Author Topic: Nobody wants Labour in.  (Read 2309 times)

Ashy

Re: Nobody wants Labour in.
« Reply #15 on: Oct 12, 2019, 05:39:56 PM »
If you think Starmer is good looking you should go to Specsavers.

Diasi

« Reply #16 on: Oct 12, 2019, 05:42:20 PM »
If you think Starmer is good looking you should go to Specsavers.

I read somewhere that the CPS staff called him a 'quiffy-haired joke'.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

Ashy

« Reply #17 on: Oct 12, 2019, 05:47:20 PM »
He might look better in a wig. Or a cellar perhaps.

Diasi

« Reply #18 on: Oct 12, 2019, 05:50:18 PM »
Now the complete moron is in Scotland saying that Labour won't support the deal when he doesn't even know if there will be a deal or what the deal will be.

He's even more stupid than I thought because he's let the Remainers' second referendum cat out of the bag by saying their ballot paper will have two questions on it, vote for any deal or vote to remain in the EU, with no option to vote to leave with no deal.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

Bobcat

« Reply #19 on: Oct 12, 2019, 06:20:38 PM »
If "nobody" wants Labour in - why are there 245 Labour MP's ??

Ashy

« Reply #20 on: Oct 12, 2019, 06:28:21 PM »
Why are there safe seats? Since the labour party has changed its political purpose (arguably having achieved more than it set out to do in the interests of labour, i.e. workers), and is now the mouthpiece of greedy public sector unions and loudmouthed minorities. They are also champions of expensive vanity projects.

brian54

« Reply #21 on: Oct 12, 2019, 06:29:10 PM »

They are not genuine. They just want to have the money they get.

GrannyMac

« Reply #22 on: Oct 12, 2019, 06:59:43 PM »
Why are there safe seats? Since the labour party has changed its political purpose (arguably having achieved more than it set out to do in the interests of labour, i.e. workers), and is now the mouthpiece of greedy public sector unions and loudmouthed minorities. They are also champions of expensive vanity projects.

I live in a safe Labour seat. Not a Tory in sight and the last Lib Dem in Sheffield was Nick Clegg. The Labour replacement in that ward is now Independent (he was a Momentum candidate and it went horribly wrong). 
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

Ashy

« Reply #23 on: Oct 12, 2019, 07:32:45 PM »
I live in a safe labour seat and the council is pretty well safe labour, although there is a posh part where the councillors live.

Hugh

« Reply #24 on: Oct 12, 2019, 07:46:45 PM »
Mansfield was an extremely safe Labour seat Ashy but Sir Alan Meale was kicked off his throne and a new boy on the block a Conservative took his place.

Ashy

« Reply #25 on: Oct 12, 2019, 07:56:10 PM »
Labour aren't what they were! I'm not sure they were ever really on the side of ordinary workers. Look at the communities they destroyed by knocking their houses down and building horrible flats, for example, and their immigration policies.

Hugh

« Reply #26 on: Oct 12, 2019, 08:03:03 PM »
Labour party will stop a general election at all costs they know they are in serious trouble with voters.

stellamaris

« Reply #27 on: Oct 12, 2019, 08:05:51 PM »
I too live in a safe labour seat - that is why I hate to see any seemingly co-operation between Nigel Farage and the conservatives.  I think that many people might, just might, vote for The Brexit Party but if there is any perception he is pro conservative, then they just won't.  I don't think enough will vote to topple Labour anyway, but it would be nice for them to take a bit of a knocking to shake them up.

As for Keir Starmer ......................it would be a rant if I said what I thought of him.   Nice looking? Yuk. A face like a slapped ar**, and one that had been exposed to a windy field as well. Or has he already been described as that?  My opinion is that many are enamoured with the name Keir, and indeed he did look like a 1930s throwback.  Or whenever it was that Keir Hardie was a revered figure. His gravitas looks totally phony to me.
Keep on chooglin' - John Fogerty
Pronouns: She/Her/Beautiful/Wondrous one/Dearest Heart

Diasi

« Reply #28 on: Oct 12, 2019, 09:40:21 PM »

Because 245 Labour MPs isn't enough to get Labour in.

GrannyMac

« Reply #29 on: Oct 12, 2019, 10:58:08 PM »
Because 245 Labour MPs isn't enough to get Labour in.

Perhaps thats the one thing we can thank the Scot Nats for! Smashing the Labour vote in Scotland.
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais