Author Topic: Bad Moods.  (Read 950 times)

Raven

Bad Moods.
« on: Oct 09, 2019, 03:24:53 PM »
Has anyone else noticed the bad mood everywhere? Both out on the street and on forums. I think it's all down to this blasted Brexit....Or lack of it, and everyone's wondering what's going to happen next.  :'( It's making folk restless, uptight and snappy, when you can normally have a laugh and bit of banter with them. :(

Alex22

Re: Bad Moods.
« Reply #1 on: Oct 09, 2019, 04:41:35 PM »
People are uptight and snappy and I think it's understandable myself, given what's going on or not going on at the moment.   As Boris says "Let's get Brexit done " then the real work can start.   ;D

Raven

« Reply #2 on: Oct 09, 2019, 04:45:37 PM »
I agree Alex22, I just wish it was all done n dusted..

zoony

« Reply #3 on: Oct 09, 2019, 05:05:32 PM »
I wish there were less B***** and politics generally on this site.
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

Alex22

« Reply #4 on: Oct 09, 2019, 06:01:50 PM »
The site wouldn't survive with just games Zoony.  Some people enjoy the Politics threads, me for instance even though I don't profess to know all about it.  You could always ignore Politics if it ****** you off that much  8)

GrannyMac

« Reply #5 on: Oct 09, 2019, 06:39:31 PM »
I'm with you Alex.  I don't profess to be very knowledgeable, but just sometimes, I may learn something.   I do react when perhaps I shouldn't to blanket negative comments. However, I'm not grumpy, I'm generally a glass half full person. And I keep topping it up.....🍸🍷🍹. Cheers!
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

Scrumpy

« Reply #6 on: Oct 09, 2019, 06:45:49 PM »
I wish there were less B***** and politics generally on this site.

I agree with you Zoony.. Far too much Bollox on this site. ;D
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

MARTIN

« Reply #7 on: Oct 09, 2019, 08:18:21 PM »
We agree with you and think all the  wars and emigrants we see it all on TV and find it impossible to switch of from .

Ode Iron

« Reply #8 on: Oct 09, 2019, 08:44:05 PM »
Interesting subject matter..there is a lot of political debate on here...but nothing seems to get very nasty or personal..which i find good- in comparison to that nasty Notts site. Living outside of England for nigh on 27 years..i see the failure to implement Brexit as a basic betrayal of the system Britain has in place...the referendum swung in the leave favour..now some have said " that referendums are not legally binding..or like here in Eire...we had 2 referendums til' they got what they wanted.
Where does this end?..so i can refuse to pay the shop 56p for that tin of beans...or do 50 mph instead of 30. From what i have seen- this rocking of our fundamentals has rippled outwardly and onto a site such as this and dominating the post contents.
I don't mind...i enjoy the one liners from most on here...showing that humour has not gone.I only visit the PF once or twice a day...but it gives me a good social barometer..(if that is a real phrase?)
What worries me is the amount of cash spent on trying to overturn that Brexit election by the remainers..AND the TV channels...hospitals, cancer units, home help services would have benefited. A pure waste from a Govt that claims it is cash strapped. Bit like the bloke on everyones street..'he don't work..but is in the bookies, boozes and smokes 20 a day!
Maybe one day..rag rugs, Ovaltine, Top Of The Form and Six Five Special will dominate our lovely forum.
Tight Lines...Ode Iron.
Masks are muzzles

Maddie Malone

« Reply #9 on: Oct 09, 2019, 08:48:08 PM »
You just brought the memory back of the ovaltine mug I used to have with that weird handle 😊

Ode Iron

« Reply #10 on: Oct 09, 2019, 08:51:07 PM »
Pet Clark was in the old ads many years ago...the Horlicks mug had no hole in the handle..
Cheers Maddiex
Masks are muzzles

zoony

« Reply #11 on: Oct 09, 2019, 08:51:26 PM »
The site wouldn't survive with just games Zoony.  Some people enjoy the Politics threads, me for instance even though I don't profess to know all about it.  You could always ignore Politics if it ****** you off that much  8)

I'm aware that the site wouldn't survive on just games Alex, I wasn't suggesting that it should. I'm not knocking political threads in general either, I can easily ignore those I have no interest in, my wider point is that some days it's nothing but! I sometimes wonder if more people would participate if we lightened up a bit.

cowboy wisdom.

zoony

« Reply #12 on: Oct 09, 2019, 08:53:30 PM »
Interesting subject matter..there is a lot of political debate on here...but nothing seems to get very nasty or personal..which i find good- in comparison to that nasty Notts site. Living outside of England for nigh on 27 years..i see the failure to implement Brexit as a basic betrayal of the system Britain has in place...the referendum swung in the leave favour..now some have said " that referendums are not legally binding..or like here in Eire...we had 2 referendums til' they got what they wanted.
Where does this end?..so i can refuse to pay the shop 56p for that tin of beans...or do 50 mph instead of 30. From what i have seen- this rocking of our fundamentals has rippled outwardly and onto a site such as this and dominating the post contents.
I don't mind...i enjoy the one liners from most on here...showing that humour has not gone.I only visit the PF once or twice a day...but it gives me a good social barometer..(if that is a real phrase?)
What worries me is the amount of cash spent on trying to overturn that Brexit election by the remainers..AND the TV channels...hospitals, cancer units, home help services would have benefited. A pure waste from a Govt that claims it is cash strapped. Bit like the bloke on everyones street..'he don't work..but is in the bookies, boozes and smokes 20 a day!
Maybe one day..rag rugs, Ovaltine, Top Of The Form and Six Five Special will dominate our lovely forum.
Tight Lines...Ode Iron.

Sorry Ode but you're making my point for me..Everything gets pulled back to that!

cowboy wisdom.

Ode Iron

« Reply #13 on: Oct 09, 2019, 08:56:08 PM »
I follow you Zoony..bit like those old B&W films..they all seemed to say:
"Don't you know there's a war on?"
Masks are muzzles

mick607

« Reply #14 on: Oct 09, 2019, 09:50:58 PM »
Talking of B & W films in our residents lounge tomorrow afternoon is a screening of Saturday Night & Sunday morning.
I could have lent them a dvd of the film  !!!