Author Topic: No Loo Rolls.  (Read 2531 times)

Raven

No Loo Rolls.
« on: Oct 09, 2019, 12:12:29 PM »

Hmmmmmm, Well I'm not sure how true this is, OR, if it's another scare story. But I'm glad I did as I said several months ago and built up a stock of toilet rolls. Did anyone else? ???
I was at Tesco this morning for a few things and noticed the shelf that holds them was looking a bit low of stock. :o
I'm also building up a stock of dog food, I can't explain to the hairy one why he's got no dinner, so I'm making sure he has.. 8)

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1097716/brexit-news-no-deal-toilet-paper-crisis-run-out-toilet-roll-uk

sparky

Re: No Loo Rolls.
« Reply #1 on: Oct 09, 2019, 12:22:25 PM »
Well that's a another devious load of b******s at  this time  by loo roll manufacturers to con everybody into rushing out  rush to buy their products,

Raven

« Reply #2 on: Oct 09, 2019, 12:25:16 PM »
Yes I wondered that too Sparky But, what if it's not? Anyways I just bought a pack every time I was in Tesco, same with the dog food. None of it will go to waste, all will be used up.

Diasi

« Reply #3 on: Oct 09, 2019, 12:34:36 PM »
The Remainer businesses are relying on panic-buyers to make their ridiculous predictions happen.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

Butterpuff

« Reply #4 on: Oct 09, 2019, 12:59:36 PM »
Hmmmmmm, Well I'm not sure how true this is, OR, if it's another scare story. But I'm glad I did as I said several months ago and built up a stock of toilet rolls. Did anyone else? ???
I was at Tesco this morning for a few things and noticed the shelf that holds them was looking a bit low of stock. :o
I'm also building up a stock of dog food, I can't explain to the hairy one why he's got no dinner, so I'm making sure he ha

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1097716/brexit-news-no-deal-toilet-paper-crisis-run-out-toilet-roll-uk

Butterpuff

« Reply #5 on: Oct 09, 2019, 01:03:34 PM »
don't see what harm it can do...I too have a stock of loo rolls and other necessities, and I know other people who have

sparky

« Reply #6 on: Oct 09, 2019, 01:16:34 PM »
Well if it comes to it, having lived  in poorest London during the war, I don't think I saw  a loo roll till was about 14, so I will enjoy the nostalgic experience of  reading cut up sheets of the Daily Mirror, before using them.

Raven

« Reply #7 on: Oct 09, 2019, 01:17:24 PM »
don't see what harm it can do...I too have a stock of loo rolls and other necessities, and I know other people who have

I wouldn't call what I do panic buying, just an extra pack of toilet rolls and an extra packet of dog biscuits a week for the last few months. No harm in taking a few precautions just incase. As you say Butterpuff, we aren't the only ones. Personally I hope it does turn out to be all scare stories then I won't be buying dog food or toilet rolls for a wee while. ;D

Butterpuff

« Reply #8 on: Oct 09, 2019, 01:25:32 PM »
exactly Raven ,at this time of year I always but extra every week so that I don't have loads to buy at Christmas or new year,and it doesn't go to waste :)

Diasi

« Reply #9 on: Oct 09, 2019, 01:31:34 PM »
We buy ours in bulk from Amazon.

The only downside is that they can't be delivered very discreetly.

Still, they keep us going for a bit.  ;D ;D ;D
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

Maddie Malone

« Reply #10 on: Oct 09, 2019, 01:52:19 PM »
There will always be newspapers around if there is a shortage 😀

Diasi

« Reply #11 on: Oct 09, 2019, 02:00:37 PM »
There will always be newspapers around if there is a shortage 😀

Yes, that's the main point of buying the Guardian.

StephenM123

« Reply #12 on: Oct 09, 2019, 03:05:22 PM »
Daily Fail is more relevant as full of s**t!

Sheila

« Reply #13 on: Oct 09, 2019, 03:10:12 PM »
There is a cafe in New Brighton, Wirral called 'Remember When'.  It is full of old photographs which brought back happy memories and old china teacups etc.  When I went to the loo I just burst out laughing.  There were old potties and squares of newspaper hanging from a piece of string next to the toilet.

Alex22

« Reply #14 on: Oct 09, 2019, 04:53:19 PM »
Never mind if we run out of loo rolls, Aldi will come to the rescue.