Author Topic: Climate protesters face London ban.  (Read 6482 times)

Michael Rolls

Re: Climate protesters face London ban.
« Reply #15 on: Oct 16, 2019, 04:42:35 AM »
  I'd love to hear you people explain to a class of ten-year olds just why you feel and think the way you do..
Well, if they lacked the crowd hysteria of these activists they would probably understand
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

Ashy

« Reply #16 on: Oct 16, 2019, 05:55:39 AM »
I gather they've all been removed now, just the mess to clear up, until the next time.

ronyork

« Reply #17 on: Oct 16, 2019, 06:41:43 AM »
Talk to them, are you in the real world? they will be to busy on their i.pads and mobiles.

ronyork

« Reply #18 on: Oct 16, 2019, 06:51:17 AM »
Put them on a few Jumbo jets for a holiday to China ,perhaps they could demonstrate over there, The Chinese would soon sort them out,  we must act the same quickly.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #19 on: Oct 16, 2019, 07:37:13 AM »
Talk to them, are you in the real world? they will be to busy on their i.pads and mobiles.
;D ;D ;D ;D  Probably right!
Mike

brian54

« Reply #20 on: Oct 16, 2019, 08:08:18 AM »
I hope they don't move to Birmingham.

Raven

« Reply #21 on: Oct 16, 2019, 09:41:46 AM »

I hope they don't move to Birmingham.

It's a long walk to Birmingham, so it should be a while if they decide to. After all they wouldn't use cars, buses or trains to get there would they. ;D

ronyork

« Reply #22 on: Oct 16, 2019, 11:15:36 AM »
Where will these nut,s take a holiday, which avoid travel, which might  pollute the planet in some shape or the other, (suggestions please) planes/trains/ cars. Shank,s pony perhaps. of course no smoking (pollution).

Maddie Malone

« Reply #23 on: Oct 16, 2019, 04:11:08 PM »
Poor Lewis Hamilton feeling so down about it all wants everyone to become vegan .
UMMMM how has he made his millions ?
I suppose owning your own private jet to fly around the world and driving a  racing car for a living is ok .

Ashy

« Reply #24 on: Oct 16, 2019, 04:50:00 PM »
I think they should go to Birmingham after they come out of prison.

Goingtoseed

« Reply #25 on: Oct 16, 2019, 05:28:56 PM »
Where will these nut,s take a holiday, which avoid travel, which might  pollute the planet in some shape or the other, (suggestions please) planes/trains/ cars. Shank,s pony perhaps. of course no smoking (pollution).

Suggestion: Bodmin Moor - pitch up a few wigwams for the winter and forage for food, a rabbit maybe with only a home made bow and arrows.

Oh just forgot. I do believe that there is still a commune in the desolate hills up in west Wales - maybe they could all pitch in with them.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1056637/Lost-middle-class-tribes-secret-eco-village-Wales-spotted-aerial-photograph-taken-plane.html

Bobcat

« Reply #26 on: Oct 16, 2019, 05:59:58 PM »
Mass protest does work e.g. the Suffragettes brought about votes for women, the Civil Rights movement in the US ended segregation, I'm sure there are also many movements that did not bring about change. The climate protesters believe that our life styles are unsustainable and will bring about cataclysmic climate change that will affect the whole of mankind. Are they correct, who knows, but future generations in a hundred years or so will. If they are correct then our desendants will look back at us and say "why did they do nothing to prevent this". Only one thing in absolutely certain, no one on this site will be around to say anything !!

Raven

« Reply #27 on: Oct 16, 2019, 06:08:02 PM »

Not all MPs believe in climate change either.  ???

https://www.campaigncc.org/parlsceptics

Michael Rolls

« Reply #28 on: Oct 16, 2019, 06:34:51 PM »
Bobcat
There is a big difference between the suffragette movement and the USA civil rights movement and what we are seeing here. Both the instances you quote were capable of human determination, and, in comparative terms, quite simply. The UK is one of the leaders in trying to minimise human contribution to climate change, but a bunch of protesters trying to bring London to its knees won’t have the slightest effect on the process. In many ways what they are doing is counterproductive in that not only are they actually making a contribution to the problem, as many here have already highlighted, but by showing their contempt for ordinary people’s ordinary lives they risk creating a backlash, especially when they pitch their protest at one of the least culpable nations rather than targeting the really heavy polluters
Mike

Bee

« Reply #29 on: Oct 16, 2019, 06:52:02 PM »
"This is a rebellion, our house is on fire," sang a crowd of pensioners to the tune of Elvis Presley's Hound Dog as they stood outside the gates of Buckingham Palace.
"If we don't act now, it will be our funeral pyre."
The group, called Extinction Rebellion Grandparents, is part of the wider Extinction Rebellion campaign, which is currently in the middle of two weeks of protests in London.
Despite a city-wide police ban on the protests, the group of mainly over 60s gathered in central London on Tuesday afternoon for what was billed as "not a protest or an action, but a family friendly photo".
"It's our generation that is partly responsible for the fate that will befall our grandchildren," said Peter Cole, 75, one of the protesters.
"So it behoves us to do the least we can to try and help them."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-50063449
The only way is up....