Author Topic: Employers / Private Pensions  (Read 2525 times)

brian54

Employers / Private Pensions
« on: Oct 19, 2019, 08:28:10 PM »
A man said today that he had no objection for people contributing for these pensions but he said they  should be taxrd at 100% and the proceeds should be distributed to all pensioners. I am just wondering who will contribure to a pension if that happens.

Sheila

Re: Employers / Private Pensions
« Reply #1 on: Oct 19, 2019, 08:53:35 PM »
Must just go and top up my brandy hic

GrannyMac

« Reply #2 on: Oct 19, 2019, 10:32:57 PM »
Cheers Sheila!  If anyone likes Baileys, Morrisons were selling it for £10 instead of £20 the other day.  Its a bit rich for me these days.
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

Diasi

« Reply #3 on: Oct 19, 2019, 11:14:30 PM »
A man said today that he had no objection for people contributing for these pensions but he said they  should be taxrd at 100% and the proceeds should be distributed to all pensioners. I am just wondering who will contribure to a pension if that happens.

Was it the same man who told you the same thing before, or are they all different men?
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

zoony

« Reply #4 on: Oct 19, 2019, 11:40:47 PM »
Only The Shadow knows...
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

Jacqueline

« Reply #5 on: Oct 20, 2019, 01:06:03 AM »
Thanks for that, I'll get a bottle for my daughter as part of her Christmas present.  Unfortunatly no good for me, I can't drink alcohol anymore on too much medication and it upsets me.

Sheila

« Reply #6 on: Oct 20, 2019, 08:20:32 AM »
Yes, I had heard about the Baileys and thought I'd buy a bottle for one of my daughters and maybe a bottle for us too.  My husband (normally a Carling man) is partial to a Baileys.  I think Asda had a similar offer last year and we bought a bottle to put away for Christmas.  Needless to say it was gone well before Christmas.

StephenM123

« Reply #7 on: Oct 20, 2019, 08:50:36 AM »
Glenlivet Founder's Reserve Single Malt Scotch Whisky currently has £10 off at Waitrose.

Sheila

« Reply #8 on: Oct 20, 2019, 09:29:12 AM »
Has anyone tried the salted caramel Baileys?  It sounds horrible to me.

Butterpuff

« Reply #9 on: Oct 20, 2019, 12:42:30 PM »
Cheers Sheila!  If anyone likes Baileys, Morrisons were selling it for £10 instead of £20 the other day.  Its a bit rich for me these days.
that's a great price...quite enjoy a wee Bailey's

Sheila

« Reply #10 on: Oct 20, 2019, 02:21:31 PM »
We've just been for a walk along the prom at New Brighton so popped into Morrisons but they were sold out.  It is £12 at Asda so I'll give that a try tomorrow.

Traveller

« Reply #11 on: Oct 20, 2019, 05:53:35 PM »
Glenlivet Founder's Reserve Single Malt Scotch Whisky currently has £10 off at Waitrose.
Ah, now that's more like my drink.  I've visited the distillery a few times.  Have you noticed that it's called "The Glenlivit" not just Glenlivit - a bit like "The Famous Grouse", though there's no comparison.

However, I think I'll have a "Sweet Smoke" from the Ailsa Bay distillery in Girvan.
You'll have had your tea.

GrannyMac

« Reply #12 on: Oct 20, 2019, 06:50:27 PM »
I'm not a Scotch drinker.  OH and son enjoy the odd single malt or several! Auchentoshan is a recent favourite.
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

Goingtoseed

« Reply #13 on: Oct 20, 2019, 11:02:28 PM »
I whole heartedly agree with that man!

If someone has more money than he needs it is only right that he should not benefit by having that extra in the terms of a tax break and that the money he gives away should be shared amongst others that are not in a position to give money away - straightening the curve so to speak - give to those without - level playing field.

brian54

« Reply #14 on: Oct 23, 2019, 01:46:15 PM »

I have a few £'s but I wish to help my granddaughters on to the housing ladder if I am alive at that time.