Author Topic: Silly Social Worker.  (Read 71 times)

brian54

Silly Social Worker.
« on: Oct 09, 2019, 02:25:06 PM »
I went with a lady to see the Social Worker today about her step mother.
The father had left the bungalow to her on condition she let the step mother live in it until death or going in to care.
I had a job to convince the Social worker the step mother was not the owner and it could not be sold for care fees.
We had the land certificate with us clearly showing the daughter as the full owner since 2011.

StephenM123

Re: Silly Social Worker.
« Reply #1 on: Oct 09, 2019, 03:03:41 PM »
I wonder if the Social Workers' Forum has Silly Brian posts?

I get the impression that social workers are told to try and get payment! With my late mother they kept trying to get me to increase my contribution despite the agreement being that I only paid the extra over the council's maximum payment. This was to get a slightly better home for mum.

brian54

Re: Silly Social Worker.
« Reply #2 on: Oct 09, 2019, 04:35:44 PM »
I wonder if the Social Workers' Forum has Silly Brian posts?

I get the impression that social workers are told to try and get payment! With my late mother they kept trying to get me to increase my contribution despite the agreement being that I only paid the extra over the council's maximum payment. This was to get a slightly better home for mum.
I think you are correct they try to get payment. Some people must fall for it but I can not see too many people accepting they will have to sell property which the patient does not own especially when they have been on the land certificate for 8 years.
« Last Edit: Oct 09, 2019, 09:39:40 PM by brian54 »