Author Topic: B&Q  (Read 1080 times)

sparky

B&Q
« on: Oct 20, 2019, 11:52:04 AM »
I refuse to  use a self service till when making a purchase, to the  extent when finding that the only option when arriving at a checkout. have just  left the goods at the checkout, so I was well pleased on reading today that our Cheltenham B&Q  store is taking out all self service tills and reverting to cashier manned tills. I hope some other retail outlets get the message, that not everybody wants to be forced into using self service.

GrannyMac

Re: B&Q
« Reply #1 on: Oct 20, 2019, 12:20:15 PM »
When I'm buying a paper or some milk I'll happily use self service at our Tesco Express if the one assistant serving is busy. It annoys me when someone puts a trolley load thru self service when there are available staffed tills.

No self service in Aldi or Lidl!
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

Butterpuff

« Reply #2 on: Oct 20, 2019, 12:37:28 PM »
I don't like the self service tills either because I always do something wrong and have to wait for the assistant, I think they're fine for the younger generation who just seem to sail through

Floydian

« Reply #3 on: Oct 20, 2019, 12:42:13 PM »
I can just about guarantee any time i use the self service till ANYWHERE, regardless of how i follow the instruction, some hitch will happen and i'll have to get an assistant...  >:(
"Unbelievable, Jeff...."

Diasi

« Reply #4 on: Oct 20, 2019, 01:42:33 PM »
I don't like the self service tills either because I always do something wrong and have to wait for the assistant, I think they're fine for the younger generation who just seem to sail through

I sail through the self-service tills, in fact I can correct some errors without the need for any assistance.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

Michael Rolls

« Reply #5 on: Oct 20, 2019, 02:14:18 PM »
I never use them - two reasons.
1. I'm sure I'd get something wrong.
2. In some places - admittedly not all - they are an excuse to cut staff numbers, which not only puts people potentially out of work, but when do you see a self-service till contribute to the economy?
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

sparky

« Reply #6 on: Oct 20, 2019, 02:40:39 PM »
Mike, I am sure, that these stores craftily have as few manned tills open  as possible, assuming if a queue builds it will force people more and more to use self service, that don't work with me, only two days ago I complained in Marks, and a supervisor  promptly opened  another manned till.

Floydian

« Reply #7 on: Oct 20, 2019, 02:55:51 PM »

Then there's this....
"Unbelievable, Jeff...."

Sheila

« Reply #8 on: Oct 20, 2019, 03:14:49 PM »
I can just about guarantee any time i use the self service till ANYWHERE, regardless of how i follow the instruction, some hitch will happen and i'll have to get an assistant...  >:(

"I'll do it for you Nan" and then I can sail through too!

Michael Rolls

« Reply #9 on: Oct 20, 2019, 03:42:07 PM »

Then there's this....
This idea really, really annoys me. How is it going t cope with:-
Folk living on tower blocks
Folk with no garden
Folk with land overlooked from the street, leaving the package vulnerable to anyone passing by
The inevitable mechanical failure of a drone - they aren't perfect - nothing is
Keeping the airports open when delivering nearby
Mike

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

Goingtoseed

« Reply #10 on: Oct 20, 2019, 11:21:46 PM »
When I'm buying a paper or some milk I'll happily use self service at our Tesco Express if the one assistant serving is busy. It annoys me when someone puts a trolley load thru self service when there are available staffed tills.

No self service in Aldi or Lidl!

Get with the times Granny

https://retailanalysis.igd.com/news/news-article/t/lidl-to-introduce-self-checkouts-in-uk-stores/i/7973

GrannyMac

« Reply #11 on: Oct 20, 2019, 11:38:29 PM »
We must be lagging behind, all the tills in both shops here are serviced.
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

zoony

« Reply #12 on: Oct 21, 2019, 12:29:34 AM »
  There's room for both systems. Those savvy folk who use the machines are free to do so. I, preferring some human contact, have to wait less time in line due to their self-sales. Perfick.
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

Diasi

« Reply #13 on: Oct 21, 2019, 05:51:32 AM »
I would estimate that 95% of my Morrison's supermarket shopping is via a self-service till.

Aldi don't have any self-service tills.

I've only been into a Lidl store once & I used their self-service till with no problems.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

Raven

« Reply #14 on: Oct 21, 2019, 12:38:28 PM »
Our local Tesco doesn't have self service tills and I hope it stays that way. I see them in all the supermarkets when I go down to Perth and I avoid them if at all possible..