Author Topic: How many pensioners took advantage of the Right to Buy back in the early 80's?  (Read 2775 times)

brian54

Somebody said a while ago council houses are scroungers houses.

Jacqueline

I do take great exception to the remark that immigrants and illegals come before native white British people who father's and grandfather fought two wars to save this country. 

By the very fact that they are illegal they probably haven't got accommodation, where as a British family could have been living in damp, substandard accommodation for years they  would be bypassed by an immigrant who has no right to be here.   At that rate the British family would be second placed every time. 

If the likes of the Liberals Labour Green parties had their way they would let in to this country all and sundry us British would be living in tents while they housed every foreigner under the sun as their needs are greater, and more and more people would come as they'd be on their smart phones telling their friends and family back home  how great it is here and they give us a house too.

Goingtoseed

I do take great exception to the remark that immigrants and illegals come before native white British people who father's and grandfather fought two wars to save this country. 

By the very fact that they are illegal they probably haven't got accommodation, where as a British family could have been living in damp, substandard accommodation for years they  would be bypassed by an immigrant who has no right to be here.   At that rate the British family would be second placed every time. 

If the likes of the Liberals Labour Green parties had their way they would let in to this country all and sundry us British would be living in tents while they housed every foreigner under the sun as their needs are greater, and more and more people would come as they'd be on their smart phones telling their friends and family back home  how great it is here and they give us a house too.

They would only be entitled to housing if they had a right to remain in the UK.

sarahbilly 1

Jacqueline, people are housed [local council] according to need, all councils have rules, within which they are expected to allocate properties by, that's my understanding anyway, as for our parents/grandparents fighting in wars, plenty of white and none white people from many countries, also fought alongside our troops in those wars. and other conflicts,  many of them holding British passports. 

GrannyMac

Jacqueline, people are housed [local council] according to need, all councils have rules, within which they are expected to allocate properties by, that's my understanding anyway, as for our parents/grandparents fighting in wars, plenty of white and none white people from many countries, also fought alongside our troops in those wars. and other conflicts,  many of them holding British passports.

Quite right sarahbilly.People from the Caribbean, from Asia as well as Australia and New Zealand.  Just a couple of examples. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-32703753

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sikhs_in_the_British_Indian_Army
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

sarahbilly 1

interesting articles granny mac.

Johned

I don't think it is prejudice in quoting how indigenous folk feel how sometimes they are discriminated against.  A case in the press only last week told how a Somali illegal was complaining that the £40,000 a year benefits he was getting was not enough to sustain his ever growing family and he wanted an increase.  The sum of money he was already receiving could only be a pipe dream to many a retired pensioner after a lifetime of hard work.

sarahbilly 1

I was under the impression that there was a cap on benefits.?

Goingtoseed

I was under the impression that there was a cap on benefits.?

There is officially but it doesn't take much effort to get round it.
There are many exceptions such as being 'disabled'.

Alex22

Somebody said a while ago council houses are scroungers houses.
" somebody said "  ???   Sometimes Brian the cr*p you come out with astounds me.

GrannyMac

😄😄😂
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

mick607

" somebody said "  ???   Sometimes Brian the cr*p you come out with astounds me.

Should have said all the time Brian opens his mouth crap comes out of it.