Author Topic: I have fell into a love afair...  (Read 3030 times)

Ode Iron

Re: I have fell into a love afair...
« Reply #15 on: Oct 12, 2019, 10:13:21 PM »
Pity CeeGee..i feel your pain..i suffer with fybromyalgia and playing often knacks me hands up! Last year i bought a 1967 Tele..but my eagle eyed Son spotted that it has an Esquire neck and machine head..great action and plays lovely.
As a result of some problems with my chest and ribs..i am only able to sleep on one side...Hey Presto!..as a result ..me shoulder is tatered..and is in worse pain than the frozen shoulder that took six months to get right last time!!
Every sympathy CeeGee..and you are in my thoughts.Plus i hate not being able to do things and having to ask the Wife.
I'm Scorpio..fiercely stubborn and independant and delegating is a phrase i do not obey..to all who are not well..you are in my prayers..odexx
Masks are muzzles

Cee Gee

« Reply #16 on: Oct 12, 2019, 10:27:32 PM »
Wow Ode, sounds like we are a pair together. I have just taken pain killers and Ibuprofen and hope to sleep in my bed tonight fingers crossed. Hope that you don't suffer to much. Take it easy friend.

Ode Iron

« Reply #17 on: Oct 12, 2019, 10:36:29 PM »
Same to you CeeGee..i have had two bags of frozen peas to numb it..the Doc has given me strong pain killers..i can't take brufen because i am asthmatic!
Voltarol or Diclac suppostertries  work well..but like all things...why do they start at night??
I am going to listen to Animals by Pink Floyd and some Yes songs to relax.
Recently i have been playing my 1972 Kay semi...a bit like John Lennons real one!
I play it thru' a battered vox AC30..good job i'm out in the country..night all.
Masks are muzzles

Cee Gee

« Reply #18 on: Oct 12, 2019, 10:38:59 PM »
Night Ode.

Floydian

« Reply #19 on: Oct 12, 2019, 10:53:43 PM »
Ex pink floyd guitar supremo David Gilmour has recently raised over 21 million dollars by auctioning his guitar collection for charity. The infamous black strat alone made over 3 million dollars....
"Unbelievable, Jeff...."

Ode Iron

« Reply #20 on: Oct 17, 2019, 10:48:15 PM »
Cee Gee, how are you since our chat..any improvement?
I do hope you are getting some relief.
My lumps in the ribs still hurt- still awaiting an appt..could be Seven months!!!!
And we are taking in Syrians around here!!
Ne'mind eh?..for some distraction i have been going through my albums- over 6000 . Found a pearler by:
The Alan Bown..All Along The Watchtower.
My Son is home on Friday so i might have a jam..he is bringing his Burns guitar..lovely axe.
Fingers crossed you feel a bit better Cee Gee.
OI.
Masks are muzzles

Diasi

« Reply #21 on: Oct 17, 2019, 11:14:13 PM »
Cee Gee, how are you since our chat..any improvement?
I do hope you are getting some relief.
My lumps in the ribs still hurt- still awaiting an appt..could be Seven months!!!!
And we are taking in Syrians around here!!
Ne'mind eh?..for some distraction i have been going through my albums- over 6000 . Found a pearler by:
The Alan Bown..All Along The Watchtower.
My Son is home on Friday so i might have a jam..he is bringing his Burns guitar..lovely axe.
Fingers crossed you feel a bit better Cee Gee.
OI.

I thought it was his fingers crossed that stopped him playing his guitar.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

Ode Iron

« Reply #22 on: Oct 17, 2019, 11:32:08 PM »
Now Now...
Hey Diasi..i am no better...the distortion pedals do help.
Masks are muzzles

zoony

« Reply #23 on: Oct 18, 2019, 02:01:36 AM »
 ;D  You electric players..I was always happy using the acoustic guitar cos that's what I taught myself to play on. Occasionally picked up an electric but my fingers were too used to a 12-string neck and were clumsy on 'em. Having said that, in a band I loved what it brought. I have a treasured and abiding memory of one, very talented 19 yr old called Melvin, curled up in the bass drum, he wasn't very big, playing a super-good solo during a [censored]-kicking tune at some festival gig..
 Another benefit of playing acoustic is that it's very portable if one happens to be going to a party. The ladies love a guitar player who sings!  ;D
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

Cee Gee

« Reply #24 on: Oct 18, 2019, 08:34:29 AM »
Thanks for asking Ode, I am no better really. I have been taking Paracetamol and Ibuprofen   but relief is short lived. Looks like a trip to the doctors.

Ode Iron

« Reply #25 on: Oct 20, 2019, 08:11:58 PM »
Summat good from Aldi..the heat pads..i used tape to hold two on- along with the other meds..got a bit of kip last night.
No guitar licks as a consequence...how are you Cee Gee..any better?
Masks are muzzles

Cee Gee

« Reply #26 on: Oct 20, 2019, 08:25:59 PM »
Hi Ode. I am only slightly improved. Because I am still have pain and relying on paracetamol  and Ibuprofen my other half is insisting I see the doctor. Would really like a complete nights sleep. Hope you are OK soon.

Ode Iron

« Reply #27 on: Oct 20, 2019, 08:32:03 PM »
Thanks mate..my friend prayed for me last night..it worked!
I know i o'd on the meds too..but the wife was naffed off with getting very little sleep..i was tempted to hop into the spare room..but it was nippy . Best of luck CG..those dreaded cortisone injections are my fear..many moons ago a needle snapped in my shoulder...enough went into the swearbox to buy a '59 Strat!
Masks are muzzles

Cee Gee

« Reply #28 on: Oct 20, 2019, 08:41:10 PM »
ERE!! cortisone injections bloody hell don't fancy that....but I will have to be brave.... knees Knocking.

Cee Gee

« Reply #29 on: Oct 23, 2019, 08:48:42 AM »
Doctor appointment this afternoon. Got to get this sorted.