Author Topic: Euromillions UK Jackpot Winner  (Read 4391 times)

Maddie Malone

Euromillions UK Jackpot Winner
« on: Oct 09, 2019, 09:00:37 PM »
Someone in the U.K. won the 170 million    jackpot last night .
What would you do with all that money ?

Raven

Re: Euromillions UK Jackpot Winner
« Reply #1 on: Oct 09, 2019, 09:16:42 PM »
No idea actually, apart from seeing my family sorted. I expect I would have the house redone over both inside and out, get another 4x4 as I miss my Zuki terribly.
I love living on a farm, I love where it is and I'd never leave the Scottish Highlands. Also not one for travelling.. Soooo  ::)

Alex22

« Reply #2 on: Oct 09, 2019, 09:22:07 PM »
First thing for me would be a new car, my 14 year old Fiesta is feeling its age.Sort the family out, friends too.  Then I'd buy some land and build a designated animal shelter/hospital something Ive always wanted to do.  I know my local vet very well and I think she'd be up for it too !   ;D Dreams eh  ?    8)

Diasi

« Reply #3 on: Oct 09, 2019, 09:29:58 PM »
Then I'd buy some land and build a designated animal shelter/hospital something Ive always wanted to do.  I know my local vet very well and I think she'd be up for it too !   ;D Dreams eh  ?    8)

Some people would find out.

Then we'd do something similar to you with an animal rescue centre.

Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

zoony

« Reply #4 on: Oct 09, 2019, 10:15:16 PM »
  I wish 'em luck. They now have new, full-time jobs protecting themselves and it.
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

GrannyMac

« Reply #5 on: Oct 09, 2019, 10:58:06 PM »
 I'd want to stay under wraps, buy a comfortable bungalow and a wee holiday home in Scotland. I'd ensure our loved ones had a tidy  nest egg, then get rid of the rest to a variety of causes.  Perhaps I'd buy a block of flats and put in the funds to get some of the homeless the help they need as well as a roof. 

Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

zoony

« Reply #6 on: Oct 09, 2019, 11:02:39 PM »
  What's happened to your roof Mac??

cowboy wisdom.

GrannyMac

« Reply #7 on: Oct 09, 2019, 11:07:05 PM »
  What's happened to your roof Mac??

Ha! My grammar was bad.  Probably the rhubarb infused gin I had earlier.   ::)
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

zoony

« Reply #8 on: Oct 09, 2019, 11:16:21 PM »
God Bless yer bowels girl.  ;D

cowboy wisdom.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #9 on: Oct 10, 2019, 05:12:19 AM »
Unless I live to 100 or so, and Corbyn and Sturgeon denied their avaristic dreams, I have enough money for my needs and no wish to leave this house other than in a box. So, a couple of million to Veronica’s children (my stepchildren), my late brothers four boys and Veronica’s three siblings. Then charitable causes - RNLI, Dog’s Trust, CAFOD, RAF Benevolent Fund, Salvation Army, Help for Heroes, and a few others after more thought. Anything left over I would give to Brian if he would promise to stop banging on about pensions and the strange people he meets (joke!). Oh and one extravagance. I would buy one of these very expensive bottles of wine, costing thousands, and drink it to see if I could see any reason for it costing so much, or whether, as I believe, it’s just snobbery
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

Scrumpy

« Reply #10 on: Oct 10, 2019, 08:44:21 AM »

I have an unchecked ticket.. I thought I would leave it that way.. If nobody comes forward,I know that I'm in with a chance.. 
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

Raven

« Reply #11 on: Oct 10, 2019, 11:05:36 AM »

I have an unchecked ticket.. I thought I would leave it that way.. If nobody comes forward,I know that I'm in with a chance..

Well nobody has claimed so far, you just might be in with more of a chance than you thought. ;D

Goingtoseed

« Reply #12 on: Oct 10, 2019, 05:28:37 PM »
The only thing I can think of doing with that amount of money would be to make sure that my children are well provided for even though what we have already would provide that in any event. Apart from that there is nothing that we need. We have the car and home that we love, neither of us can get travel insurance so no foreign travel. Maybe I would buy a small holiday cottage in Yorkshire.
The rest I would divide amongst local charities, two schools and our local hospital.

Butterpuff

« Reply #13 on: Oct 10, 2019, 08:01:29 PM »
my o.h doesn't want to move ...he likes where we live and we have good neighbours...so I would buy a holiday home somewhere in the highlands, maybe near Oban,  new car , maybe even hire a chaffeur  cos I don't like driving too far now. I'd see that my family got a tidy sum and I'd give some to good causes, animal charities, I'd also like to help the homeless.I'd make a lot of people happy.

Raven

« Reply #14 on: Oct 10, 2019, 08:35:25 PM »
my o.h doesn't want to move ...he likes where we live and we have good neighbours...so I would buy a holiday home somewhere in the highlands, maybe near Oban,  new car , maybe even hire a chaffeur  cos I don't like driving too far now. I'd see that my family got a tidy sum and I'd give some to good causes, animal charities, I'd also like to help the homeless.I'd make a lot of people happy.

Oban is nice, but if you want the real west Coast scenery then head north a wee bit more and base yourself around Ullapool, it's jaw dropping beauty that area, plus you'd have the Cal Mac Ferry over to The Isle of Lewis, another great explore.  ;)