Author Topic: Local Radio  (Read 361 times)

StephenM123

Local Radio
« on: Oct 08, 2019, 08:17:43 AM »
I have commented about local radio in the past. Over the past few months mist have been on holiday for two or three weeks with stand-ins in place. All of them have done an excellent job. One commented they were on a far lower salary. One wonders why the BBC keeps the more expensive ones in place. It is local radio so does not need any big name just a reasnobly competent individual.

The worse are the early morning ones when I usually catch the headlines and traffic and turn off/over. It is like having a bunch of school kids presenting although I suspect some could do it better.

Moan over!

Diasi

Re: Local Radio
« Reply #1 on: Oct 08, 2019, 08:25:01 AM »
It must be 25 years since I've listened to a radio.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

crabbyob

« Reply #2 on: Oct 08, 2019, 11:59:41 AM »
in India i say Alexa, find bbc radio two
other than that if i'm alone i listen in the car
but funnily enough turn it off to reverse...lol
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

Alex22

« Reply #3 on: Oct 08, 2019, 03:21:10 PM »
I listen to local radio when i turn off LBC at 10am   ;D    I don't think the presenters are paid vast sums as I don't suppose anyone outside the area has heard of them.

StephenM123

« Reply #4 on: Oct 21, 2019, 06:16:53 AM »
I spent a few days away last week and sadly found the local radio of a similar poor quality. The accuracy of traffic reports definitely needs improving!

Raven

« Reply #5 on: Oct 21, 2019, 12:40:50 PM »
We only listen to BBC Radio Scotland, I love the phone In Shoes, the Audio Book Programmes, and the talk shows. News and Travel on the hour. Suits me just fine...