Author Topic: the Queen,  (Read 796 times)

Alfred

the Queen,
« on: Oct 08, 2019, 07:47:54 AM »
Im sure many of us respect the queen for the service she has done in greeting ambassadors from around the world, doing her part in helping to cement good relations with many common wealth nations,

and the ceremony that is laid on for presidents, how ever once she goes who in the royal family is most likely to succeed her and carry on doing what she has done for over sixty years ,

when looking at the royals I cannot think of one who will fill her shoes,

Q; do you have any thoughts on who will succeed her when her time is up, ???

Michael Rolls

Re: the Queen,
« Reply #1 on: Oct 08, 2019, 07:49:46 AM »
Unless he dies before she does - Charles - it's written in blood
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

ronyork

« Reply #2 on: Oct 08, 2019, 08:57:50 AM »
Well looking at a group of interbred plonkers, cannot promote one, Time for a president

StephenM123

« Reply #3 on: Oct 08, 2019, 09:08:33 AM »
Bar untoward events it will be either Prince Charles or Prince William. I would be more than happy with either!

Scrumpy

« Reply #4 on: Oct 08, 2019, 10:02:11 AM »

Charles and Camilla .. They will do a good job..
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

GrannyMac

« Reply #5 on: Oct 08, 2019, 10:11:49 AM »
Well looking at a group of interbred plonkers, cannot promote one, Time for a president

Some of them have such good reputations and do so much for their citizens!  Mr Putin?  Kim Jong-Un?   I'd rather have Queenie, then Charlie.

There will always be some with more privilege than others.  Fact of life.  I'd rather have our Royals (maybe not Andy and his lot) than the alternatives.
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

mick607

« Reply #6 on: Oct 08, 2019, 10:16:30 AM »
Sack the lot of them. They don't live in the real world. They are a luxury we could do well without.As ronyork says time for an elected president instead.

Diasi

« Reply #7 on: Oct 08, 2019, 10:39:53 AM »
Some of them have such good reputations and do so much for their citizens!  Mr Putin?  Kim Jong-Un?  I'd rather have Queenie, then Charlie.

There will always be some with more privilege than others.  Fact of life.  I'd rather have our Royals (maybe not Andy and his lot) than the alternatives.

We have a President to all intents & purposes, we just call ours a Prime Minister.

If the Royal Family was abolished tomorrow it wouldn't make one jot of difference to how the country was run.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

ronyork

« Reply #8 on: Oct 08, 2019, 11:28:03 AM »
Make me feel better, The royals are mainly a bunch of parasites living in a do as I say not as  I do society, living the high life (they and the creeps around them call it work) attending all the sport highlights travelling the world at my expense waited on hand to foot by flunkies . They belong in a bygone age half of them are a b----y disgrace Fergie for a start working herself back, Andy a great example. and we are to look up to these people, at least if we had a president we could get rid of them,

Michael Rolls

« Reply #9 on: Oct 08, 2019, 11:35:35 AM »
Yeah, let's ask Putin to take over - let Corbyn have his way and that's the next step
Mike

crabbyob

« Reply #10 on: Oct 08, 2019, 11:43:10 AM »
well i swore allegiance to her about sixty years ago, and that means something to me
i'm not sure about Charlie, its in our constitution that the King may NOT marry either a Catholic nor a divorced woman [which is why Edward abdicated] and Charles has done both... so should step aside for William... i wonder if William might change his name as his great-grandfather did?
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

Michael Rolls

« Reply #11 on: Oct 08, 2019, 11:45:19 AM »
well i swore allegiance to her about sixty years ago, and that means something to me
i'm not sure about Charlie, its in our constitution that the King may NOT marry either a Catholic nor a divorced woman [which is why Edward abdicated] and Charles has done both... so should step aside for William... i wonder if William might change his name as his great-grandfather did?
So did I - 1956 - and I try to keep my promises
Mike

ronyork

« Reply #12 on: Oct 08, 2019, 12:07:54 PM »
I did that also in 1952 did not mean much then,  the same now , and in MY thinking did not mean much to the others in my intake! most of us did not what it was all about .

Michael Rolls

« Reply #13 on: Oct 08, 2019, 12:21:10 PM »
Countries that have a president include North Korea, Zimbabwe, Venezuela, Russia, Pakistan, and, I am sure others that don't impress me, which I am too idle to seek out. I would suggest that what we have is more acceptable to most - if given a free voice - than those I quote. What would be BETTER about an elected president?
Mike

ronyork

« Reply #14 on: Oct 08, 2019, 12:23:00 PM »
We could get rid!