Author Topic: Male, Female, Other?  (Read 1009 times)

Jacqueline

Male, Female, Other?
« on: Oct 07, 2019, 06:38:59 PM »
I have been helping my son fill in a Council application form.  Name, address, DOB, so far so good, next section,  Male, Female, Other?

Could someone inform me what the heck is an Other? I've said before this world is going raving mad, the lunatics have taken over the asylum.

crabbyob

Re: Male, Female, Other?
« Reply #1 on: Oct 07, 2019, 06:43:56 PM »
its called neuter.. 8)
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

Alfred

« Reply #2 on: Oct 07, 2019, 07:16:26 PM »
how about a he/she or the otherway round.

GrannyMac

« Reply #3 on: Oct 07, 2019, 07:21:23 PM »
Some children can't be defined as male or female at birth.  They were sometimes called hermaphrodites, more recently intersex. Their external bodily appearance at birth used to be how they were identified as male or female, but as medical science continues to investigate conditions, chromosomes are checked where there may be a question.

Better explained by the NHS.   https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/differences-in-sex-development/
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

Ode Iron

« Reply #4 on: Oct 07, 2019, 07:47:19 PM »
I agree..i refuse to write down British...i always put English in the 'other' section.
Masks are muzzles

Jacqueline

« Reply #5 on: Oct 07, 2019, 07:59:08 PM »
GrannyMac,

I am well aware of these babies, but this form is for adults, I would have thought that they would know if they are one sex or other by the time they got old enough to complete a form like this.  

There they are demonstrating about climate change, but what's the point, there will be no future, it takes a male and female to produce a child, what good to the world are Others?

GrannyMac

« Reply #6 on: Oct 07, 2019, 08:34:40 PM »
Are we really in 2019? Not everything is binary.   Those children will have become grown ups, for some it will have been a pretty miserable journey.  Imagine if it were your child?

There may be forum members who haven't had a child.  I'll let them respond to your last comment.

R. Gervais

Diasi

« Reply #7 on: Oct 07, 2019, 10:45:47 PM »
Some children can't be defined as male or female at birth.  They were sometimes called hermaphrodites, more recently intersex. Their external bodily appearance at birth used to be how they were identified as male or female, but as medical science continues to investigate conditions, chromosomes are checked where there may be a question.

Better explained by the NHS.   https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/differences-in-sex-development/

It explains nothing more than a female's a female & a male's a male but their 'bits' haven't developed normally, but they're still male or female 'bits'.

Jacqueline is correct.

https://www.spiked-online.com/2018/09/17/how-gender-neutrality-could-screw-up-the-next-generation/
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

GrannyMac

« Reply #8 on: Oct 07, 2019, 11:30:19 PM »
It explains nothing more than a female's a female & a male's a male but their 'bits' haven't developed normally, but they're still male or female 'bits'.

Jacqueline is correct.

https://www.spiked-online.com/2018/09/17/how-gender-neutrality-could-screw-up-the-next-generation/

Its nothing to do with people choosing to transition from male to female or vice versa.  It certainly has nothing to do with 'virtue signalling'.  Its about a condition some people are born with.  You don't have to believe me, but there is plenty of evidence.

Intersex people are born with sex characteristics (including genitals, gonads and chromosome patterns) that do not fit typical binary notions of male or female bodies.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intersex

R. Gervais

minniemouse

« Reply #9 on: Oct 07, 2019, 11:41:18 PM »
Jamie Lee Curtis was born with both male and female sex organs allegedly.
Smoking kills you, bacon kills you, smoking bacon cures it.

Ashy

« Reply #10 on: Oct 08, 2019, 06:19:05 AM »
The "other" option is for people who do not wish to be defined as either male or female. In the same vein, over the last 25 years or so we have seen many women who do not wish to be defined as married or unmarried. The agenda is leading us to be called "Citizen", so you can work out whose agenda this is.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #11 on: Oct 08, 2019, 06:45:28 AM »
Or 'Comrade'
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

Diasi

« Reply #12 on: Oct 08, 2019, 06:54:09 AM »
Its nothing to do with people choosing to transition from male to female or vice versa.  It certainly has nothing to do with 'virtue signalling'.  Its about a condition some people are born with.  You don't have to believe me, but there is plenty of evidence.

Intersex people are born with sex characteristics (including genitals, gonads and chromosome patterns) that do not fit typical binary notions of male or female bodies.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intersex

The article only shows that they don't fit typical binary notions of male or female bodies, it doesn't show any proof that they're not male or female bodies.

Notion just means a concept or thought.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

Michael Rolls

« Reply #13 on: Oct 08, 2019, 07:04:41 AM »
I can't understand why so many people want to blur what is, in the vast, vast majority of cases, a perfectly clear cut situation. Many years ago I was a keen cyclist and rode a few time trails, with very little success. Had I decided to declare that really, I regarded myself to be a woman, only the late, great Beryl Burton would have been likely to beat me. I can't help but feel that in some instances of 'transgender declaration' it is claimed for perceived personal advantage.
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

Diasi

« Reply #14 on: Oct 08, 2019, 07:07:11 AM »
I can't understand why so many people want to blur what is, in the vast, vast majority of cases, a perfectly clear cut situation. Many years ago I was a keen cyclist and rode a few time trails, with very little success. Had I decided to declare that really, I regarded myself to be a woman, only the late, great Beryl Burton would have been likely to beat me. I can't help but feel that in some instances of 'transgender declaration' it is claimed for perceived personal advantage.
Mike

That's why you never see a photo of Caster Semenya starkers.

Video clip of your typical female. ;D ;D ;D

https://bit.ly/328nHuI