct 10, 2019, 01:05:15 PM »
  I'm aware that it's not everybody's cup of tea and it made me wince at times but I was a big fan of 'Deadwood', the TV series so I was eager to see the feature film they've made to complete the story. (ish..) I just watched it and was pleasantly surprised for the most part. Same actors, same writers, same director etc,..I really enjoyed it. My one, small criticism might be that it was a bit on the dour side.
Deadwood? Never heard of it - what was it about? On the other hand - had a few such work for me over the years - they didn't last
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

crabbyob

« Reply #12 on: Oct 10, 2019, 01:46:56 PM »
dont bother with it Mike you wont enjoy

Diasi

« Reply #13 on: Oct 10, 2019, 01:48:19 PM »
Did anybody watch Werner Herzog's beautiful documentary, 'Nomad', about Bruce Chatwin?

That's three more names to add to my collection of those I've never heard.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

Michael Rolls

« Reply #14 on: Oct 10, 2019, 02:46:11 PM »
dont bother with it Mike you wont enjoy
I reckon you are certainly right! Thanks!
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!