Author Topic: Extinction Rebellion (again)  (Read 1612 times)

xetog

Extinction Rebellion (again)
« on: Oct 08, 2019, 08:17:47 PM »
I am sure here is a thread about this somewhere else, but I can't find it, so can I just ask why the police don't just load the demonstrators into coaches and run them up to John-o-Groats and drop them off to walk back.  Cheap and effective I would have thought?

Incidentally, we will all be dead in 12 years?  I may be, but where is the scientific basis for that claim?  Since the GW hoax began the temperature has not really increased (or nowhere near as much as was promised)  the seas have risen only marginally, Hurricanes and forest fires have decreased instead of the increases forecast.  Will nobody ask them some real questions and preferably stop their benefits because they are not looking for work?

Mike.X
If you want to control peoples thoughts, first control their words.

Michael Rolls

Re: Extinction Rebellion (again)
« Reply #1 on: Oct 08, 2019, 09:10:14 PM »
They live in their own alternative reality
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

crabbyob

« Reply #2 on: Oct 08, 2019, 09:20:12 PM »
they would rename it Joan Of Groates
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

Michael Rolls

« Reply #3 on: Oct 08, 2019, 09:22:27 PM »
Or even neuter of Groats
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

sarahbilly 1

« Reply #4 on: Oct 08, 2019, 09:52:09 PM »
stop their benefits? wish I knew how many of the est. 10,000 protesters relied on benefits, I have no intention of disagreeing with science, I am sure they have better brains than me, imo,  the protesters are helping to keep those who can make a difference focused.

stellamaris

« Reply #5 on: Oct 08, 2019, 10:25:00 PM »
, imo,  the protesters are helping to keep those who can make a difference focused.

Naw - they just hate conservatives, or anyone happier than them.
Keep on chooglin' - John Fogerty
Pronouns: She/Her/Beautiful/Wondrous one/Dearest Heart

sarahbilly 1

« Reply #6 on: Oct 08, 2019, 10:27:46 PM »
stella, who, the protesters or the science community?

stellamaris

« Reply #7 on: Oct 08, 2019, 10:36:56 PM »
The protesters - the ones that all recite from the same script and who look confused and panicky  when anyone tries to debate with them.  That's why they get their kids to spout all the scary stuff like we will be dead in 12 years unless we all more or less stop living today and we have to take them seriously.   All too Midwich Cuckoo for me [with emphasis on the Cuckoo ;D ]
Keep on chooglin' - John Fogerty
Pronouns: She/Her/Beautiful/Wondrous one/Dearest Heart

sarahbilly 1

« Reply #8 on: Oct 08, 2019, 10:49:24 PM »
stella, I am no expert, however I have read about and heard the science community give opinions and data about how the climate is changing, I take their opinions to be the best I have,   climate change, may not have an impact for many years, say for example 100 yrs. if it was happening now after 100/200 yrs, I don't think I would be happy with the previous generations. if I had to watch my grand children suffer the consequences, surely it cant do any harm to go along with the science.

Diasi

« Reply #9 on: Oct 09, 2019, 07:02:05 AM »
stella, I am no expert, however I have read about and heard the science community give opinions and data about how the climate is changing, I take their opinions to be the best I have,   climate change, may not have an impact for many years, say for example 100 yrs. if it was happening now after 100/200 yrs, I don't think I would be happy with the previous generations. if I had to watch my grand children suffer the consequences, surely it cant do any harm to go along with the science.

By science do you mean just the science that supports your view?
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

Diasi

« Reply #10 on: Oct 09, 2019, 07:41:26 AM »
I am sure here is a thread about this somewhere else, but I can't find it, so can I just ask why the police don't just load the demonstrators into coaches and run them up to John-o-Groats and drop them off to walk back.  Cheap and effective I would have thought?

Incidentally, we will all be dead in 12 years?  I may be, but where is the scientific basis for that claim?  Since the GW hoax began the temperature has not really increased (or nowhere near as much as was promised)  the seas have risen only marginally, Hurricanes and forest fires have decreased instead of the increases forecast.  Will nobody ask them some real questions and preferably stop their benefits because they are not looking for work?

Mike.X

Ice core sample analysis can look at climates from 800,000 years ago & they show many changes.

An interesting fact is that these ice cores show that CO2 emission increases lag behind temperature increases, in other words the earths temperature increased before the CO2 emissions rose.

This isn't what the global warming proponents wanted to see so there's now a race on to try & show the ice core sample are misleading.

I bet they wouldn't be doing that if the ice cores had shown a direct link between CO2 & temperature spikes.

If the virtue-signalling climate protesters wanted to do a really useful protest they'd all be chained to a D8 in the Amazon rain forest.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

Traveller

« Reply #11 on: Oct 09, 2019, 07:53:26 AM »
I'm sick of the authorities not taking a harder line against these rabble who are simply determined to cause as much misery as possible. They will not make the slightest difference to climate.  Hope it pours on them.

Anyway, I'm thinking of having my own counter-protest.  Using my diesel powered van instead of walking, burning my waste instead of recycling it, eating more meat and cutting down on vegetables.
You'll have had your tea.

Scrumpy

« Reply #12 on: Oct 09, 2019, 08:19:45 AM »

Just another RAVE.. Only it's FREE..
 Italy are having a great time at their RAVE..

To some it's a free camping site in a prime position to see the sights of London..
 It can cost hundreds to have a week-end away in such areas.
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

Diasi

« Reply #13 on: Oct 09, 2019, 08:21:16 AM »
I'm sick of the authorities not taking a harder line against these rabble who are simply determined to cause as much misery as possible. They will not make the slightest difference to climate.  Hope it pours on them.

Anyway, I'm thinking of having my own counter-protest.  Using my diesel powered van instead of walking, burning my waste instead of recycling it, eating more meat and cutting down on vegetables.

The climate protesters are like all waste-of-space protesters.

E.g. The Amnesty International protesters take the safe option of protesting in the safety of the UK instead of going to North Korea to protest.

crabbyob

« Reply #14 on: Oct 09, 2019, 10:37:04 AM »
its like the save Wales protests
why cant we have a save England protest?
oops is that what this is? a save Engerland protest
why cant we have a save Scotland protest....

i wonder how many of these protesters transferred from the Brexit mob
i wonder how many LIVE in Westminster, are there plenty of toilets?....                                                      theres the soloution, close the toilets.. ;D
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”