Author Topic: A present?  (Read 2227 times)

Alfred

Re: A present?
« Reply #15 on: Oct 09, 2019, 03:03:11 PM »
how about a paint by numbers, that usually keeps them occupied,

Raven

« Reply #16 on: Oct 09, 2019, 04:48:28 PM »
Spirograph?

I used to love my Spirograph when I was a youngster, I spend hours messing around with it...….Great Idea for a pressie I think.

Akbuk

« Reply #17 on: Oct 09, 2019, 06:22:40 PM »
Happy days when I had a Spirograph...…...this five year old has his own iPad & is fully up to speed on how to use it. His brother is thirteen, wicked footballer & academy linked.
The kite Im sure is something that they both might get into, its only a cheapo £17, so if it flies off or gets stuck in a tree, this fella will not be following it or climbing trees...…...Gone with the Wind will be just that, GONE. I suppose this day & age its stage one heading towards a drone.   
I’m a real he/him.

Akbuk

« Reply #18 on: Oct 13, 2019, 11:25:13 PM »
Flight delayed, car crash on the way to Derby, cars a write off, not a scratch on me. Airbags galore went off, felt like I was being attacked by a bouncy castle...……..I did salvage the kite from the wreckage though.
I’m a real he/him.

zoony

« Reply #19 on: Oct 13, 2019, 11:36:33 PM »
Jeez! Hope no-one was seriously hurt..Good news about the kite though. Hope you get there safely.
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

mick607

« Reply #20 on: Oct 14, 2019, 04:39:15 AM »
Flight delayed, car crash on the way to Derby, cars a write off, not a scratch on me. Airbags galore went off, felt like I was being attacked by a bouncy castle...……..I did salvage the kite from the wreckage though.
So pleased to know you are OK.

GrannyMac

« Reply #21 on: Oct 14, 2019, 07:09:47 AM »
Glad you're OK Akbuk! I hope the kite is a success.
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

Scrumpy

« Reply #22 on: Oct 14, 2019, 08:36:00 AM »

Just goes to show that kites are sturdy and able to stand up to any impact.
I think your choice of a present was spot on.  :D

Glad you are ok.. Horrible thing to happen.
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

Akbuk

« Reply #23 on: Oct 14, 2019, 11:07:07 AM »
Theres a story to come...…….Im pretty sure if I had been in any lesser sturdy built vehicle, I would be looking down at kite flying instead of looking up. I was hit by a loaded cattle truck. My motor was a year old this month a Range Rover Velar, the lorry dragged me about 50 feet before coming to a halt. Nobody hurt, including the cattle. I got out via the back window. Full Monty arrived from the emergency services. Its all on my dashcam (a must for everyone IMO). Not bothered one bit about the car, I lease my vehicles now, so it will be replaced.

I’m a real he/him.

Diasi

« Reply #24 on: Oct 14, 2019, 12:31:58 PM »
Theres a story to come...…….Im pretty sure if I had been in any lesser sturdy built vehicle, I would be looking down at kite flying instead of looking up. I was hit by a loaded cattle truck. My motor was a year old this month a Range Rover Velar, the lorry dragged me about 50 feet before coming to a halt. Nobody hurt, including the cattle. I got out via the back window. Full Monty arrived from the emergency services. Its all on my dashcam (a must for everyone IMO). Not bothered one bit about the car, I lease my vehicles now, so it will be replaced.

Glad you're ok, were you on the A38?

Stick it on YouTube & give us the link. ;D
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

Akbuk

« Reply #25 on: Oct 14, 2019, 01:00:09 PM »
Glad you're ok, were you on the A38?

Stick it on YouTube & give us the link. ;D

I was coming off the M42, the lorry was along side me & decided to throw a left and just took me along with him.

TBH D, I wouldn't know how to put anything on YouTube, plenty of people using their mobiles were filming the aftermath though.
I did feel sorry for the lorry driver, seemed to be in shock, funny thing was at the time of the accident I was blasting out Dire Straits in the car.
Thirty years back I would've been in bits over my car being wrote off, now I couldn't care less...…...more important things in life ie missing the little fellas birthday party.
I’m a real he/him.

Sheila

« Reply #26 on: Oct 14, 2019, 01:31:35 PM »
I'm pleased you are ok Akbuk.  Just think of all the phone calls you could get now from ambulance chaser lawyers.  Instead of telling them to 'go away' you can say 'yes, yes, yes'.

Floydian

« Reply #27 on: Oct 14, 2019, 01:45:53 PM »
That reminds me, it's probably high time i put my ppi claim in... ;D
"Unbelievable, Jeff...."