Author Topic: Employers / Private Pensions  (Read 2522 times)

Goingtoseed

Re: Employers / Private Pensions
« Reply #15 on: Oct 23, 2019, 06:33:17 PM »
I have a few £'s but I wish to help my granddaughters on to the housing ladder if I am alive at that time.

What about right now?

There are many 10's of thousands that have no savings, are in receipt of the NMW they need financial help now.
As the government make available 0.7% of Gross Income, surely those with assets in their names and wages should contribute at the same level to those that are not so lucky?

As for me I pay out £40 a month towards two charities AND hand over the £200 Winter Fuel payment to the Salvation Army to help towards food and shelter for those that need it over the winter.

Don't be such a meanie give a bit here and there - say 0.7% of the value of income and assets - it will make you feel good.

brian54

« Reply #16 on: Oct 23, 2019, 09:24:44 PM »
What about right now?

There are many 10's of thousands that have no savings, are in receipt of the NMW they need financial help now.
As the government make available 0.7% of Gross Income, surely those with assets in their names and wages should contribute at the same level to those that are not so lucky?

As for me I pay out £40 a month towards two charities AND hand over the £200 Winter Fuel payment to the Salvation Army to help towards food and shelter for those that need it over the winter.

Don't be such a meanie give a bit here and there - say 0.7% of the value of income and assets - it will make you feel good.

It is not a case of being lucky. Money has to be earned. I donate far more than £40 a month to health charities and Dogs Trust. I give £0.00 to the homeless.
A man approached me tonight and wanted me to buy him a bag of chips.
I told him when he gets a job he will be able to buy his own bag of chips.

Sheila

« Reply #17 on: Oct 23, 2019, 10:12:19 PM »
It is not a case of being lucky. Money has to be earned. I donate far more than £40 a month to health charities and Dogs Trust. I give £0.00 to the homeless.
A man approached me tonight and wanted me to buy him a bag of chips.
I told him when he gets a job he will be able to buy his own bag of chips.

Brian, I assume with all your money that you live in a pleasant area.  How do you meet so many homeless people who ask you for things?  I have seen homeless (maybe) people in Chester and Liverpool whilst shopping but none of them have ever spoken to me.

brian54

« Reply #18 on: Oct 24, 2019, 05:13:33 AM »
The area i live in is pleasant. The problem is beggars congregate around the main shopping area as they think people have loads of money around here.
The police have arrested 15 beggars as there have been complaints and more people are saying '' get a job". A few bodies have been found nearby.

StephenM123

« Reply #19 on: Oct 24, 2019, 10:15:33 AM »
Who's bodies Brian? Post a link as yours as it stands is a rather unpleasant comment!

Alex22

« Reply #20 on: Oct 24, 2019, 02:31:14 PM »

I have seen homeless (maybe) people in Chester and Liverpool whilst shopping but none of them have ever spoken to me.
Same here Sheila, the only person who speaks is the Big Issue seller.