Author Topic: the pressures of life.  (Read 1442 times)

Alfred

the pressures of life.
« on: Oct 10, 2019, 08:25:18 AM »
Reading today of the amount of suicidal people who are taking their own lives makes me wonder what or why are these lovely people deciding to end their lives, and many are young,.

sadly after a death questions are asked, why did this happen as then people say I wasn't aware that he/she needed help, and I didn't realise
or spot that anything was wrong,

with so many problems in the world, and so many people sleeping rough, even trying to find some where to live ,and even survive,

so is there some thing perhaps all of us could, or should do, to help ease the plight of these unfortunate people, some of which I assume rightly or wrongly,

some  could be drug addicts, to which have over dosed, either deliberately, or by accident,,  as drugs are freely available and easily bought, and more dangerous if drink and drugs are both used,.

some of these unfortunate people could be sleeping rough possibly as a result of family matters, whatever the reason it seems that suicides are on the increase from year to year , and yet what could or should be done to try an help these unfortunate people , some of who need help and others don't want any help,

in the past and even today the sally army do wonderful work all year round and more so at Christmas time , but even they have limited resources , even though they do marvellous work, looking after those in trouble , and living rough,

so could or should the government have (if they haven't already ) have places to go to where  people in need can go and seek help for what ever reason,

or is it all down to the pressures of life, in this over crowded and problematic world, and all that comes with it,.

Q; have you any thoughts on the pressures of life in todays modern world,

Floydian

Re: the pressures of life.
« Reply #1 on: Oct 10, 2019, 10:38:44 AM »
Most of these so called "depressives" aren't depressed at all and I'm sick of hearing about it, they might be a bit bored and disillusioned at best, nothing a good kick up the ar#e couldn't sort out.
"Unbelievable, Jeff...."

Raven

« Reply #2 on: Oct 10, 2019, 10:57:38 AM »

I think it would be good if there was a drop in place for help and advice. You could be chugging along fine one day then suddenly you maybe lose your job, your life is turned upside down, you can't pay the bills you lose your home and your out in the street, where do you turn to for help. There's all sorts of reasons for being homeless and I doubt very much if anyone want's to be in that situation.
As for depression it's not easy to diagnose, are you just feeling a bit down or going through a bad spell? I unfortunately do know what real depression is, and it's a very dark place that nobody in their right mind would want to be.  :'(

sparky

« Reply #3 on: Oct 10, 2019, 11:03:30 AM »
Floydian, A very good doctor I was seeing some years ago, said to me next time some ignorant idiot says to you " pull yourself together " just ask him/her what you are supposed to pull.

Floydian

« Reply #4 on: Oct 10, 2019, 11:13:28 AM »
I hope you changed your doctor then, maybe for one that lives in the real world.
"Unbelievable, Jeff...."

crabbyob

« Reply #5 on: Oct 10, 2019, 11:15:07 AM »
i dont doubt there are lots of actors, but i would rather accept them than the horror of turning my back on someone who then committed suicide... its not who we are..
you dont have to be a christian to practice a christian outlook, help our fellow travellers is who we are, if not, then thats sad....
there are many sides to most coins, the drip of non legals into our country is annoying, but the drip of the Chinese water torture is another drip altogether... please dont get them confused..
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

Floydian

« Reply #6 on: Oct 10, 2019, 11:36:02 AM »
I've no time for druggies and alci's and the like either. Self inflicted so ##ck 'em. Same goes for about 99% of the homeless too so ##ck them as well. The last few years influx of immigrants have put the final nail in this country's coffin, and anyone who can't see that wants a good ####ing. Oh and ##ck all the snowflakes as well. What's wrong with people? All this "you have to be pc" bo##cks, aren't we allowed an opinion any more? Seems not, and if we do have an opinion we're not allowed to express it! It's total bo##ocks.
"Unbelievable, Jeff...."

Raven

« Reply #7 on: Oct 10, 2019, 11:47:44 AM »
I've no time for druggies and alci's and the like either. Self inflicted so ##ck 'em. Same goes for about 99% of the homeless too so ##ck them as well. The last few years influx of immigrants have put the final nail in this country's coffin, and anyone who can't see that wants a good ####ing. Oh and ##ck all the snowflakes as well. What's wrong with people? All this "you have to be pc" bo##cks, aren't we allowed an opinion any more? Seems not, and if we do have an opinion we're not allowed to express it! It's total bo##ocks.

Apart from your wee bit about the homeless, I totally agree with every word... ;D ;D ;D

crabbyob

« Reply #8 on: Oct 10, 2019, 11:56:35 AM »
can i point out that a lot of 'Druggies' are not self inflicted
but got over prescribed 'pain-killers' and that was their first step on the ladder
it like the abuse of Anti-Biotics  some Quacks were dishing them out for everything
my ex-mother in law was never away from the doctors [divorced and lonely]
then at the end when she really needed them, they were ineffective, so she died..
i have had to use pain-killers several times this year, but normally i have been lucky and never take them.
but some folks take them several times a day, more like a habit than a need, its to be hoped they never 'need' them
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

Scrumpy

« Reply #9 on: Oct 10, 2019, 12:21:29 PM »

;D ;D ;D    Go and have a nice lay down...
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

Floydian

« Reply #10 on: Oct 10, 2019, 01:37:26 PM »
Ha ha, We've just got back in from lidl (guess who most of the noisier shoppers were, lol) half expecting a ban. I might stick around a bit longer now. I'll treat you all to some funnies at the weekend then.  ;D
"Unbelievable, Jeff...."

crabbyob

« Reply #11 on: Oct 10, 2019, 01:45:15 PM »
listen pal you stick around no matter what... no your not right all the time, but some deluded folks say the same about me.... ;D
i may be gone for a wee while but worry ye not
i'll be back
i fly out wed.

Floydian

« Reply #12 on: Oct 10, 2019, 01:52:01 PM »
Will you still be posting mate? Surely you'll have internet access from somewhere or other. You've always been my closest ally on here...  ;)
"Unbelievable, Jeff...."

crabbyob

« Reply #13 on: Oct 10, 2019, 01:55:51 PM »
and i will remain so old chap....lol
yes we have a good internet but i have to go thru another layer of security
i will do a long post that will then just vanish, and the grrrrrrrr asks if i'm a robot

sparky

« Reply #14 on: Oct 10, 2019, 02:14:29 PM »

I hope you changed your doctor then, maybe for one that lives in the real world.

On the contrary, he made me realise how many other people there are  who would benefit from a session with such a doctor, in order for them to realise, that their is another world outside the blinkered world  they exist in.