Author Topic: Insurance cover..  (Read 269 times)

Scrumpy

Insurance cover..
« on: Oct 11, 2019, 08:28:25 AM »
When we were first married Sam and I had a little freezer. It didn't hold much and mostly it was only half full.
We had a power cut and were covered by insurance for freezer contents spoiled.
We had to fill out a list of contents.. Fish Fingers.. Peas.. Cod in Butter Sauce etc; Nothing exciting.
 'Shall we put a bit of steak on the list'? said Sam.
'Can we?.... Ok lets do it'
  'I'll add a whole chicken as well.'

We were so excited when our claim was accepted..
Tell the truth.. Can anyone beat this.?
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

sparky

Re: Insurance cover..
« Reply #1 on: Oct 11, 2019, 09:05:55 AM »
Scrumpy, probably sticking my neck out, but have only once  ever had to claim on any insurance, and that was for a lighting strike  that took out our intruder alarm, but If we are confessing to past fiddles, when we bought our first house, and were struggling to pay the bills, including electric, every Christmas I told myself this time of the year we a going to be warm and not worry about the Electricity bill, so  on the old meters there was a small screw under the connection cover that given a half  turn, the meter would stop, so from Christmas eve till new years day we had our heating free on the electricity company .

Scrumpy

« Reply #2 on: Oct 11, 2019, 09:17:31 AM »

Good old Sparky.. I knew you would come good ...
 Partners in crime eh!!
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

sparky

« Reply #3 on: Oct 11, 2019, 09:20:49 AM »
Scrumpy, do you reckon they would let us  share a cell?  ;D ;D ;D

Scrumpy

« Reply #4 on: Oct 11, 2019, 09:21:51 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D

That is where SUPERGLUE comes in handy..

Michael Rolls

« Reply #5 on: Oct 11, 2019, 10:24:46 AM »
A late uncle of mine, back in the days of the Atlee government when you had to sign forms in triplicate before you could even blow your nose, started up a small engineering company. One small problem - the site didn't have mains electricity. Badgering the electricity board produced no results, so Pom and his guys dug up the nearest mains and connected up themselves (don'r ask me how it was done - I am a total ignoramus in such matters). It took ages for the board to catch on, but Pom had been careful to put money aside to pay what was owing
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

Goingtoseed

« Reply #6 on: Oct 11, 2019, 05:45:13 PM »
A late uncle of mine, back in the days of the Atlee government when you had to sign forms in triplicate before you could even blow your nose, started up a small engineering company. One small problem - the site didn't have mains electricity. Badgering the electricity board produced no results, so Pom and his guys dug up the nearest mains and connected up themselves (don'r ask me how it was done - I am a total ignoramus in such matters). It took ages for the board to catch on, but Pom had been careful to put money aside to pay what was owing
Mike

An old friend of mine who ran a haulage company in the East End of London had his problems during the miners strike when electricity was rationed. He connected his main fuse board up to the street light.
Then a dubious member of my family decided to get free electricity and gas. He put a hat pin through the casing of the electric meter so as to stop the wheel going round. For free gas, he disconnected the gas meter and turned it round which had the result of the readings going backwards!

Scrumpy

« Reply #7 on: Oct 11, 2019, 06:23:47 PM »

Blimey.. I only got a chicken and a piece of steak.

crabbyob

« Reply #8 on: Oct 11, 2019, 09:38:49 PM »
we had nice changing rooms for our football team, with running water but no electric ahem, there was a street light against our wall.... one of the fathers was a pit electrician... we had  a copper tank installed and an immersion heater.... forty years later, the lads still have hot showers... but no electric
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”