Author Topic: deliveries by drone,  (Read 198 times)

Alfred

deliveries by drone,
« on: Oct 21, 2019, 02:08:58 PM »
Having recently read on the internet of the first delivery by drone in the U.S.A. evidently the first so far, ??

so if at some time in the future it could or will happen here I could visualise deliveries being left in say people back gardens ,

but what about people living in say flats or high rise buildings , that might not be feasible, or possible, ??

but deliveries say to farms could be due to having that much space ,

Q; so have you any thoughts on how deliveries could be made to purchasers say in the future , if its found that drones would be allowed to fly in over crowded cities,

Michael Rolls

Re: deliveries by drone,
« Reply #1 on: Oct 21, 2019, 03:11:53 PM »
The whole idea is money grabbing lunacy - obviously drones will be cheaper than vans and drivers. However, how do they intend to cope with
People living in tower blocks
People in tenements
People with open area front gardens, leaving any deposited package open to every passerby
People who live in exclusion zones near airports
The inevitable failure of a drone in mid air - and don't let anyone kid you - no technology such as this is 100% reliable - if such reliability existed airliners would never crash
Also in today's paper, the Home Office are setting up a detect and destroy team to bring down unauthorised zones - again, no such detection system will be 100% reliable
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

Raven

Re: deliveries by drone,
« Reply #2 on: Oct 21, 2019, 04:04:44 PM »
We see an awful lot of drones up here, they are mostly being used for YouTubers to add scenic stuff to their accounts. Some of them are rubbish but some are really interesting.