Author Topic: Shingles  (Read 3309 times)

Diasi

Re: Shingles
« Reply #15 on: Oct 04, 2019, 07:02:12 AM »
I wonder if Sean Connery has ever had shingles, or does he drink doubles?
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

Sheila

« Reply #16 on: Oct 04, 2019, 08:16:54 AM »
IMO it is stupid to refuse the flu jab.  My husband had flu a few years ago and was flat out in bed.  I had had the jab because I have asthma and I looked after him but didn't catch it.  I can't imagine what would happen if you lived alone and had nobody to look after you.  I had to keep making him drink water and take paracetamol to try to bring his temperature down.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #17 on: Oct 04, 2019, 10:25:53 AM »
Veronica and I always had the flu jab and both had the shingles jab some years back now. All being well, I will have the flu jab again this year - now that I live alone the idea of being laid low with flu is not good
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

Dayjo

« Reply #18 on: Oct 04, 2019, 10:32:23 AM »
Christine doesn't have the flu jab, after a very bad reaction three years ago.
 I had mine, at the local chemists, three weeks ago.
We've both now had, four text reminders, each....
David, Christine, + Mia...... NE Derbyshire.

Life happens, when you connect with people.
Not, constantly working to be better, or to have more......

mick607

« Reply #19 on: Oct 04, 2019, 12:40:02 PM »
Many years ago my wife then a teenage fit girl worked for a very large pharmacutical company who happen to own many high street chemist shops  ;) all the staff were offered flu jabs ten in their infancy. My wife had the jab & had a very serious reaction to it nearly causing her death (her daoctor's words). Until a couple of years ago she would not have the jab But has since had two yearly jabs. The flu jab is not the be all & end all jabs but it's down to own personal choice.

sparky

« Reply #20 on: Oct 04, 2019, 12:50:14 PM »
Have always had the jab with no  after effects, until this year, felt rough for about three days.

Cassandra

« Reply #21 on: Oct 04, 2019, 01:02:37 PM »
I recently had a text offering me a flu jab but I replied with the 'Decline' option so I hope they don't bother me with it again.

Same here and Shingles too. A friend nearly died last year from a contamination following the latter. We are actively progressing reparation from a Health Authority with the empathetic altruism of Pol Pot.
My Little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

Goingtoseed

« Reply #22 on: Oct 05, 2019, 12:32:49 PM »
You qualify for the Shingles vacc at 70. I disagree about the flu jab but you might be right. I have it cos I need all the help I can get!

It is common knowledge that the contents of the flu jab for the over 65's only includes 2 of the 3 likely types of flu.

crabbyob

« Reply #23 on: Oct 05, 2019, 12:37:28 PM »
It is common knowledge that the contents of the flu jab for the over 65's only includes 2 of the 3 likely types of flu.

murder by omission ?
i have never been offered a shingles injection, and only ever had one flue injection, followed by more illnesses than i have ever had, so no , i dont get it...
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

JCBDriver

« Reply #24 on: Oct 05, 2019, 01:42:15 PM »
I had my flu jab last Saturday. The nurse told me I was entitled to both shingles and pneumonia jabs since aged 65.
It was news to me as it had never been offered before and I have had my flu jab every year since turning 65.
I have booked myself in and will have the jabs on Thursday. I'm all in favour of prevention.

Scrumpy

« Reply #25 on: Oct 05, 2019, 01:54:16 PM »

I had a text from my doctors surgery giving the dates of the flu jabs.. The first one was last Saturday at 8.30 til 12. I normally pop into my local chemist and get my flu jab but I was near the doctors surgery and decided to 'pop in'..
The queue was 'snaking' around the waiting room.. the entrance doors were OPEN to allow the queue to continue out into the forecourt..
 The feeling of urgency was in the air.. As if a flu epidemic was about to start.  :D
 Perhaps they thought that BREXIT might cause a serum shortage..
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

Sheila

« Reply #26 on: Oct 05, 2019, 04:09:11 PM »
A few years ago and new manager at our doctor's decided it was a good idea to make flu jab appointments one minute apart.  I assume there was more that one nurse doing them
What the manager did not think of was the rather limited car park.  Apparently the area was gridlocked and many people did not get their jab!

Raven

« Reply #27 on: Oct 05, 2019, 07:03:33 PM »
Our Doctor has a special Surgery on one Saturday for flu jabs. It's done by alphabet order. A - F. 8am to 10am, G - l. 10am - noon and so on through the day. All the nurses and most of the Doctors are there and it all seems to go well.

GrannyMac

« Reply #28 on: Oct 06, 2019, 07:16:21 AM »
I wonder if Sean Connery has ever had shingles, or does he drink doubles?

Just spotted this 😄😄

Loved him as Bond, but whatever his role he always shounds the shame... 😆
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

Diasi

« Reply #29 on: Oct 06, 2019, 07:30:53 AM »

Just spotted this 😄😄

Loved him as Bond, but whatever his role he always shounds the shame... 😆

;D ;D ;D
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)