Author Topic: Climate protesters face London ban.  (Read 6483 times)

Diasi

Re: Climate protesters face London ban.
« Reply #60 on: Oct 18, 2019, 08:09:44 AM »
Start the train with these sick people on the roof, problem solved.

Lol, I'd thought about posting the same thing. ;D

Funny how all the protesters who make the news are weirdos like trainee Buddhist monks etc.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

ronyork

« Reply #61 on: Oct 18, 2019, 09:12:39 AM »
How many arrested of these mainly never works.  ==== equals how many finish up in the local jail I expect none, come down heavy on these time and money wasters Jails full, whats the problem put 3/4 in a cell they might get the message.

Bobcat

« Reply #62 on: Oct 18, 2019, 09:18:58 AM »
The present lot are communists and fellow travellers who want to destroy the system for their own reasons which are not related to climate.

Wow !! there's a sweeping statement !!

Bobcat

« Reply #63 on: Oct 18, 2019, 09:24:05 AM »
They know how to deal with protests in China.

Interesting that you quote China as an example of how they deal with protesters. Looking at this site and the comments made about politicians, if we were in China, most of us would have had a knock on the door at 2.00 a.m. and made to disappear. Anyone who criticise the sate in China is immediately classed a protestor !!

ronyork

« Reply #64 on: Oct 18, 2019, 10:17:44 AM »
Bobcat, you have obviously never lived in China, I would say most of your information comes out of newspapers! My son lived in China for twenty years in various towns, myself have been around 20+ times, wonderful people, top class food, law and order, respect for teachers and  the law. by the way trains run on time, their medical services are of a very high standard I have used the hospitals (I did pay a minimal amount) and the education is of the highest standard (just study the results) My inlaws have a good pension they live in a nice appt no maintanence costs  as  they are pensioners, and manage a good holiday twice a year,  England and Canada this year, Perhaps if you paid a visit you might learn a little and have a different opinion of China and its people, Yes they seem to be extending their influence in today,s world, right or wrong I cannot comment, perhaps they are taken a leaf out of our empire building book,grabbing land and treasures as they felt fit. all at the end of a bayonet and cannon to build our empire.

Ashy

« Reply #65 on: Oct 18, 2019, 12:42:42 PM »
Start the train with these sick people on the roof, problem solved.

They would probably think it was time to knock off when the train went into the tunnel.

Ashy

« Reply #66 on: Oct 18, 2019, 12:46:28 PM »
Bobcat, you have obviously never lived in China, I would say most of your information comes out of newspapers! My son lived in China for twenty years in various towns, myself have been around 20+ times, wonderful people, top class food, law and order, respect for teachers and  the law. by the way trains run on time, their medical services are of a very high standard I have used the hospitals (I did pay a minimal amount) and the education is of the highest standard (just study the results) My inlaws have a good pension they live in a nice appt no maintanence costs  as  they are pensioners, and manage a good holiday twice a year,  England and Canada this year, Perhaps if you paid a visit you might learn a little and have a different opinion of China and its people, Yes they seem to be extending their influence in today,s world, right or wrong I cannot comment, perhaps they are taken a leaf out of our empire building book,grabbing land and treasures as they felt fit. all at the end of a bayonet and cannon to build our empire.

It is noticeable that when Chinese people live here in England they don't give us any trouble. I find Sikhs and Hindus much the same.

Goingtoseed

« Reply #67 on: Oct 18, 2019, 01:08:59 PM »
put 3/4 in a cell they might get the message.
The maximum number that used to be allocated one cell was three. Following the Manchester Strangeways riot, the government said that all cells will be single - hence the current overcrowding.
Alternative - build more prisons which we will pay for? Cut the education budget/NHS budget???

sparky

« Reply #68 on: Oct 18, 2019, 01:18:57 PM »
No, cut foreign aid, to pay for more  prisons with  minimal facilities,  preferably on remote islands

ronyork

« Reply #69 on: Oct 18, 2019, 01:25:27 PM »
Three/Six to a cell ,who care,s . Not Me!!!

Goingtoseed

« Reply #70 on: Oct 18, 2019, 01:26:39 PM »
No, cut foreign aid, to pay for more  prisons with  minimal facilities,  preferably on remote islands

Damn good idea but unfortunately there are regulations as to what a cell must have, the size of it and the amount of fresh air/lighting that must be installed.

I hear that Devil Island could be fixed up if the French will give it to us

http://www.prisonhistory.net/famous-prisons/devils-island/

Goingtoseed

« Reply #71 on: Oct 18, 2019, 01:29:07 PM »
id

You can't just do that! It is a legal requirement for all of that to be paid. The only way that it could happen is if an MP puts forward a bill to repeal that law - which I cannot ever see happen.

ronyork

« Reply #72 on: Oct 18, 2019, 01:30:09 PM »
Regulations, there for decent and law abiding people.(I wish)

Goingtoseed

« Reply #73 on: Oct 18, 2019, 01:31:40 PM »
Regulations, there for decent and law abiding people.(I wish)

Not at all - they are there for everyone to abide by.

zoony

« Reply #74 on: Oct 18, 2019, 02:06:57 PM »
I read in the papers that some of the 'protesters' are on up to £400 per week for 'expenses' from a US environmental charity. Nice skive if you can get it..
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.