Author Topic: Local Radio  (Read 82 times)

StephenM123

Local Radio
« on: Oct 08, 2019, 08:17:43 AM »
I have commented about local radio in the past. Over the past few months mist have been on holiday for two or three weeks with stand-ins in place. All of them have done an excellent job. One commented they were on a far lower salary. One wonders why the BBC keeps the more expensive ones in place. It is local radio so does not need any big name just a reasnobly competent individual.

The worse are the early morning ones when I usually catch the headlines and traffic and turn off/over. It is like having a bunch of school kids presenting although I suspect some could do it better.

Moan over!

Diasi

Re: Local Radio
« Reply #1 on: Oct 08, 2019, 08:25:01 AM »
It must be 25 years since I've listened to a radio.
Make every day count. Every day is precious.

crabbyob

« Reply #2 on: Oct 08, 2019, 11:59:41 AM »
in India i say Alexa, find bbc radio two
other than that if i'm alone i listen in the car
but funnily enough turn it off to reverse...lol
every hill has a down side, even Benny Hill

Alex22

« Reply #3 on: Oct 08, 2019, 03:21:10 PM »
I listen to local radio when i turn off LBC at 10am   ;D    I don't think the presenters are paid vast sums as I don't suppose anyone outside the area has heard of them.
I'm looking forward to summer, the rain gets warmer.

StephenM123

« Reply #4 on: Yesterday at 06:16:53 AM »
I spent a few days away last week and sadly found the local radio of a similar poor quality. The accuracy of traffic reports definitely needs improving!

Raven

« Reply #5 on: Yesterday at 12:40:50 PM »
We only listen to BBC Radio Scotland, I love the phone In Shoes, the Audio Book Programmes, and the talk shows. News and Travel on the hour. Suits me just fine...