Author Topic: the pressures of life.  (Read 1441 times)

crabbyob

Re: the pressures of life.
« Reply #30 on: Oct 11, 2019, 03:50:18 PM »
i think its like horses and courses.... if the horse is on the right course its wonderful...
years ago i would get fed up.... i mean really fed up, and i wouldnt get out of bed, my wife an ex-nurse would just ignore me... happily i never ever considered it depression, if i had....lol...
i feel for anyone with any illness. miners were noted for being ill...lol... A.K.A. sick-note... any excuse for not going down, the vast majority hated the job, i was lucky, i enjoyed what i did, and my mate never missed a shift, we did afternoons regular, i could lay in every morning, and get [censored] every night, it was the finest therapy a man could have... but still i know i was lucky
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

Diasi

« Reply #31 on: Oct 11, 2019, 04:39:40 PM »
Oh no it isnt....

Oh yes it is.  ;D
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

Goingtoseed

« Reply #32 on: Oct 11, 2019, 05:23:16 PM »
Clinical depression is very different to being a bit 'fed up'.  Most families have some experience of people with poor mental health at some point in their history.  You are very lucky if it has never touched you and yours.

An acquaintance lost his father in law earlier this year to suicide.  He had been diagnosed with severe depression.  Good job, nice family, no drug or alcohol abuse, but a chemical imbalance.   

Rose coloured specs or blinkers aren't the only choices BTW.

I get depressed in having to take my 200mg of Sertraline every day.