Author Topic: The shrinking economy  (Read 1238 times)

digitalis

The shrinking economy
« on: Oct 08, 2019, 02:21:58 PM »

A cycle into town revealed yet more desolate shops today. Pizza Express...to go. Jamies and Carluccio's already gone. Debenhams to go. Thomas Cook gone. Lottsa shops,more closing. I see with growing automation more outsourcing less wages,less spending more closures. I see more employment in 20hr part time jobs or self employment the new 'growth area'. As this shrinks wages with more immigrants moving into the country, I envisage even slower wage growth. Yet to have growth within the country you have to have some salary to spend. I don't understand it all. I am trying to square the circle wherein we have to have more growth but which can only come through consumerism which relies upon us spending dosh which equates to us buying more stuff that is draining and killing the earth of resources(still more so,other species)

Can anyone here work out the mathematics?

I can only see a purposeful employed sustainable peopled earth going back to furrowing fields with horses.

I accept I am of only limited intelligence but I have yet to hear one of our Great Minds offer any solution other than my own enfeebled one written above. I understand that the lords of the BBC might offer some dribble,but as they inter-marry on their 200k+ salaries you will forgive me for thinking they have yet more books,tv shows and newspaper deadlines and dosh to pocket.

Any solutions out there?

Or shall I give this one a miss as once our species rolls over some other better species takes our place. (Think roaches,lice and so on. I hear their decent mums and dads to their offspring...and they make do without fashion,techno-gizmo stuff,high salried executives)

All suggestions welcomed

crabbyob

Re: The shrinking economy
« Reply #1 on: Oct 08, 2019, 03:17:06 PM »
i suggest you stop worrying about it, there are more important issues...
get your red dress out and get to Londinium, chain yourself to a well endowed lady
then relax... just go with the flow..
i read once a large percentage of a sheeps breath is pure methane...
so why arent they out cutting sheeps throats?.. ;D
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

mick607

« Reply #2 on: Oct 08, 2019, 04:32:56 PM »
My suggestion would be to halt immigration from 6pm tonight except for skilled workers with a job lined up paying £40k pa or more.A few on here won't like it but we have to start looking after our own people first instead of being the world's dumping ground for scroungers, no-hopers & leeches & criminal elements.

Goingtoseed

« Reply #3 on: Oct 08, 2019, 06:31:27 PM »

A few on here won't like it but we have to start looking after our own people first instead of being the world's dumping ground for scroungers, no-hopers & leeches & criminal elements.

There are plenty of those types that were born here from a white background - a few more won't make much of a difference!

I could explain in great detail on how to avoid having to work from the age of 18 and yet have a reasonable level of income for the rest of their lives - you just have to know how the system works.

GrannyMac

« Reply #4 on: Oct 08, 2019, 08:02:47 PM »
My suggestion would be to halt immigration from 6pm tonight except for skilled workers with a job lined up paying £40k pa or more.A few on here won't like it but we have to start looking after our own people first instead of being the world's dumping ground for scroungers, no-hopers & leeches & criminal elements.

If they're scroungers, no hopers and leeches, how are they preventing 'our own people' from earning a living?
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

Diasi

« Reply #5 on: Oct 09, 2019, 09:05:05 AM »
There are plenty of those types that were born here from a white background - a few more won't make much of a difference!

I could explain in great detail on how to avoid having to work from the age of 18 and yet have a reasonable level of income for the rest of their lives - you just have to know how the system works.

I could explain in equal detail how three generations of families have avoided work all their lives.

That's no valid reason to keep importing more & more.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

Jacqueline

« Reply #6 on: Oct 09, 2019, 10:17:34 AM »

These high skilled immigrants are the only ones who we should take into our country.  If these were the only immigrants we accepted from way back, we wouldn't have places in inner cities and towns that look like the slums of India, Africa etc.

The town in North London where I was born you couldn't even call multicultural, as our culture and people have all but disappeared.  The last time I was there in the 1990s I felt like I was on the set of a Dirty Harry film, dubious types lurking in doorways, a very uneasy feeling in the place I used walk carefree in my youth. My birthplace has been ethically cleansed.

Diasi

« Reply #7 on: Oct 09, 2019, 10:34:04 AM »

These high skilled immigrants are the only ones who we should take into our country.  If these were the only immigrants we accepted from way back, we wouldn't have places in inner cities and towns that look like the slums of India, Africa etc.

The town in North London where I was born you couldn't even call multicultural, as our culture and people have all but disappeared.  The last time I was there in the 1990s I felt like I was on the set of a Dirty Harry film, dubious types lurking in doorways, a very uneasy feeling in the place I used walk carefree in my youth. My birthplace has been ethically cleansed.

There are several ex-Londoners who all say the same thing.

However, you do realise that our multicultural embracing friends will tell you that it's you who are out of step by looking back to the past & refusing to see the vibrant cultural contribution that multiculturalism has given to London.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

crabbyob

« Reply #8 on: Oct 09, 2019, 10:39:33 AM »
vibrant cultural contribution...= riots?... ;D
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

sparky

« Reply #9 on: Oct 09, 2019, 10:47:58 AM »

However, you do realise that our multicultural embracing friends will tell you that it's you who are out of step by looking back to the past & refusing to see the vibrant cultural contribution that multiculturalism has given to London.

YEAH MY ARSE

crabbyob

« Reply #10 on: Oct 10, 2019, 10:14:08 AM »
you have a wonderful thrift of words dear Sparky
a great descriptor

sparky

« Reply #11 on: Oct 10, 2019, 10:28:56 AM »
crabbyob, Yeah why detail it in chapter and verse, when a few words describe it accurately

Diasi

« Reply #12 on: Oct 10, 2019, 11:36:51 AM »

YEAH MY ARSE

;D ;D ;D

Goingtoseed

« Reply #13 on: Oct 10, 2019, 05:06:48 PM »
There are several ex-Londoners who all say the same thing.

Not too sure if that is a 'tongue in the cheek' comment.

My extended family and generations before them all hail from and around Blackburn in Lancashire. Everyone has moved out of the area now as they were made to feel not wanted by the large number of immigrants that have made it their home instead. The church were I was christened is now a mosque. The school that I went to is now an Islamic Centre.
I went there a few months ago and found that 'white person' was in a minority. Where is this integration - more like a take over. I just don't recognise any of the shops or what they are supposed to sell - everything is sign written in anything but English.

It's hard not to look back - it's so sad.

I feel sorry for those that are left and their children who are probably the only white faces in a class of 30!!
Where I then lived - in Oldham the same thing has happened there. Mind you the white community in Oldham has been fighting to retain their heritage for years with the young whites having street battles with the Asian community to ascertain their right to live in a cosmopolitan area and not having to put up with what happened to the sister town of Blackburn. 

30 years ago I moved my family down to the South East - my old friends up North now tell me that it is the best thing that I could have done.

Goingtoseed

« Reply #14 on: Oct 10, 2019, 05:14:34 PM »

YEAH MY ARSE

I would dare anybody to walk round Dagenham brandishing the Union flag - if you are lucky you might get stabbed instead of being shot by the locals!