Author Topic: Sunday dinner...  (Read 3818 times)

Floydian

Sunday dinner...
« on: Oct 20, 2019, 01:28:37 PM »
We spent a good chunk of the morning over at our daughters tidying the garden up a bit and raking up leaves from the yard. Didn't get home until nearly dinnertime so too late to start preparing a roast dinner so we're having pasta and meatballs with a dol mio tomato sauce over it. What are you having?
"Unbelievable, Jeff...."

Raven

Re: Sunday dinner...
« Reply #1 on: Oct 20, 2019, 01:57:06 PM »

Pot Luck from the Slow Cooker. ;D I bunged in pork chunks, onions, cooking tomatoes, potato chunks, green beans, crumbled in an Oxo Cube. Will serve the lot with while boiled rice.
No idea how it will turn out, but it does smell nice..  ;)

sparky

« Reply #2 on: Oct 20, 2019, 02:00:43 PM »
We have been having M&S slow cooked boxed joints recently, particularly the Brisket beef one, already slow cooked, comes in its own foil dish,  so no dirty dish to wash, and cooks in 30 mins,  so tender, melts in the mouth,  very handy as a quick meal for two. the slow cooked duck legs are good also. both  come with their own sauces ,

Michael Rolls

« Reply #3 on: Oct 20, 2019, 02:09:29 PM »
My neighbour is coming round for dinner this evening - fillet steak in pepper sauce with mushrooms and potato croquettes, plus cheese and biscuits.
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

Butterpuff

« Reply #4 on: Oct 20, 2019, 04:27:46 PM »
we're having chicken roast potatoes and veg...with gravy...maybe a glass of wine to wash it down

little bob

« Reply #5 on: Oct 20, 2019, 04:33:04 PM »
Its surprising these days how many people prepare a traditional sunday dinner -there are only the two of us and we have one every sunday--visitors to-day so chicken and a beef joint wasn't out of place. ::)

GrannyMac

« Reply #6 on: Oct 20, 2019, 04:56:15 PM »
Sausages from the local butcher, with mushroom and red onion sauce, new potatoes and broccoli.  Cooked by my OH.  We rarely have a traditional Sunday dinner these days.
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

Traveller

« Reply #7 on: Oct 20, 2019, 06:43:24 PM »
Slow roast mutton rib with cabbage, carrots and potatoes.  Oh, and a nice bottle of Primativo.
You'll have had your tea.

Alex22

« Reply #8 on: Oct 20, 2019, 10:56:53 PM »
Beef stew from the slow cooker, very handy when you're out all day   ;)

Michael Rolls

« Reply #9 on: Oct 22, 2019, 08:07:35 AM »
The steak in pepper sauce with garlic mushrooms and potato croquettes went down well (pun?). quite pleased with it. Apart when family visited - sadly doesn't happen so often nowadays due to distance and Veronica dying - can't remember the last time we had a traditional roast. Seemed too much bother for when there were two of us and even more so on my own.
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

Goingtoseed

« Reply #10 on: Nov 03, 2019, 12:05:47 AM »
We have been having M&S slow cooked boxed joints recently, particularly the Brisket beef one, already slow cooked, comes in its own foil dish,  so no dirty dish to wash, and cooks in 30 mins,  so tender, melts in the mouth,  very handy as a quick meal for two. the slow cooked duck legs are good also. both  come with their own sauces ,

Are you seriously saying that M&S are selling 'Brisket'?

The last time I was offered that cut of meat was in 1968 and it wasn't a day too soon. Had the damn stuff every Sunday for the previous 14 years. It's the cheapest most disgusting taste cut of a bovine. Next thing they will be selling corned beef and spam.

Alex22

« Reply #11 on: Nov 03, 2019, 12:10:16 AM »
Brisket is good, if it's prepared properly. ::)

Floydian

« Reply #12 on: Nov 03, 2019, 12:12:55 AM »
I love brisket, and we had a corned beef hash only last week, and i remember the highlight of the week when i was at school was the spam fritters we used to get at dinnertime! (Now i want some!)
"Unbelievable, Jeff...."

Alex22

« Reply #13 on: Nov 03, 2019, 12:14:06 AM »
Corned beef hash is also nice Floyd, not sure about spam though   ;D

Floydian

« Reply #14 on: Nov 03, 2019, 12:16:02 AM »
Not had any for years but honestly wouldn't mind giving 'em a try again....
"Unbelievable, Jeff...."