Author Topic: A PC Coffee  (Read 5440 times)

digitalis

Re: A PC Coffee
« Reply #15 on: Oct 15, 2019, 11:58:10 AM »
I see to win arguments one must now employ victimhood status: this is where you make a confession whilst fessing up to some unholy suffering(usually brought on by those you despise!) Best actors in this category must go to Anna of the Soubry who all but broke into tears telling us how her mother(her children's grandmother)broke into tears when the plebs voted to leave the EU. Next of course,comes Jess of the stab-him-in-the-front Phillips. I think she's always crying.

I haven't got anything against crying myself,and have been known to on an odd occasion.

I woz thinking who else of grandstanding wasw oft to cry and came up with two.

I think Winston Churchill was oft in tears. I know how emotional he became when he said … my mum and dad were to fight Hitler on the beaches...we will never surrender. This when he had his plane ticket booked to Calgary,Canada with the Royal family. I think at this time me mum and dad had broomsticks and carpets to fight off the German Army!

I think the next bloke I can think of who used to get a bit upset woz Adolf H himself. From recall he was very kind to Alsation dogs and young blonde haired Aryan boys. I think he used to get upset at any abuse of the above as Himmler was building blocs for the Final Solution. Seen several pictures of the bloke patting both on the head.

Nice to know our leaders have such altruistic feelings for folk!

Ashy

« Reply #16 on: Oct 15, 2019, 12:18:51 PM »
A broomstick and a carpet are very effective in fighting off a small wild animal.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #17 on: Oct 15, 2019, 12:32:29 PM »

I think Winston Churchill was oft in tears. I know how emotional he became when he said … my mum and dad were to fight Hitler on the beaches...we will never surrender. This when he had his plane ticket booked to Calgary,Canada with the Royal family. I think at this time me mum and dad had broomsticks and carpets to fight off the German Army!

Nice to know our leaders have such altruistic feelings for folk!
What an unpleasant piece of posting. Had not Churchill become PM in 1940, the alternatives were Chamberlain or Halifax, under either of whom the UK would have become a vassal of Germany even earlier that the efforts of Heath, Major and May
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

Johned

« Reply #18 on: Oct 15, 2019, 03:57:57 PM »
Bravo! Michael Rolls.  I could not have put it more eloquently myself.

Scrumpy

« Reply #19 on: Oct 15, 2019, 06:39:43 PM »
I don’t think digitalis is wrong when he talks about Churchill and the Royals ready to take flight if the war was not going our way..
 I don’t believe any leader/royal would sit tight knowing their country was in the ruling hands of another.
 There were many big houses left empty because owners chose to live safely elsewhere.
 Can you see Corbyn ..Johnson .. Or any Royal today staying to face the enemy. ?. I doubt it..
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

Alex22

« Reply #20 on: Oct 16, 2019, 12:29:05 AM »
If using the word ' black' is wrong,  I ask again how come it's ok to ask for a " Flat white "  ?

zoony

« Reply #21 on: Oct 16, 2019, 12:37:48 AM »
I don’t think digitalis is wrong when he talks about Churchill and the Royals ready to take flight if the war was not going our way..
 I don’t believe any leader/royal would sit tight knowing their country was in the ruling hands of another.
 There were many big houses left empty because owners chose to live safely elsewhere.
 Can you see Corbyn ..Johnson .. Or any Royal today staying to face the enemy. ?. I doubt it..

Quite right. Another consideration would be the sheer amount of Top-secret documentation relating to the war plus all the important Royal stuff..Of course certain people needed preserving if we were ever going to get our country back. It's hard enough now!
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

GrannyMac

« Reply #22 on: Oct 16, 2019, 06:49:47 AM »
If using the word ' black' is wrong,  I ask again how come it's ok to ask for a " Flat white "  ?

It's not wrong. Some people seem to think its wrong, but they're wrong.  😕
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

Michael Rolls

« Reply #23 on: Oct 16, 2019, 07:40:00 AM »

It's not wrong. Some people seem to think its wrong, but they're wrong.  😕
I was a bit irritated by the Duchess of wotsit referring to herself as a 'woman of colour' in a bit if virtue signalling. It seems to have escaped her notice that we are all, women or men, of colour - just different ones
Mike

GrannyMac

« Reply #24 on: Oct 16, 2019, 08:44:45 AM »
'Person of colour' is frequently used in the USA, and she's from there.  It sounds strange to us, but it would be normal usage to Americans to describe anyone who isn't white.
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

digitalis

« Reply #25 on: Oct 16, 2019, 09:12:42 AM »
Alas,Churchill was a very nasty fellow if you read about him. Think about the general strike before WW2. British workforce didn't think much about him. He was also an incompetent(on many occasions:ask the Aussies and Kiwis. When the British people had laid down their lives for their country,after the war he wanted it taken back to HIS country. Not a generous man. The people booted him out. As is,GB won the war,and the victor writes the history book.

The historians are still getting to the bottom of HIS history,his life and workings

Michael Rolls

« Reply #26 on: Oct 16, 2019, 09:24:56 AM »
I still say we were a damn sight better off with Churchill as PM than with Chamberlain or Halifax - and you seem to be overlooking the fact that after five years of the post-war alternative the people voted him back in again.
Mike

biglouis

« Reply #27 on: Oct 16, 2019, 11:09:28 AM »
I dont particularly like Megan but "woman of colour" would be considered an appropriate way to describe herself in the USA.
Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the blind obedience of fools.

mick607

« Reply #28 on: Oct 16, 2019, 12:08:43 PM »
I dont particularly like Megan but "woman of colour" would be considered an appropriate way to describe herself in the USA.
She. S not in the USA now.

Diasi

« Reply #29 on: Oct 16, 2019, 12:52:04 PM »

Every woman is a woman of colour (or color in the USA), just different colours.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)